2021 Non-Crows AFL Discussion Part 1: we can have lots of fun!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

flashcrow

Club Legend
Jul 15, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
#weflyasone
The upside down “ok” in photos WAS a game, but for the last 5-10 years, it has been known to be used by white supremacists. We aren’t talking the regular “ok” symbol. I'm not sure how people wouldn’t know this by now there has been so much written about it in the last few years? Regardless of their intention, it is completely juvenile. And speaking of juvenile... yes, how about that Port!
Most people know what it has been used for in recent years, but giving attention, gives it air. Let it die.

Never write port with a capital, it might send them a sign. ;)

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
1620098645688.png

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
Geez its hard to keep up.

So the "OK" hand sign that people have been doing for centuries is now considered racist cos some white supremacists in the USA started doing it a few years ago.

Is there a think tank that decides these things?
They use it as an identifier, pretty selfish of them to use a world wide known hand signal for yes, couldn't they have picked like Red shoelaces or something that didn't effect every one on the planet.

Godallblighty

Premiership Player
May 17, 2010
Hanging Rock
AFL Club
Adelaide
No - just a regular reaction from someone who doesn't label other people ignorant and dumb, just beacuse they aren't on the cutting edge of the latest social justice media circle-jerk.

That you label it a 'social justice media circle-jerk' says everything about why you don't want to acknowledge it. This isn't made up by lefties. It wasn't co-opted and corrupted by SJWs, it was RWNJs, and they deliberately use the fact that it was once just a stupid game to pretend that it is all still innocent. It isn't. And it is widely known. If anyone reading this thread didn't know about it, you all now do. Consider yourself better informed.

Apr 22, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
T.Swift Huddersfield Town AUFC
If Collingwood had sold De goey last year maybe they'd be able to afford Harry McKay you know a key forward who actually kicks goals and takes contested marks and wins games, they played themselves

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
They use it as an identifier, pretty selfish of them to use a world wide known hand signal for yes, couldn't they have picked like Red shoelaces or something that didn't effect every one on the planet.
I'm going to start a movement that uses breathing as the universal signal for tolerance & love for all races, religions and persuasions

World Peace finally achieved courtesy of Carl Spackler

If Collingwood had sold De goey last year maybe they'd be able to afford Harry McKay you know a key forward who actually kicks goals and takes contested marks and wins games, they played themselves
Losing Treloar and Stephenson was a massive mistake, hell I even thought of it at the time and that it would ruin any chances of them making the 8.

I dont know the salary cap details of the Pies, but if I had to consider losing a player out of Moore, Stephenson, DeGoey, Grundy and Treloar, I would have actually gone with DeGoey, mainly because he would have offered the most value last year, would have eased their salary cap and given his off field issues, it was a no brainer for me.

De Goey is a 1/5 BOG, he definitely is not consistent.

I'm going to start a movement that uses breathing as the universal signal for tolerance & love for all races, religions and persuasions

I hold my breath when I see Port play. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

aabp1978

Club Legend
Sep 19, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
So just catching up on the Frank Costa news. While he seems like a decent man, I really don't understand how the separate cleaning contract between him and Dangerfield's was not investigated more. Otherwise, I am sure that the Gerards are looking for a gardener....and I am sure the Rankine's, Stephens or Lukocious' nearest and dearest would love to fill the role....

THERE will be a 32-year first unfold at Marvel Stadium this Saturday evening, when North Melbourne coach David Noble is forced to plot against his own son – Collingwood defender John Noble.

If Noble was with us, he would place Mackay on him. :$

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
So thumbs down actually meant let him live?

yes, and it was only ever used once, in a naval battle reenactment

That can be our catch cry

George Floyd likes this

THERE will be a 32-year first unfold at Marvel Stadium this Saturday evening, when North Melbourne coach David Noble is forced to plot against his own son – Collingwood defender John Noble.

If Noble was with us, he would place Mackay on him. :$

stupid way for AFL to sell it - not a first, just hasn’t happened in a long time

also didn’t know they were related

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Im not agreeing with it, but I know in 2021, with the Woke World that we live in and with Cancel Culture, it will eventually be banned.
I agree with all that but to say that I’m dumb (not you) because I don’t research alternate meanings of childish games is beyond belief.

I agree with all that but to say that I’m dumb (not you) because I don’t research alternate meanings of childish games is beyond belief.
Sorry you must have me confused with another poster. I would never (almost never) call someone dumb on here.

I try my best to bring some laughs and smiles only. Sometimes I get it right, most times wrong. lol. But I try. :$

EDIT

Sorry just saw the not you part. All good. Gosh I should read more carefully. :$

Apsaalooke

Premiership Player
Sep 23, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Ozark Mountain Daredevils

I'm not holding my breath on that one

Edit: Sorry already been done while I was turning blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back