Banter 2021 Off-Topic Chat Thread - PART II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Scomo is corrupt, not too bright and doesn't really care that much.
But sh*t, I'd take that any day over someone who is corrupt, grossly incompetent and has an insane thirst for power.
It's dangerous.

I think he's astonishingly middle of the road is most things. Which is probably what most politicians should be. And boring.

I think he's astonishingly middle of the road is most things. Which is probably what most politicians should be. And boring.
True. I now miss boring. Couldn't we just have had a Premier that was just happy to collect his pension and f**k off?
What did we do to deserve this guy who wants to be a demi God?
We pay these guys to govern, not pay them to rule us.

The wind is crazy down Geelong way

I didn't need to get up too early today - shift doesn't start until 11, but the wind started to concern me as I put a BBQ stand for the old Weber out in the rain last week. It was rather dirty and thought the rain was the best option to start cleaning it, but with the wind i started to get worried as there's no weight in it

It was standing perfectly in place, hadn't moved even an inch - still decided to carry it under cover and turned it upside down hoping that the wind couldn't get under it

How windy is it. I've got this old wheel barrow that I put a little garden in.
It blew over and wrecked it all.
It’s off the charts. Had to drive around 10-15 trees that had fallen on the road, and when i get to work the back roller door has been blown in, clear of its channels and it’s just flapping around in the wind. Crazy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got sent home from work cause the power went out, and wasn’t going to be re-connected till later today. Sweet start to a long weekend 👍🏻

I remember working retail and we had a bomb scare- whole centre was evacuated.

My manager was "this close" to pulling the plug and telling me to go home.
But nooooooo. They *en had to re-open the centre and we all went back to work. #rippedoff.

When the wild literally blows your house down - not sure where is Geelong this was taken

View attachment 1270030

Jesus. Thats not good.

My mate posted on facebook, a bit of her roof (idk like... maybe 40cm x 40cm not that big) came off last night. She still has to deal with it on her day off, which would be really annoying.

Not as annoying as that tho ^^

I like complaining

#metoo.

They said winds easing from 10am onwards, so hopefully it gets better.

Wind scares the hell outta me. Probably the most dangerous time to be out on the roads/in a park, etc etc in conditions like this, including heavy rain and storms.

I remember working retail and we had a bomb scare- whole centre was evacuated.

My manager was "this close" to pulling the plug and telling me to go home.
But nooooooo. They fu**en had to re-open the centre and we all went back to work. #rippedoff.
Bastards. I heard from one of my workmates we might get sent home. I was thinking they better do it now, cause i got my hopes up. Would have been crushing if they made us stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back