Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Its pretty tight between the bottom 6 sides , I dont think there is actually much difference there .
We are an 'easy' tip for bottom because we are the youngest which is fine, because whoever tips you to finish wherever counts for nothing.

Its begun already people reading into pre season form , this team has improved , this team look terrible.
Every season its the same . By round 5-6 we will actually have a better idea .

Can almost garauntee a pre season form team finishes bottom 6 and a pre season stragler pushes top 6 . Happens almost every season

Honestly couldn’t care less where we finish this year as long as we are competitive and can see green shoots. I’m confident we are heading in the right direction regardless of the ladder. Although we didnt win a heap of games under Mitchell last year, the season was 10x more exciting than the last few Clarkson seasons. Worsr case we finish bottom and nab Harley reid, best case we improve on last year and get some wins on the board. Either way I see us as an a finals chance in 2024 and really push in the years that follow.

Hard work is infectious, one thing is clear we seem to be building a real strong culture again but spread across the whole club. We can only do that because of how well we have drafted across the last 3 years…with some luck.

Can’t wait till the real biff comes, reckon they are real fired up for the proper action.

If we are known as the unsociable hawks again by the end of the year I’ll be pretty happy.

Opponent: Collingwood
Points for: 1473 (12th)
Points against: 1502 (9th)
CBAs: 31 - Jai Newcombe 24, Cam Mackenzie 19, Ned Reeves 19, James Worpel 18, Will Day 16, Lloyd Meek 12, Josh Ward 9, Connor Macdonald 4, Conor Nash 3
Kick-ins (play on): Lachlan Bramble 6 (3), James Sicily 5 (4), Blake Hardwick 4 (3), Jarman Impey 1 (1)

CBAs: 31 - Jai Newcombe 24, Cam Mackenzie 19, Ned Reeves 19, James Worpel 18, Will Day 16, Lloyd Meek 12, Josh Ward 9, Connor Macdonald 4, Conor Nash 3
Kick-ins (play on): Lachlan Bramble 6 (3), James Sicily 5 (4), Blake Hardwick 4 (3), Jarman Impey 1 (1)
Where did you find this?

Well, there’s a couple takeaways there. Mackenzie is certainty to debut next week. And Worps had a day out. Looks like there could be a role for Bramble too.

How long have we been waiting for the re-turf at Waverley? Perhaps we should have got the guys re-turfing the MCG in under a week to have done ours :think:

MCG groundsman has loads and loads of turf growing in huge trays.

I bet they are using those. Not putting down lawn seeds and waiting for greenshoots to come through.

They would have planned for this eventuality prior to the Ed Sheeran concert.

I bet they are using those. Not putting down lawn seeds and waiting for greenshoots to come through.

Pretty sure they use StrathAyr, the pride of the GV.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And the promoters would be paying for it.

Honestly couldn’t care less where we finish this year as long as we are competitive and can see green shoots. I’m confident we are heading in the right direction regardless of the ladder. Although we didnt win a heap of games under Mitchell last year, the season was 10x more exciting than the last few Clarkson seasons. Worsr case we finish bottom and nab Harley reid, best case we improve on last year and get some wins on the board. Either way I see us as an a finals chance in 2024 and really push in the years that follow.

I'm hoping for a bit more than just "green shoots". I'm looking for guys like Newk, Day, Ward, et al, to begin to show consistency, leadership and good skills under pressure.

Yep, it's later than they think

That's such a great way of thinking and quote out of the club. Think the players should be aiming for finals every year, it may not be do-able, but we've seen progression of teams very quickly recently and there's no reason we can't do that too. We matched it with a lot of good teams last year.

pattymalone00 we expect a full training report.

No pressure.

This is not an accurate representation of our community, we have expectations here and they should be fulfilled at all costs.

Watching You Tv Show GIF by The Bold Type

(hehe Strapping Young Lad making me venture out of the dingley forums 😂) Some of the observations from the session I found was Fergus Greene definitely looks good and had a lovely assist to Wingard that resulted in the first goal in the match sim, Seems unfair but also indication they will be our two main rucks that Meek and Reeves were in the same team but also had Mackenzie and Newk lining up on eachother on oppisite teams, also in the practice after the match sim Kosi seemed to be missing lots of easy marks with no players on him...

The rehab group appeared to be Srimmers, Lewis, Morris (although he took part in non contact ball movement drills) and O'Hara

Also was a person wearing fitness uniform who looked a lot like Sam Mitchell who has a nice sequence of run and dash during the match sim 😂😂

2D9450BC-578A-4D33-A146-EA30AEC09848.jpeg
And another little upclose tid bit was cant get over the build of Lloyd Meek 0C49DD6E-4707-4EF6-9D5E-37A0F736A725.jpeg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back