Position 2021 Midfielders

Which players will be top ten MIDs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club hierarchy can offer Cripps the option of taking some personal leave, but they're not going to demand he takes time off by dropping their Captain if he declares himself physically and mentally sound. He's the club Captain and is stoic asf. I don't think it's in his mindset to abandon his team during hard times. Besides, do they really want to give him time off in his home state to think about his future? Doesn't sound like a smart move to me unless they don't want to re-sign him.

All I'm saying is what I heard....
And then proceeded to post it in response to folks speaking about Cripps in the Forwards thread so that it may be lost on many....

View attachment 1125980

Pendles CBA's well down last week .....Daicos increasing CBA's .....surely Macrae & Rantall get more midfield opportunities in the 2nd half of the season

View attachment 1125983
I've been calling for Sidey and Pendles to be playing forward/half forward for so long, got abused a few times on the Pies board for it lol. Pendles can play for another 5 years just playing a half forward role, using his brain and his kicking to find targets in our forward 50, something nobody else can do. He can still get the ball, but he's no longer a stoppage beast like he once used to be. Unfortunately Adams and Elliott got injured and De Goey has been playing like s**t.

I've been calling for Sidey and Pendles to be playing forward/half forward for so long, got abused a few times on the Pies board for it lol. Pendles can play for another 5 years just playing a half forward role, using his brain and his kicking to find targets in our forward 50, something nobody else can do. He can still get the ball, but he's no longer a stoppage beast like he once used to be. Unfortunately Adams and Elliott got injured and De Goey has been playing like sh*t.
He'll play 10 years there, because without him in the guts, the ball will never get there. 🤣🤣

I've been calling for Sidey and Pendles to be playing forward/half forward for so long, got abused a few times on the Pies board for it lol. Pendles can play for another 5 years just playing a half forward role, using his brain and his kicking to find targets in our forward 50, something nobody else can do. He can still get the ball, but he's no longer a stoppage beast like he once used to be. Unfortunately Adams and Elliott got injured and De Goey has been playing like sh*t.
genuinely think pendles has it in him to be a 400 gamer, sidebottom 300-350, idk.

I'm confirming on Big Footy that Teague needs stronger glasses if he's saying there is nothing wrong with Cripps.
Teague is trying to play mind games but he ain’t fooling anyone. He even responded during his press conference about why Cripps was benched for so long something like this - we’ve got great depth in the mids just rotating LMFAO he needs to put the crack pipe down

Is there any chance of an upswing in scoring for Cripps?

I know in a couple of games early on he's been scored harshly, and yesterdays performance (on paper, didn't watch much) is promising.

27 touches at 50% contested. 10 tackles. 88% TOG. Seems like frees against and clangers stopped him from going 110+.

Carlton also have a very decent fixture list in the run home in terms of matchups.

Is he cooked? Is there hope? I love a punt on a speculative player but maybe this is a bridge too far.

I know in a couple of games early on he's been scored harshly, and yesterdays performance (on paper, didn't watch much) is promising.

27 touches at 50% contested. 10 tackles. 88% TOG. Seems like frees against and clangers stopped him from going 110+.

Carlton also have a very decent fixture list in the run home in terms of matchups.

Is he cooked? Is there hope? I love a punt on a speculative player but maybe this is a bridge too far.

I'm planning on having him at M9

He's cooked mate!

ca2liry-jpg.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked okay yesterday but the frees against and clangers aren't going anywhere tbh - he's third in the comp for total frees against this season (blokes above him are Grundy and Zorko) and his decision making yesterday was still woeful. One episode where he got a free kick @ HB then proceeded to handball straight to a Melbourne player 5 metres away from his Carlton counterpart stands out.

Still moved like he's in his 70s and I think the game being a bit more of a slog suited his game/tackle numbers. Wouldn't be going near him as a trade in option until he shows a ton or two. I started with him and unless a miracle happens over the next 3 games I'll be turfing at the bye

Looked okay yesterday but the frees against and clangers aren't going anywhere tbh - he's third in the comp for total frees against this season (blokes above him are Grundy and Zorko) and his decision making yesterday was still woeful. One episode where he got a free kick @ HB then proceeded to handball straight to a Melbourne player 5 metres away from his Carlton counterpart stands out.

Still moved like he's in his 70s and I think the game being a bit more of a slog suited his game/tackle numbers. Wouldn't be going near him as a trade in option until he shows a ton or two. I started with him and unless a miracle happens over the next 3 games I'll be turfing at the bye

Cripps' numbers & d/e were almost identical to Oliver's yesterday apart from the 1 goal that Oliver kicked which apparently is worth 46 points. One has his clangers and frees against overlooked while the other doesn't. If Oliver deserved 140 for his game then Cripps deserved 110+ at a minimum for his.

lol.JPG

LOL if you're an imbecile.

Last edited:
Cripps' numbers & d/e were almost identical to Oliver's yesterday apart from the 1 goal that Oliver kicked which apparently is worth 46 points. One has his clangers and frees against overlooked while the other doesn't. If Oliver deserved 140 for his game then Cripps deserved 110+ at a minimum for his.

View attachment 1130115

It's why I got rid of Cripps a couple weeks ago. Turfed him for Walsh (should've gone Bont or Lyons) so it hasn't turned out amazingly yet but...

Cripps has had a number of games where he's played decently this year and CD have just marked him super harshly. Things that they count as Cripps clangers that don't count as clangers for other players.

Got to read the trends on which players CD like. He's not a player you want in your final team based off how he's being scored.

View attachment 1130115
Olliepig 10 score involvements, 2 direct goal assists. Kicked the pill 6 more times which always helps
Cripps 5 score involvements, no direct GAs

I know score involvements aren't relevant to SC scoring but suggests Oliver was involved in more of the good stuff than Crippa was for us. FWIW I own both of them and from the eye test I thought Oliver was overscored (11 kermits seems to back that up) but I don't think what Cripps dished out was 110+ worthy.

I agree with Barnzy though in that I think he has been ripped off in some games this season but half the battle is picking the players that CD love. It's why seagulls like Ziebell and Impey are flavour of the month

Olliepig 10 score involvements, 2 direct goal assists. Kicked the pill 6 more times which always helps
Cripps 5 score involvements, no direct GAs

I know score involvements aren't relevant to SC scoring but suggests Oliver was involved in more of the good stuff than Crippa was for us. FWIW I own both of them and from the eye test I thought Oliver was overscored (11 kermits seems to back that up) but I don't think what Cripps dished out was 110+ worthy.

I agree with Barnzy though in that I think he has been ripped off in some games this season but half the battle is picking the players that CD love. It's why seagulls like Ziebell and Impey are flavour of the month

11 clangers & 5 frees against vs 8 clangers & 3 frees against should have evened it up a bit.

11 clangers & 5 frees against vs 8 clangers & 3 frees against should have evened it up a bit.
"Should have" but we're applying logic to something that CD are making seem increasingly arbitrary. Especially with the scoring freezes occurring late in games and then massive scaling after

View attachment 1130115

LOL if you're an imbecile.
Haha, i'll pay that.

Oliver 10 coaches votes Cripps 0 would indicate SC scores matches impact.

Cripps not really that far off a maxed out rookie and obviously has a ceiling if right.
Haven't followed him closely, obviously something other than the back isn't going great, seems to have DE and FA issues - because he's not able to accelerate away from the contest and get space?
Not winding anyone up, interested in opinions of those who've watched him lately. No harm kicking the tyres.

Looking at Touk after his bye, can he keep this scoring up is the thing? Probably, but will decide round 13. Would be a big POD even if some get him.
I’m interested in Touk after his bye.

- Suns, very week so less SC points to share because of few wins
- But very few primos to take points off him, even if Rowell comes back and starts scoring strongly it probably helps rather than hurts Touk
- Just about the only Sun who could get tagged I guess

In the end probably doesn’t have a long enough history of premium scoring for me to want to pay full price for.

What do you think of Darcy Parish as top 8 mid for the rest of the year. I can’t get him til after his bye by which time he’ll be priced up to his best. Looks to be passing the eye test based on the couple of bits I’ve seen him play recently.

I’m interested in Touk after his bye.

- Suns, very week so less SC points to share because of few wins
- But very few primos to take points off him, even if Rowell comes back and starts scoring strongly it probably helps rather than hurts Touk
- Just about the only Sun who could get tagged I guess

In the end probably doesn’t have a long enough history of premium scoring for me to want to pay full price for.

What do you think of Darcy Parish as top 8 mid for the rest of the year. I can’t get him til after his bye by which time he’ll be priced up to his best. Looks to be passing the eye test based on the couple of bits I’ve seen him play recently.
Parish has looked great the times I've seen Essendon. There are a lot of good options in that 550-600 range. Would be hard to take him over Walsh or Lyons though.

Parish has looked great the times I've seen Essendon. There are a lot of good options in that 550-600 range. Would be hard to take him over Walsh or Lyons though.
Walsh I have.

Lyons I think is on my shopping list. Need to have another look see at my bye structures.

I don’t seriously think that Neale coming back will have much affect on Lyons’ scoring but I guess that is one possible consideration.

No one coming back is going to mess with Parish. My bye structure is the main thing holding me back there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back