Banter 2021 Off-Topic Chat Thread - PART II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realise the implications of a crippled health system yes? When all the ICU beds are taking up with covid victims people with otherwise survivable conditions will die. That doesn't even include the direct deaths of thousands from the virus itself. Both of these factors completely dwarf any uptick in suicides.
When has it happened? When has it come close? When has it come remotely close?

Imagine calling a 'national emergency' when you are not the PM, when you refuse to lockdown your own capital city, when you allow all the shops to be open, do not mandate masks in public and do not define essential services.

Imagine calling a 'national emergency' to demand all vaccinations to be sent to NSW.

Imagine calling a 'national emergency' to spread the blame for their ***-ups.

Attempted suicide rates among Victorian teenagers have skyrocketed by 184 per cent in the past six months.
That's a misleading Murdoch headline which does not actually seem to be borne out by the attached story, unless all teenagers asking for any help from crisis services are defined as "attempted suicides".
It is hard, if not impossible, to distil actual numbers from the story because it slips and slides from one set of figures to another, often comparing apples with oranges.

That's a misleading Murdoch headline which does not actually seem to be borne out by the attached story, unless all teenagers asking for any help from crisis services are defined as "attempted suicides".
It is hard, if not impossible, to distil actual numbers from the story because it slips and slides from one set of figures to another, often comparing apples with oranges.
Yeah fair enough.

The point of the vaccine isn't eradication, atleast not short term, it's about turning a super contagious virus that can seriously, and irreversibly effect a lot of people, into nothing more than a season cold.
Those who are young, healthy and vaccinated who get COVID say it's like a cold, bit annoying for a day or 3 then they are ok.
There are plenty of vaccinated in hospital, but those are in "at risk" groups who'd be in hospital if they caught the flu.
Look at the states now, still plenty in hospital sure, but deaths are largely down, and even the areas where hospitalisation is high are areas that are heavily anti vaccine and anti mask.
It helps reduce the urgency, doesn't get rid of it though.

The point of the vaccine isn't eradication, atleast not short term, it's about turning a super contagious virus that can seriously, and irreversibly effect a lot of people, into nothing more than a season cold.
Those who are young, healthy and vaccinated who get COVID say it's like a cold, bit annoying for a day or 3 then they are ok.
There are plenty of vaccinated in hospital, but those are in "at risk" groups who'd be in hospital if they caught the flu.
Look at the states now, still plenty in hospital sure, but deaths are largely down, and even the areas where hospitalisation is high are areas that are heavily anti vaccine and anti mask.
People aren't told this though. I would say most believe the vaccine is to get rid of the virus.
Most believe it is to stop giving others covid and spreading it.
Do you see much information out there setting people straight?
That's what the narrative will be going forward too when it flares up next winter when we're all vaccinated.
Same as lockdowns were meant to flatten the curve. Not have zero cases.
But look at how it is.

Yeah, and high risk groups should be vaxxed. It’s insane that they want young people and kids to be vaxxed, when the danger is virtually non-existent. And no one knows the long term effects of these experimental vaccines. The people getting them are the test subjects.

Does it help against the crazies?

People aren't told this though. I would say most believe the vaccine is to get rid of the virus.
Most believe it is to stop giving others covid and spreading it.
Do you see much information out there setting people straight?
That's what the narrative will be going forward too when it flares up next winter when we're all vaccinated.
Same as lockdowns were meant to flatten the curve. Not have zero cases.
But look at how it is.

Easy to cater to the lowest common denominator and not give too much info out (that's any subject BTW).
Of course fear has a bit to do with it aswell, media relies on fear to generate clicks, governments are either fearful, being directed by fearful people, or enjoy creating fear.
Look at the states, all media over there push 2 vastly separate agendas, often at the same time, to generate division in opinions which generates clicks and views.
On the other end, big business loves a fearful populous, guys like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos have made HUGE amounts of money due to lockdowns, Bezos has increased his personal wealth by almost 100 BILLION DOLLARS alone.
Fearful and ignorant middle class, either manufactured or real, is too powerful for the elite to ignore.

Yeah, and high risk groups should be vaxxed. It’s insane that they want young people and kids to be vaxxed, when the danger is virtually non-existent. And no one knows the long term effects of these experimental vaccines. The people getting them are the test subjects.

Young people have been the biggest spreaders of COVID since it started, and right now kids (specifically schools) have become super spreaders for the delta strain, thats why they want those vaccinated.
And it isn't experimental in the way most people think, it's had more resources put into it that any vaccine in history.
They didn't test the polio vaccine over 100 years, they just started vaccinating against polio, mostly because if you actually understand how vaccines are manufactured, you understand the long term effects. It's a classic case of people making assumptions on something they have no understanding about.

Young people have been the biggest spreaders of COVID since it started, and right now kids (specifically schools) have become super spreaders for the delta strain, thats why they want those vaccinated.
And it isn't experimental in the way most people think, it's had more resources put into it that any vaccine in history.
They didn't test the polio vaccine over 100 years, they just started vaccinating against polio, mostly because if you actually understand how vaccines are manufactured, you understand the long term effects. It's a classic case of people making assumptions on something they have no understanding about.
I remember about a year ago on here. Probably this same thread. I was saying I hope they don't make kids get it.
I don't really want to give it to my kids.
And the health and government was "No. Kids will not have to get it."
Always knew in the back of mind that was a lie though.
The whole thing just has no end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the high risk groups are vaxxed, kids don’t need to be. And some of the vaxs are being used for the first time. They are experimental. 6 months use doesn’t prove jack. It’s the medium to long term use that is the great unknown.

If the high risk groups are vaxxed, kids don’t need to be. And some of the vaxs are being used for the first time. They are experimental. 6 months use doesn’t prove jack. It’s the medium to long term use that is the great unknown.
Yeah. Can't compare it to Polio. If your kid gets Polio they are disabled for life.
Totally worth getting the vaccine.
If your gets Corona. Nothing.
There's a bit of a difference.

just as a matter of interest... other than time .. how can they test the long term outcomes?
Is your suggestion to test over say 5 years and look at the results in 5 years time and then release the vaccine at that point?

And in the meantime lock down for 5 years until the results are in? Or carry on no lockdown letting it run and see what happens.

Just curious.

Yeah. Can't compare it to Polio. If your kid gets Polio they are disabled for life.
Totally worth getting the vaccine.
If your gets Corona. Nothing.
There's a bit of a difference.

Completely missed the point.
Also, there are heaps of long term effects to COVID, stop living in a black and white world where it's either death or completely fine.
My point is simple. Just because YOU don't know about the manufacture of vaccines and question long term effects doesn't mean there even ARE or could be any effects. Try listening to the people who do know, and the ones I've heard and seen have said there are absolutely no long term effects, mostly because a vaccine isn't long term and doesn't change anything. It's like watching a preview of a movie.

Completely missed the point.
Also, there are heaps of long term effects to COVID, stop living in a black and white world where it's either death or completely fine.
My point is simple. Just because YOU don't know about the manufacture of vaccines and question long term effects doesn't mean there even ARE or could be any effects. Try listening to the people who do know, and the ones I've heard and seen have said there are absolutely no long term effects, mostly because a vaccine isn't long term and doesn't change anything. It's like watching a preview of a movie.
For kids (assuming they're are healthy) it is that black and white.
Trying to say it's not is not really true.
But YOU don't either. No-one does. It's not scientifically possible to know the long term effects.
Its ok for me to get it because I've had my youth, on the odd chance I got Corona I would maybe only have a 99.9% chance of surving instead of 99.99999999.
But why would I take any chance with my kids. They are more important than anything.
If you or other people want to yeah that's fine. The risks are crazy low.
But I can guarantee you most won't.
Does that make most of the parents in the country crazy conspiracy nuts?
I don't think so. Just risk vs reward.

But YOU don't either. No-one does. It's not scientifically possible to know the long term effects.
Its ok for me to get it because I've had my youth, on the odd chance I got Corona I would maybe only have a 99.9% chance of surving instead of 99.99999999.
But why would I take any chance with my kids. They are important than anything.

FFS you simply don't get it. YES IT IS.
Those who actually are professionals DO ABSOLUTELY KNOW ALL THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT IT.
Just because YOU don't understand doesn't make you right.

But why would I take any chance with my kids. They are more important than anything.

Read this.

FFS you simply don't get it. YES IT IS.
Those who actually are professionals DO ABSOLUTELY KNOW ALL THERE IS TO KNOW ABOUT IT.
Just because YOU don't understand doesn't make you right.
How? Did they take it 5 years ago? Did they give it to an 8 year old kid 15 years ago and then wait till they had kids?
I thought a year ago they knew all there was to about it?
2 people died yesterday.

How? Did they take it 5 years ago? Did they give it to an 8 year old kid 15 years ago and then wait till they had kids?
I thought a year ago they knew all there was to about it?
2 people died yesterday.

Yeah they did, because the fed government has pushed the AZ vaccine that knowingly carries a compound that's considered dangerous to be taken via IV.
Purely due to vested interests.
And again, KNOWINGLY. It wasn't some surprise you know, it's expected with the AZ vaccine (which I would never take).
Again, this is what I'm saying. Just because YOU don't know any of this doesn't mean the actual professions don't.

Read this.

Yeah I read it. And I agree.
But it still does not change the risk vs reward factor.
The risk is basically nothing. Yep. But the reward is even less.
As I said, if you want to do it. That's great.

Yeah they did, because the fed government has pushed the AZ vaccine that knowingly carries a compound that's considered dangerous to be taken via IV.
Purely due to vested interests.
And again, KNOWINGLY. It wasn't some surprise you know, it's expected with the AZ vaccine (which I would never take).
Again, this is what I'm saying. Just because YOU don't know any of this doesn't mean the actual professions don't.
Yeah it was expected. But it was not expected a year ago.
Not from the advice that we were privy to. Well mainstream anyway. And if you didn't listen to the mainstream you were a nut job.
Just because our politicians and the advisers they pay to advise them are corrupt does not make it more comforting.

Yeah it was expected. But it was not expected a year ago.
Not from the advice that we were privy to. Well mainstream anyway. And if you didn't listen to the mainstream you were a nut job.
Just because our politicians and the advisers they pay to advise them are corrupt does not make it more comforting.

Nah it was, it's a known issue with that type of vaccine, the second part of your post is why we never heard about it.
Corrupt campaigners the lot of them.
I agree with you regarding risk and reward too BTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back