25. Dean Kent - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

Restricted and Unrestricted Free Agency Window
Friday October 1 – Friday October 8

Trade Period
Players: Monday October 4 – Wednesday October 13
Picks: Monday October 4 – tbc (approx. Friday November 19)

List Lodgement 1
tbc (approx. Thursday October 28)

Delisted Free Agency Window 1
tbc (approx. Friday October 29 - Monday November 8)

List Lodgement 2 (Final date for primary list delistings)
tbc (approx. Tuesday November 9)

Delisted Free Agency Window 2
tbc (approx. Wednesday November 10 - Friday November 19)

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching the the game on the weekend I just can’t help but think we are WAY off. If ya think gringo is negative.. look away... but I’m not getting my hopes up.

I expect both Owens & Windy to not fall our way (in St Kilda fashion with the no top 20 matching rule) + someone like an Essendon grabbing Bing at the last minute with a crazy offer next year + potential to not make the 8 playing more kids and losing senior GOPs.

When does anything ever go right for us?? I can’t think of a time where we’ve actually had some luck fall our way.

Very deflated after that GF, it’s knocked me down for this trade period big time haha.

Hopefully Owens and Windhanger tank their testing.

In all seriousness, it would be a huge call for Owens to be taking a inside 20.

He was originally not picked for that Country v Metro game and got the late call up.

Was very good but mostly played off the flanks and wing.
I agree,Owens would be getting selected in the top 20 based on 1 or 2 games,coming from basically nowhere.
Over the past 2 Covid riddled season's there has probably been up to 40 players mentioned in posts regarding 2021 Top Draft prospects, and our 2x NGA have only come into discussions in the last couple of months
I am sure recruitment people have their eye on stars for ages/years even, and in my opinion this upcoming Draft has some very good kids at the top end.
Will Windhager and Owens be Top 20 good.
Not so sure that they will be with so little Competitive football being played.
I don't think the Saints are trying to get another Round 1 pick to stop other teams having an opportunity to get Mitch or Marcus,I think their line of thought is having 4x Talented kids (Rated in Top 30) being added to our list

Hopefully Owens and Windhanger tank their testing.

In all seriousness, it would be a huge call for Owens to be taking a inside 20.

He was originally not picked for that Country v Metro game and got the late call up.

Was very good but mostly played off the flanks and wing.
Yep, for essentially one or two games. Would be an incredibly rapid rise.

Because there is nothing to talk about. So they mention Ben King and they now suddenly have something for people to call up about.
Going to be a long month. It's cringe at the best of times, let alone when it appears likely to be a really quiet trade period. They've made this period such a money maker though that they won't just admit that it's a quiet off season. Cerra and Dawson are nice players but that's about it. George Hewett and Petrevski-Seton are going to turn into A-graders over the next few weeks.

Lol, the trade radio and amateur AFL coverage of the trade period is so dull
Starting it a week before trade starts is very unnecessary. Especially a year like this when the biggest name involved is Cerra, then they are relying on players like SPS, Clark and Colemen-Jones to hold peoples attention.

If Owens and Windhager go before 20 I think I'll just give up any hope of us ever getting a free hit at the draft.

Dees got pick 2 for Frawley for fu**s sake.
Dogs get spoiled with riches
Swans get academy picks every other year
We get a kick in the head for daring to have NGA prospects.

i feel your pain. it's not so much the free hit for mine. the problem i have is the inequity the AFL have created.

the best thing the AFL ever did was implement mechanism to try and level the playing field between the haves and have nots. the salary cap and draft create a more even competition and ensured clubs didnt go bankrupt out spending each other. they went a step further and then implemented a soft cap in footy dept spending that was causing more inequity and clubs again running the risk of going into financial peril for an artificially inflated market/arms race.

but the handling of the academies has gone completely against these key pillars and their very objective of making the comp as even as possible.

this started with the academy given the Sydney/GWS/GC instead of evening that up, they caved to the wants of the big clubs and granted everyone a zone. like they learnt nothing from when zones were used and didn't understand the very reason of having a draft. people warned them about this and they were so tied to the power clubs, they ignored it. but when a pick 1 went to a club playing finals and a powerclub missed out on their prized pick 1 talent, suddenly it was a problem. coincidentally at a time when some power clubs faced a rebuild: richmond, adelaide, geelong, wce, hawthorn, collingwood.

suddenly the integrity of the draft and equalization is an issue again. colour me shocked.

so they identify it has to go. fine.

but then they just close the door on it, straight away. meaning 1/3 of clubs have had an unfair advantage. 2/3 of clubs miss out. Sydney/GWS/Brisbane/GC still get to benefit from it.

its just messed up.

8AM – SAINTS CONFIDENT OF LURING SUNS STAR

Three-time Coleman medallist Matthew Lloyd has revealed that St Kilda are confident of landing Suns star forward Ben King, also naming as Essendon as a potential suitor.

King, who booted a career-high 47 goals in 2021, comes out of contract at the end of next season, with several Victorian clubs set to target the 21-year old.

But after locking away his twin brother Max until 2026, the Saints are reportedly optimistic of uniting the pair, who were both taken in the top six picks of the 2018 National Draft.

“St Kilda think they’ve got him. The talk in Melbourne is that they feel like they’ve had him and will get Ben King,

people must have missed caro state "they think they can get Ben King" when she was talking to the club about the Ross & Membrey saga. the club has not been quiet about this. they've openly told people they should be able to get him.

Starting it a week before trade starts is very unnecessary. Especially a year like this when the biggest name involved is Cerra, then they are relying on players like SPS, Clark and Colemen-Jones to hold peoples attention.

Usually love it, but not really interested this season, maybe tune in if something happens over the next couple of weeks. I am sure I'll get the relevant info from somebody posting on here.

people must have missed caro state "they think they can get Ben King" when she was talking to the club about the Ross & Membrey saga. the club has not been quiet about this. they've openly told people they should be able to get him.
Not openly, but the industry knows what happened last contract, the AFL stepped in for him and Lukicous and gave them 150k per year extra on top. Lethlean said on SEN he told the family the offer was to good to let go.

Now I find it interesting that the family were in contact with Lethlean unless of course they were about to tell GC Kings two years were all they weregetting from him.
The industry knows these simple truths.
1) Ben has an identical twin whom he is extremely cloes to and who plays for the Saints
2) The King family are avid Saints fans
3) That the Saints have been selling Ben the dream of playing in a Saints flag with his twin.
4) Fold Coast are a money pit rabble that should taken out the back and get a bullet behind the ear.

Not actively telling everyone but telegraphed that we needed to use FRDP's last and this year so we can use two for trading purposes in 2022.

Really not diffucult to put together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last year 3 NGA's went in the first round and ended up at sides that finished in the top 8. JUH to Dogs 8th, Lachie Jones to Port 3rd and Reef McInnes to Pies 6th

As I posted in the Draft thread, Saints and Carlton are the only clubs to not get a kid through the NGA system in any way. Arguably two clubs who've needed it most. The AFL is a farce.

Watching the the game on the weekend I just can’t help but think we are WAY off. If ya think gringo is negative.. look away... but I’m not getting my hopes up.

I expect both Owens & Windy to not fall our way (in St Kilda fashion with the no top 20 matching rule) + someone like an Essendon grabbing Bing at the last minute with a crazy offer next year + potential to not make the 8 playing more kids and losing senior GOPs.

When does anything ever go right for us?? I can’t think of a time where we’ve actually had some luck fall our way.

Very deflated after that GF, it’s knocked me down for this trade period big time haha.

We’d still have max king. And 3 first rounders + cap space over the next couple of years, WORSE CASE. Not all doom and gloom. Oh and, we nearly made finals this year after relentless injuries and bad form + don’t forget the GOAT 🐐

I know all the talk is that King isn’t going anywhere until next year? But does anyone think that it might be a bit of smoke?

Surely the Suns have spoken to Ben and been told that he’s leaving at the end of his contract. Plus they already have too many players on their list (currently have 38 contracted plus bringing in Chol. So they need to drop at least four (teams have to draft three this year)

Saints are actively trying to get picks. Anyone think there could be a late push in the trade period to get Bing this year?

I know all the talk is that King isn’t going anywhere until next year? But does anyone think that it might be a bit of smoke?

Surely the Suns have spoken to Ben and been told that he’s leaving at the end of his contract. Plus they already have too many players on their list (currently have 38 contracted plus bringing in Chol. So they need to drop at least four (teams have to draft three this year)

Saints are actively trying to get picks. Anyone think there could be a late push in the trade period to get Bing this year?

Possible, just heard about the Suns dilemma, need to offload 4 contractd player to bring in the minium 3 plus Chol. Unlikely King would be one.

I do not think we are way off at all.

This club just lacks the players in the Middle, Steele is elite but he needs Clark to step up, Coffield could become a mid. Byrnes, Connelly and Bytel to develop

We can match any side with our spine and Forwards and Defenders but just lack the mids.

Trade Radio has a lot of time to fill so they speculate and pose hypotheticals and sow seeds that keep people interested.

Owens could be on some clubs top 20 but just as likely they say that to questions posed by the reporter trying to extract some kind of topical news story to discuss on his daily slot.

1. Every clubs top 20 will be different when combined they probably cover 30 - 35 odd players. I suspect that the 15th guy on our list would stll be available at 20 on draft night because other clubs will select players we didn't rate earlier. So maths says even if you had Owens rated 17th on your list the guy you had at 16th is likely still available at 20.

2. I suspect clubs are happy to speculate on Owens going early just to disrupt our planning even if they have no intention of drafting him. (Dodo anyone)

3. If he is selected early it will be a big reach and we may not have matched anyway

As a prospect he projects a lot like Caleb Poulter did last year and he got a lot of hype pre draft because he was a 190cm odd mid then went at 30 odd.

Tank the combine and we are all good

Usually love it, but not really interested this season, maybe tune in if something happens over the next couple of weeks. I am sure I'll get the relevant info from somebody posting on here.

By Friday they'll be working their way through complicated 5 way deals that will never happen.
Then they will need to make up bullshit for most of the following week when no trades are done.

Not openly, but the industry knows what happened last contract, the AFL stepped in for him and Lukicous and gave them 150k per year extra on top. Lethlean said on SEN he told the family the offer was to good to let go.

Now I find it interesting that the family were in contact with Lethlean unless of course they were about to tell GC Kings two years were all they weregetting from him.
The industry knows these simple truths.
1) Ben has an identical twin whom he is extremely cloes to and who plays for the Saints
2) The King family are avid Saints fans
3) That the Saints have been selling Ben the dream of playing in a Saints flag with his twin.
4) Fold Coast are a money pit rabble that should taken out the back and get a bullet behind the ear.

Not actively telling everyone but telegraphed that we needed to use FRDP's last and this year so we can use two for trading purposes in 2022.

Really not diffucult to put together.

in my case it was openly told. in caro's case it appears it also was the case.

i get if industry was assuming it to just happen. but this is people at the club stating they "should be able to get Ben King".

that is why there is so much talk about Ben King because we are pretty damn open in our belief we should be able to get him.

Cheer up buddy. Time to get a new headband preseason.

I have faith in our current management , they have transformed the squad and we know have a team with huge upside.
Also this trade period they don't have a very good hand , but like the last couple of years they aggressively went into the draft getting the best players they could get with limited resources.
Same apply's this year but they do some wheel and dealing to improve the list once again.
Who knows what happens and who gets traded but at this stage Ross looks like he is looking else where and hopefully we get something good for him from the AFL , could Ben King announce he wants to head home if he is asked the question by Gold Coast - it could well happen because management would not want to be dealing with Lukus , Rankine and King all wanting out at the same time.
I would imagine this years first and next years would do it.
Who's to say what other players are being looked at to be traded - with Lethlean at the helm one thing for certain he will get us the best possible chance of winning our 2nd flag.
As I said before there are only 3 players I think are untouchable in our team and that is Steele , Marshall and Max King - everyone else for the right price and deal would be looked at.
You can see this by giving stalwarts of the club Dunstan , Billings and Ross the deals they didn't expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back