Official Club Stuff 2021 Membership Tally - *81,302 - Final Tally as at 31st July 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

how many left-handers I'm wondering..........

If there are 7 left handers in a family and they each buy a membership, then the club will give each person a free membership to give to 7 of their right handed friends.

Why not?

Richmond in 2012 - 53,027
Richmond in 2015 - 70,809
Richmond in 2018 (after their flag) - 100,726

Carlton in 2017 - 50,326
Carlton in 2020 - 67,035

Doesn't really matter if we're giving away some freebies on the way, the important thing is that it's trending upwards and we should be very well positioned to capitalise when we start making and winning the games that count. I've be staggered if Richmond weren't giving away some free memberships in between 2012 and 2017 too.
If you get a GYM membership and receive a free club membership i.e. Richmond or Essendon is that considered a freebie? ;)

If there are 7 left handers in a family and they each buy a membership, then the club will give each person a free membership to give to 7 of their right handed friends.
why the * won't that work?

I'd like to know how much of the increase is made up of the free memberships.
I'm intrested too but to be honest it's still a positive because wanted them in the end.

Hopefully next year they translate into paid members.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

73,243 as at 4th March ...

1614804371880829976603ff59394a8b_desktop.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even with the free memberships, revenue has increased from last year from memberships...
Might have something to do with decrease in value of the actual member packs and having to pay extra on postage to get your member cap/scarf or beanie , I have 4 other family members signed up as well so I have 5 X $25 vouchers so can use say all of them on one item or do I have to get 5 seperate items ?

Why are people so hung up on something that no one has actually been able to explain without guessing? We have 72,596 members as of today.

I think its a reasonable question. The supporters who have been gifted a membership this year may now renew next year, and we may see a drop off. I don't think its unreasonable to know the split between paid up members and those that have been given a membership for 2021.

I think its a reasonable question. The supporters who have been gifted a membership this year may now renew next year, and we may see a drop off. I don't think its unreasonable to know the split between paid up members and those that have been given a membership for 2021.
How much different is it to other clubs that do the buy a 3 game membership and have it upgraded to 11 games or other similar promotions that involve a membership sold at a highly discounted price?

There are many other clubs doing the same thing, we are by no means anywhere near the only team doing it. There was an article in the Hun a while ago on what each club was doing, cbf finding it.

It’s also important to note that if you “gifted” your membership last year to the club you would get the opportunity of a free membership to give to someone else, the other option was to gift and get a tax deduction for your membership (via some Carlton Sports foundation or something which sounded dodgy but the tax department ticked it off) which I’m sure many more people would have taken up than the free membership.

Personally, didn’t care about the free membership to giveaway just wanted my families name on the wall of the new development which was for the option to “Gift” and not go the tax deduction route.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It would be really strange if the club didn't include the free memberships they are giving in the member numbers. So yes i'd expect the record numbers are in part inflated hence why the membership $ may actually be the same as previous years.

That said, i'd expecting maybe only 5-10% of memberships would be these freebies though. I mean i have 3 memberships and I've only given 1 free membership away when i had more on offer and i'm sure there are plenty others who weren't eligible for the freebies or choose one of the other options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back