2021 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 1: we can have lots of fun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is a numbers game. I have mates that ran the same lines and worked the same odds during the 80-90s. This generation uses these mediums ahead of actual physical engagement. I’d be surprised if he’s not 1 of 500 anonymous dickheads doing the exact same thing. They’d get a slap or drink in the face back then. Not saying it’s right, but, by gum it’s a different world.
Same game, different playing field.....

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The Clarkson Reign is surely close to an end.

Even the best need a change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont need even need to put up an argument to defend the AFL's position here. They are 100% right and then some.

J Brown was one of the most feared AFL players on the ground. When you can go toe to toe with him, the AFL had a duty of care.

fb_img_1527305085320-jpg.502533

I dont need even need to put up an argument to defend the AFL's position here. They are 100% right and then some.

J Brown was one of the most feared AFL players on the ground. When you can go toe to toe with him, the AFL had a duty of care.

Mike Sheehan did an Open Mike with her and the issue of comparative size came up. Her argument was that she is so hindered by hormone blockers that she would not be competitive in a men's team.

That is total BS. There are men's teams in which I'd be competitive. Of course I'd be useless in AFL or state comps, but a7r or masters? yeah, there's a place.

If she says she needs to play against women to be competitive, that is a pure ego response from an Olympian who has a feeling of entitlement to play at the top level.

What happens if a female with similar proportions and strength play Footy. Can she not play AFLW.

If we as a society accept transgender people as the gender they identify with, how can we stop them doing activities (and employment) associated with that gender.

The AFL are effectively saying regardless of identity, transgender people are accepted as they are born. Not how they identify. A slippery slope in 2021.

Be interesting to see how they, and any sporting organisation would sugarcoat/PR their way out of it if pressed with that line of enquiry.

What happens if a female with similar proportions and strength play Footy. Can she not play AFLW.

If we as a society accept transgender people as the gender they identify with, how can we stop them doing activities (and employment) associated with that gender.

The AFL are effectively saying regardless of identity, transgender people are accepted as they are born. Not how they identify. A slippery slope in 2021.

Be interesting to see how they, and any sporting organisation would sugarcoat/PR their way out of it if pressed with that line of enquiry.

bad argument, I don't have any issue with doing what it takes to get you through the day, if you need to change how you identify yourself so be it. Until it effects somebody else. Hanna wearing a dress effects nobody but Hanna, Hanna laying a tackle to an average girl is unfair to the girl being tackled. There is a reason there is women only sporting competition, men and women are genetically different regardless of how they identify. It's not a job it is a contact sport, and at time a brutal sport, and I can't think of any jobs now days that women can't do so employment a mute argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back