MRP / Trib. 2021 MRO Chook Lotto - Carlton Tribunal News & Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that how the rules are currently written though? I get the AFL want to stamp this out but under their system if it’s low impact it’s a fine. The guy got up and played the game out, played the game out well and passed his concussion test after . They’re the facts. Correct me if I’m wrong but is there anywhere in the rule book that says you can’t leave the ground and bump a guy in the head and if you do it’s a week off. The way it’s written is medium impact to the head week off. What constitutes medium impact ? Because slobbo and the AFL wants it to be medium impact is not a good enough excuse.

glad the club has challenged it, why do we have to always be the example ?

I think if we can get Malifice to speak on how the rules are written and how impact is measured, that's probably going to be more concise than what I could provide. They seem to have a very good handle on what's what regarding the actual definitions and laws.

In terms of the "pub test" if you like, I highly doubt most would consider that force to be medium. The grading is low - medium - high - severe and this article on the "company" website goes through a few incidents and how Christian grades them.

1615256295555.png

Very interestingly from that article I posted, this bump was graded as low impact and a fine. He absolutely flushed Heeney on the cheek and technically, this still shows that he too left the ground...

I'd be very interested to know if anything is explicitly written in the laws/rules regarding 'leaving the ground' when bumping. The club could and should use this footage in Williams' defense.

I posted this in the Rnd 1 thread ...

Did Clark leave the field - No

Did Clark continue to play out the game - Yes (21 disposals & 8 clearances)

Ev_0sUQVcAMMqtB

Ev_0sUQVcAMMqtB

Oh boy...

I actually think he has a good chance to get off now. Under the strict interpretation, if the above is still current, Williams should have a very strong case for it to be downgraded to a fine. Again, I think it should be a week but this kind of changes things for me.

Oh boy...

I actually think he has a good chance to get off now. Under the strict interpretation, if the above is still current, Williams should have a very strong case for it to be downgraded to a fine. Again, I think it should be a week but this kind of changes things for me.

My gut feel slim chance he will get off.

My gut feel slim chance he will get off.

I tend to agree actually, but only because of the AFL factor. Have to be one of if not the most non-transparent and dodgy organisations when it comes to getting the 'desired result'.

Strictly speaking, he should be able to have it downgraded but I am not holding my breath either.

Oh boy...

again because something doesn’t look good it doesn’t mean you get charged with an offence...did he beak the law as it’s written ? In this case it’s a clear as day no.... if the AFL doesn’t like the rule ...rewrite the rule .... our four points don’t need to be put on the line to be made an example of

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ev_0sUQVcAMMqtB

Typical AFL Amateurish bullshit, he should get off if that’s the criteria.

Follow your own *en guidelines or....rewrite them to get the desired outcome you want and stick to it.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Guessing the penalty is because the medical report has indicated he has an ongoing issue from the incident eg lingering headaches etc? Otherwise it would have been graded low impact. The concussion test after the game suggests there was some symptom present after the game finished.

Guessing the penalty is because the medical report has indicated he has an ongoing issue from the incident eg lingering headaches etc? Otherwise it would have been graded low impact. The concussion test after the game suggests there was some symptom present after the game finished.

He passed the concussion test after the game.

Is that how the rules are currently written though? I get the AFL want to stamp this out but under their system if it’s low impact it’s a fine. The guy got up and played the game out, played the game out well and passed his concussion test after . They’re the facts. Correct me if I’m wrong but is there anywhere in the rule book that says you can’t leave the ground and bump a guy in the head and if you do it’s a week off. The way it’s written is medium impact to the head week off. What constitutes medium impact ? Because slobbo and the AFL wants it to be medium impact is not a good enough excuse.

glad the club has challenged it, why do we have to always be the example ?

We had to challenge it because if that’s medium impact (the guy played out the game and was fine) then what’s low impact?

If they want to protect the head, then make a rule that clearly defines it. The media went on witch-hunt due to the recent Frawley/ Tuck tragedies.

The AFL really needs to start televising the tribunal hearings, would be interesting to watch. I’m sure fox will chuck in some money for exclusivity

Like many have said. Unnecessary. Looks bad. But, if you read the guidelines, I fail to see how it can be anything other than low impact.

If the AFL formally change the rules to make this sort of hit a 1 week suspension and are consistent with the interpretation then all will be good but at the moment the definitions clearly show this as low impact.

Indeed, I'd like to see the rules around head high hits tightened so that this sort of thing doesn't happen but there is no way Williams' hit should be classified as medium as things stand.

Ev_0sUQVcAMMqtB

Saints blabbed that he required a post-game concussion test which is why it was graded as medium.

Typical AFL, cant even write consistent guidelines.

Low: minimal or no impact on the match
Medium: clearly some impact on the player

Which he passed.
passing the test isnt a silver bullet and to use it as such would set a dangerous precendent.
If he had the test because he was showing some signs, then that is the concern, not the pass or not pass of the test.

Though one does wonder if he had any of these signs before the end of the game, and if not, were there any other incidents which could cause them. This would be a better avenue for CFC to challenge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back