List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of, 7 news reported last night that we have one player and the eagles have three that are 'working through' being vaccinated.

Not sure of list lodgement dates, but McPhee signed a 1 year extension in October, then retired on the 19th of November and the draft was held on the 22nd

Prick probably cost us a flag. McPhee instead of Sutcliffe makes a huge difference in that GF.

Looks like Daniels has put that report to rest saying everyone has had minimum one shot. So looks like just the three eagles players 😬 Maybe if there was a way to smoke the vaccine the whole team would be vaccd by now.
Rioli has had a vaccination.

Yet another mock draft

1​
North MelbourneJason Horne-Francis
2​
CollingwoodNick Daicos
3​
Western BulldogsSam Darcy
4​
GWSJosh Gibcus
5​
Gold CoastFinn Callaghan
6​
AdelaideJosh Rachele
7​
HawthornMatthew Johnson
8​
FremantleJosh Ward
9​
RichmondBen Hobbs
10​
FremantleNeil Erasmus
11​
St KildaMac Andrew
12​
West CoastArlo Draper
13​
EssendonNasiah Wanganeen-Milera
14​
Port AdelaideJacob van Rooyen
15​
GWSJye Amiss
16​
BrisbaneJosh Sinn
17​
RichmondLeek Aleer
18​
SydneyMitch Knevitt
19​
BrisbaneJosh Goater
20​
MelbourneTyler Sonsie

I'm sure many players have a preference to stay local (though some also wouldn't be opposed to going where the draft takes them) but they know generally to keep their mouth shut or at least do it in a clever way by their agent or through their interviews. But each year there seems to be one (or more) that says they will be staying in Vic or something to that effect. Perkins was last year, it seems Ward is that person this year. That indicates someone really adverse to leaving home and happy for it to be out there even if they cop some heat for it. We had a crack at Balic some years back and we saw how that turned out. If Ward truly has no interest in leaving the apron strings, and just after losing Cerra, we take him as suggested in the above mock draft, I think Bell will need to invest in an armoured car. There's a lot of names from various places who play various positions I would be happy to see pop up next to the Freo logo, but Ward isn't one of them. It would be like sticking your finger in the power outlet for a second time just to be sure it did electrocute you the first time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure of list lodgement dates, but McPhee signed a 1 year extension in October, then retired on the 19th of November and the draft was held on the 22nd

I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure in those days you could delist players between the National and Pre Season Drafts. I believe Adam McPhee and Jack Anthony both retired too late for us to use picks at the National Draft so we ended up using two Pre Season Draft picks instead. We picked up the absolute superstar which was Jack Hannath and redrafted Jesse Crichton who we’d delisted.

In those days there was 2-3 weeks between the National and Pre Season Drafts rather than less than 24 hours like it is now.

1​
2​
CollingwoodNick Daicos
3​
4​
GWSJosh Gibcus
5​
Gold CoastFinn Callaghan
6​
AdelaideJosh Rachele
7​
HawthornMatthew Johnson
8​
FremantleJosh Ward
9​
RichmondBen Hobbs
10​
FremantleNeil Erasmus
11​
St KildaMac Andrew
12​
West CoastArlo Draper
13​
14​
15​
GWSJye Amiss
16​
BrisbaneJosh Sinn
17​
RichmondLeek Aleer
18​
SydneyMitch Knevitt
19​
BrisbaneJosh Goater
20​
MelbourneTyler Sonsie
Possibly one of the worst outcomes.

1​
2​
CollingwoodNick Daicos
3​
4​
GWSJosh Gibcus
5​
Gold CoastFinn Callaghan
6​
AdelaideJosh Rachele
7​
HawthornMatthew Johnson
8​
FremantleJosh Ward
9​
RichmondBen Hobbs
10​
FremantleNeil Erasmus
11​
St KildaMac Andrew
12​
West CoastArlo Draper
13​
14​
15​
GWSJye Amiss
16​
BrisbaneJosh Sinn
17​
RichmondLeek Aleer
18​
SydneyMitch Knevitt
19​
BrisbaneJosh Goater
20​
MelbourneTyler Sonsie

I'd spew up if that was the actual draft 🤮

I may be wrong but I’m pretty sure in those days you could delist players between the National and Pre Season Drafts. I believe Adam McPhee and Jack Anthony both retired too late for us to use picks at the National Draft so we ended up using two Pre Season Draft picks instead. We picked up the absolute superstar which was Jack Hannath and redrafted Jesse Crichton who we’d delisted.
Sorry to be "That guy" but its pronounced and spelt Chr!+0n.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back