List Mgmt. 2021 NAB National AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone know if Aiden Begg is capable of being a full time VFL ruck next season. Because I dont think Mason Cox can play that role. He can give a chop out for 5 minutes each quarter but that's it.
We can always sign someone else outside an AFL list. Coxy can ruck well and Begg is competent.

Could we pass on the Rookie Draft this Afternoon and Choose to either Bring a Player or 2 to try and get that last List Spot or even keep it for the Mid-Season Draft?
I think because it's Pick 2, we select someone. The fate of JDG is undecided so we could bring in another player there, anyway. Not saying he will go or should go or my opinion about it (that part is to ensure I do not start a brawl).

Could we pass on the Rookie Draft this Afternoon and Choose to either Bring a Player or 2 to try and get that last List Spot or even keep it for the Mid-Season Draft?

Yes we could, but we're committed to redrafting Chugg at least.

Wouldn't be surprised if we took a swing at a KPP either this afternoon or as an SSP addition later on after doing a pre-season with us. Maybe Dean or Schenslog, although the latter might be tricky if he's still WA based.

Daicos was a blues fan and his favourite player was Murphy.
Point?
This is an exaggerated myth. Daicos went for Collingwood. It was in the video on the website and he said so himself. He was just friends with the Silvagnis but through and through Daicos is a Pies man. He liked just about every AFL player at some point as well. Since Josh was drafted, it's been Josh.

Does anyone know if Aiden Begg is capable of being a full time VFL ruck next season. Because I dont think Mason Cox can play that role. He can give a chop out for 5 minutes each quarter but that's it.
Not sure about capability per se - seems to have gotten bigger just from images and video. I know the old coaching mob viewed him as that forward/ruck hybrid, but haven't heard McRae go into specifics yet.

I have been sales, sales manager and national sales manager for 14 years.

I still sell to this day and can tell you that dropping your pants with the best offer first up usually never works out, Sales is about either winning or breaking even to get towards a target.

You never lose as the mindset needs to be you walked away from the deal after doing everything possible to win or atleast break even.

It's bit rich to rubbish comments from posters about trading a future 3rd when that's what we were trading pick 2 for last year a 2nd and couple 3rds which was a huge loss.

Having 4 3rds might have been the difference in getting Brisbane 1st rounder next season due to F/S.

Time will tell.

A lot has changed since last year. For starters we have a pro in charge. I certainly didn’t think we’d finish 2nd last.

We traded the pick and it’s history. I prefer to look at the players we bought in Henry, Mcrea,reef and poults all look pretty good to me.

The club rated Draper and seized the opportunity to get him before the competition did. It’s got nothing to do with dropping pants. Smart organisations act quickly and opportunities when they arise.

fwiw worth I’ve been in sales for over 20 years. My philosophy is a little different than yours. I’ve only ever work for companies I believe in and when I sell or train my team to sell I focus a lot on the transaction being mutually benificial. We both win. The client gets a product and I make a living helping that client. I’ve never been a big fan of trying to get one up. The staff ive had in my teams that operated like this tend to go well early but not last. They either pi$$ off to many colleagues or clients and it goes pear shaped quickly

There is more than one way to skin a cat but in my experience strong relationships and good will go a long way. That’s why I love that Wright is in charge. He knows who he wants and nearly always gets his man.

Not sure about capability per se - seems to have gotten bigger just from images and video. I know the old coaching mob viewed him as that forward/ruck hybrid, but haven't heard McRae go into specifics yet.
Begg's more defensive.

Yes we could, but we're committed to redrafting Chugg at least.

Wouldn't be surprised if we took a swing at a KPP either this afternoon or as an SSP addition later on after doing a pre-season with us. Maybe Dean or Schenslog, although the latter might be tricky if he's still WA based.

Another Rookie kpp?
might be better off looking for another Wellingham type instead, ie pace good kick medium sized mid/wing

Rather we wait and load up early next years draft for a spine.

Hammelmann is still available. Given the amount of young talent we have, a 25 year old would be a nice add.

Mate that is what it was its not hindsight its a fact. They took the risk it could be that pick and it was. When people look back at the deal they will see pick 2 2022 for 2021 pick 20 and 27 its locked in and as you say can't be rewritten.

It is also a fact at the time they didn't know what pick they were giving up so given that they had to be prepared for it to be low.

It is also a fact many were calling to hold the pick until we know what we have just INCASE it was a bot 5 pick. Erring on the side of caution. Many predicted us to fall just not as far as we did.

They basically bet the other way and thought we would be finalists.

You don’t know the difference between history and hindsight clearly.

History says Maynard was infringed in 2018 GF leading to the Sheed goal.
Hindsight says the Ump should have paid a free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe because Recently we had not had a Ton of Top 20-30 Draft Picks
I think that's exactly right.
History suggests the elite Key Forwards are drafted in the first round not as speculative later picks.
Hine has picked Moore, Reid and Brown as KP players but they were all top 10 picks.

A lot has changed since last year. For starters we have a pro in charge. I certainly didn’t think we’d finish 2nd last.

We traded the pick and it’s history. I prefer to look at the players we bought in Henry, Mcrea,reef and poults all look pretty good to me.

The club rated Draper and seized the opportunity to get him before the competition did. It’s got nothing to do with dropping pants. Smart organisations act quickly and opportunities when they arise.

fwiw worth I’ve been in sales for over 20 years. My philosophy is a little different than yours. I’ve only ever work for companies I believe in and when I sell or train my team to sell I focus a lot on the transaction being mutually benificial. We both win. The client gets a product and I make a living helping that client. I’ve never been a big fan of trying to get one up. The staff ive had in my teams that operated like this tend to go well early but not last. They either pi$$ off to many colleagues or clients and it goes pear shaped quickly

There is more than one way to skin a cat but in my experience strong relationships and good will go a long way. That’s why I love that Wright is in charge. He knows who he wants and nearly always gets his man.

The 2 players we got through that pick is Poulter and McMahon.
I'm a fan of Poulter and McMahon is ages away from knowing what we have but not sure either are going to be top 2 pick good.

Even G.Wright was peeved we traded it.

Another Rookie kpp?
might be better off looking for another Wellingham type instead, ie pace good kick medium sized mid/wing

Rather we wait and load up early next years draft for a spine.

That what I think we do too as Pick 2 could get us a Good Rookie and Hopefully a Tall

You don’t know the difference between history and hindsight clearly.

History says Maynard was infringed in 2018 GF leading to the Sheed goal.
Hindsight says the Ump should have paid a free.

Hindsight is just bemoaning that we made the call to trade it after knowing the outcome.

History will show both that we traded the pick and the outcome of that pick being pick 2.
Both are historical facts.

So history will ask if the prevailing view at the time of a 6-10 finish in 2021, and a projected value of pick 9 - 13 was fair for 2 picks in the 20’s.

That’s the fair and unbiased view of how to assess the deal, with information known at the time.

I'm not someone who views it as us trading Pick 2. But when do clubs trade pick 10 for two picks in the mid 20s? It doesn't happen. It was a s**t deal regardless.

I find it amusing that some people have lost their sh!t because we gave up a future 3rd rounder(likely 50 plus) so we could move up 2 spots and snare Draper. I can only assume those people have never negotiated a thing in their life. Clearly we rate the kid and knew he’d be gone if we didn’t do the trade. The cats aren’t going to give us the pick out if good will. We needed to give up something that would get it done(and it’s only 50plus next year)

I really think people get to caught up in the number. It’s player you take with that number thAts important. Time will tell but clearly our people rated him much higher than 45
100%

To the critics.
In what alternative reality did the 1st RD pick traded to GWS, have the number 2 marked on it the day it changed hands?

The whinging and hand wringing on this issue is just laughable.

Maybe these same people can tell us the number on our 2022 1st Rounder, just so the Club can be apprised accordingly, and get ahead of the game.

I agree. It was the dumpster fire of a pre season that tanked our 2021 season. No one saw that coming. We'll rocket back up the ladder in 2022 provided we don't have a repeat of it this year. Hopefully the De Goey incident is the first and last distraction we have this pre season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back