List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was a big slider as you say, quite skilled and fancied by many.
From memory I think he was a late birthday and needs time to develop, has played some
at VFL level this year.

Definitely showed promise at colts + state level.

I noticed some on the Carlton board reckoned he had more potential than Cerra….which probably just tells us they haven’t watched any Dockers games in the last 3 years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What would you think if the AFL awarded a club, that lost a player to a preseason draft pick, a future compensation pick in line with their free agency compensation pick table?

It would make for a new dynamic to trades where if the contract would lead to a better compensation pick than they are willing to trade, they let the player go into the preseason draft and to the new club for nothing. Pocketing the future pick.

Okay so I don’t watch the Eagles so maybe I’m on crack with this one…

Freo: Cerra to Carlton
Carlton: pick 6 to Freo, SPS to WCE
WCE: Brander to Freo.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
That would value Brander at an early second based on reasonable expectation for Cerra trade.

Brander will likely end up at Geelong as a Delisted FA or at best a nominal late draft pick.

Yeah he played for East Freo and is best mates with Brandon Walker. Played inside mid at Colts in his top age year but is decent on the wing/half back (a bit similar to Valente imo). Cracking kid but as a pick #41 that is yet to debut he's not really worth much at the trade table.

He's probably worth around that pick 41 used on him. I've said it early on in the piece, but we should be trying to get Carroll as part of the Cerra deal. Has a lot of potential. I think he is roughly on par with O'Driscoll, who we used 27 on. About 35 seconds below is a good example of why Carroll would be way better than SPS (which thankfully is off the table).

That would value Brander at an early second based on reasonable expectation for Cerra trade.

Brander will likely end up at Geelong as a Delisted FA or at best a nominal late draft pick.

But how much of his development has been stifled by WCE’s envious glut of key forwards? Have not seen him play

In an attempt to provide a realistic best amd most reasonable scenario during trade week…..

OUT: Cerra, F3
IN: Pick 6 and 29 (WC pick for SPS) maybe even Carroll (after watching those highlights!)

OUT: Pick 29
IN: Clarke

Head to draft with:
6 out to 9: Erasmus
8 out to 11: Rachele/Amyss/JVR
27: Motlop/Johnson/JVR (if we are lucky)

Regarding Clarke, not sure why the knock on him is. Was behind players like Isaac Smith in a team throwing everything at a flag not blood youngsters. He’s at perfect age and development for Freo at 27 would be a steal and an upgrade on Freddy, Bewelly, Acres and Henry who were playing through there. Not quite cover for Cerra yet but Clarke’s style of footy would suit Freos fast movement game plan breaking lines, run and carry etc.vs Geelongs slow maintain possession game.

Like what a saw from Carroll last year and was surprised to see him slide so far. But the fact he did go at 41! Means he doesn’t hold any weight in a trade discussion imo.

I know it’s been said by a few but how many top 10 picks make it as elite? Not that many.
Cerra is rolled gold guaranteed 200 game quality who would be in the very elite bracket of kicking in the game. Tough, smart with elite decision making & disposal. Just entering his prime & perfectly developed.
Put him in this draft he probably goes at 4 after Daicos, Darcy & the SA kid.
That’s what he’s worth plus the development tax & premium for being proven & durable.
Put him with a couple of inside bulls with some decent leading forwards to kick at & there would be very few better at it.
I’m devastated to lose him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just had a gander at the Carlton SPS thread just to see if everything was normal. Nothing is normal there, absolute mental derangement, every post is a car crash or syphilis.

Highlights,

A poster cherry-picked the third season stats of SPS vs the third season stats of Cerra, arguing that they’re trending the same way. No one has mentioned that Cerra’s third season was played in 16 minute quarters. He didn’t compare their fourth seasons.

A poster recommended SPS, a third rounder & future fourth for Adam Cerra. Knowing that SPS has asked to be traded to WCE.

IN: Pick 6 and 29 (WC pick for SPS) maybe even Carroll (after watching those highlights!)

Head to draft with:

If we are picking JVR than Williams would be a need as they compliment each other and we need a minimum of 2 KPFs. Hough is also a need (if rated by the club). Using 6 (Eras/John) and 8 (JVR) is the easy part, it's figuring out how to land Williams, Motlop and Hough.

In an attempt to provide a realistic best amd most reasonable scenario during trade week…..

Head to draft with:

Regarding Clarke, not sure why the knock on him is. Was behind players like Isaac Smith in a team throwing everything at a flag not blood youngsters. He’s at perfect age and development for Freo at 27 would be a steal and an upgrade on Freddy, Bewelly, Acres and Henry who were playing through there. Not quite cover for Cerra yet but Clarke’s style of footy would suit Freos fast movement game plan breaking lines, run and carry etc.vs Geelongs slow maintain possession game.

Why are our picks dropping back three places instead of two?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sad for us and for his 2 amigos to lose Cerra.

But good as he is, he's also slow, not much of a tackler and to date, mostly turns to stone in front of goal. You'd think Freo could and will source other good young talent who brings some elements Cerra lacks.

Screenshot_20210921-234906_Chrome.jpg

If we get pick 6, the question has to be asked whether we take a punt and grab one of the Vic/SA mids or stick with Eras/John which are outside the 10.

View attachment 1242689

If we get pick 6, the question has to be asked whether we take a punt and grab one of the Vic/SA mids or stick with Eras/John which are outside the 10.
A potential Cerra trade getting pick 6 becomes pick 8.

Which SA mid? There are no Vic mids at our picks there either. But yeah, if we can get Daicos OR Horne-Francis, let's do that.

Okay so I don’t watch the Eagles so maybe I’m on crack with this one…

Freo: Cerra to Carlton
Carlton: pick 6 to Freo, SPS to WCE
WCE: Brander to Freo.

I have watched enough, just enough of WCE games over the past two years to say, Tim Kelly was not worth selling the farm for. Even though Perth media won’t cover this, it’s a telling picture for that club with the amount of local talent on off in this years draft for Freo to get their hands on.

In no particular order; JVR, Amiss, Johnson.

And our NGA boys Motlop (if still around)🤞and Bartlett. Heard some great things about this kid. One to watch I’m told by Freo development.

Before everyone jumps at me, I’m aware I left out Erasmus. There is a reason for this…so forget what’s happened to Amiss over the last 2 weeks, the kid is a gun and should be drafted ahead of Erasmus.

If we can get two picks in the top ten, then obviously Amiss & Erasmus…but if you boys think the Neale trade is dead and buried for this trade period, then you are horribly mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back