Review 2021 R1, Port beats North

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, but it is interesting to see what the oppo thinks as well. The question is fair.

The better posters here are as good as any on any other board.

As stated, it was a pretty ho hum, go through the motions outing for Port, as was expected.

I'd be interested to read any constructive input about North if someone would like to post it.
You guys need to repeat the first quarter effort over 4 quarters, but also not burnout either.

I noticed some players looked stuffed halfway through the game.

Snake_Baker, Ben McKay was one who really impressed me in the absence of Tarrant. Bar a 5 minute period in the second, he smashed Dixon. Wasn't all team defence either, he won more than his share of one on ones. Extremely strong for a relatively young player.

Snake_Baker, Ben McKay was one who really impressed me in the absence of Tarrant. Bar a 5 minute period in the second, he smashed Dixon. Wasn't all team defence either, he won more than his share of one on ones. Extremely strong for a relatively young player.

Big unit. Looked almost the same size as Charles

I was more focused on our players but he's some observations of North FWIW.

I thought Stephenson had a good game as did Davies-Uniacke. Thomas showed a bit. Powell was good on debut.

As Schulzenfest posted above, McKay was good on Dixon. A tough gig for a guy with less than 20 games experience and the weight of supply our forwards were receiving.

Goldstein just keeps doing what he does. I don't watch all of North's games but from those I do he seems to always be reliable.

More generally Snake_Baker, you need to draft some players that can kick the football. Some of those turnovers through the middle of the ground were absolutely horrendous, even the s**t teams will slice you to pieces if you do that. But I'm sure you know that already lol.

More generally Snake_Baker, you need to draft some players that can kick the football. Some of those turnovers through the middle of the ground were absolutely horrendous, even the sh*t teams will slice you to pieces if you do that. But I'm sure you know that already lol.

I was actually thinking about this also, and I reckon it more about decision making than execution.

An experienced, well drilled side like Port gave us a lesson in how to cash in on good decision making & execution when picking off turnovers.

The match was a bit "basketballish" really, but you can't blame Port, because all they had to do was sweat us and take the easy points.

At the end of the day I was pretty encouraged by many North individuals, but not so much the strategy & team effort. It'll take a while to gel.

I was actually thinking about this also, and I reckon it more about decision making than execution.

An experienced, well drilled side like Port gave us a lesson in how to cash in on good decision making & execution when picking off turnovers.

The match was a bit "basketballish" really, but you can't blame Port, because all they had to do was sweat us and take the easy points.

At the end of the day I was pretty encouraged by many North individuals, but not so much the strategy & team effort. It'll take a while to gel.
Snake, seems you live here on the Port board. Are you a closet Power supporter? Time to fess up and come out of the closet mate! You will feel an enormous weight off your shoulders afterwards ......

So I am told.

Snake, seems you live here on the Port board. Are you a closet Power supporter? Time to fess up and come out of the closet mate! You will feel an enormous weight off your shoulders afterwards ......

I pop around most of the club boards for a chat from time to time, and why shouldn't I? Maybe you should try it some time?

There's no particular adulation for Port. I am as culturally rusted on to North as you can get. It was either follow North or get drowned at birth. I'm the 4th of 5 generations of North supporters who all came from the area and my grandfather played for the club. My old man also had a pub in the area.

I pop around most of the club boards for a chat from time to time, and why shouldn't I? Maybe you should try it some time?

There's no particular adulation for Port. I am as culturally rusted on to North as you can get. It was either follow North or get drowned at birth. I'm the 4th of 5 generations of North supporters who all came from the area and my grandfather played for the club. My old man also had a pub in the area.
Good on you.

Are you still in the local area? I've been in Melbourne for 25 years and lived all over the place. I lived pretty close to Arden Street for a couple of years in the late 90s, around the time North won their last flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you still in the local area? I've been in Melbourne for 25 years and lived all over the place. I lived pretty close to Arden Street for a couple of years in the late 90s, around the time North won their last flag.

No, not these days mate. My old man had the CourtHouse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back