List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most of it is physical development, both in strength and endurance.

The game is full of lazy talent, great players who skate along on talent and then the game finds them out. Some pull their finger out, mature and make it.

Those who made that choice when they were 16 didn't get to show it last year.

There’s probably one, at most two, of these guys every season. The way this board is carrying on you’d swear there was twenty.

Plenty of guys come from 2nd/3rd and rise up the order. These guys would’ve been drafted anyway.

How much of it is recruiters not rating said player and how much of it is just lack of media hype?
I wouldn’t say 20 but it’s more than 1 or 2.

I do agree that the mock drafts by amateur recruiters can be a bit of group think and they don’t have all the information that a professional recruiter has.

I do think that judging young talent is difficult because no one knows if a player will develop in the future. Sure, professional recruiters can make educated guesses but they are still guesses.

Every year young players can develop quickly (bolt) and some young players don’t develop at all and might have reached their ceiling(Slide).

Strnadica got another 48 hitouts and 20 + disposals today ( plus a goal )

Strnadica looking more like a ruck than a forward? Probably wouldn’t be a bad player to have on the list as depth if he can contribute as a forward. Only 21 this year.

We never should’ve drafted as many rucks as we did. Strnadica as the 18/19 year old kid was always going to be the one screwed over the most once we drafted Meek and Jones.

Still not sure it would be seen as a mistake delisting him if we were able to pick him back up with a rookie pick tbh. He probably should’ve been one of those rucks that got their first opportunity at 21.

Well our leading goal scorer came from the Rookie list.
Could have another with Treacy.
Maybe we are onto something?
Maybe But most would prefer the Next KPF drafted in has to be From WA. are we willing to risk getting another Victorian KPF for the fear they might request a trade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we go hard getting Bobby Hill, the kid is electric.
He's the sort of player that you'd go to a game just to see.
Like Dermie said yesterday, he's influential with 8 touches, what's he going to be when he's getting 15
He'd be perfect
Free agent end of 22
Would be a great replacement for one of Schultz or Switta ( unless both of them turn into goal kickers )

If GWS continue their downward trajectory and we project up he might be gettable for 2023

Strnadica got another 48 hitouts and 20 + disposals today ( plus a goal )

He’s going well and if he can consistently produce numbers like these throughout the season and more importantly, do it in finals he could be a legit chance to get back on an AFL list.

He had the tools when with us and showed a bit of potential but just didn’t have the required dedication regarding work ethic. Maybe he’s matured and the penny has dropped in that area.

He'd be perfect
Free agent end of 22
Would be a great replacement for one of Schultz or Switta ( unless both of them turn into goal kickers )

If GWS continue their downward trajectory and we project up he might be gettable for 2023
He is not a free agent in 2022. We would have to trade for him. He may be OOC which would make the trade a bit easier but it wouldn’t be free agency. Need to be 8 years on a list to be a free agent.
Edit: or downgraded from main to rookie list. Schultz and Ethan Hughes are free agents this year as an example. If either left for another club we’d get compo picks from the AFL.

Reckon we go hard getting Bobby Hill, the kid is electric.
He's the sort of player that you'd go to a game just to see.
Like Dermie said yesterday, he's influential with 8 touches, what's he going to be when he's getting 15
I've always said we should go for him. He is quick, can leap and has some goal sense (although his conversion is not the best atm). Imagine a forward line of Hill and Henry running around 😍. Plus we hopefully have Motlop coming in as well so that combination could be fun.

He is not a free agent in 2022. We would have to trade for him. He may be OOC which would make the trade a bit easier but it wouldn’t be free agency. Need to be 8 years on a list to be a free agent.
Edit: or downgraded from main to rookie list. Schultz and Ethan Hughes are free agents this year as an example. If either left for another club we’d get compo picks from the AFL.
Ok
Thanks for the clarity
I just saw his contract finished end 22
I'm not much expert in these matters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back