Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

It (age) wasn’t unusual before expansion though. It seems players are being retained on lists longer now. The low games played is unusual though

Before expansion as in the 70's?

Outside of the expansion clubs themselves, there have been 7 afl/vfl squads with an average age of less than 23 years in the past 45 years

That includes Fitzroy in their last year, and Port in the first year.

If Bramble does anything well it's move, he's a great runner - provides a lot of overlap. We're clearly looking for that sort of player in how we want to move the ball, and we already have pretty strong representation in other ways down back.

To me he's unreliable by foot and needs some work defensively but it's pretty clear the coaches are putting a premium on what he's good at.
Bramble was better than average by foot in 2020 when he was fit and one of the better players when we were getting beaten badly. I saw him as a link man similar to a steel sidebottom role. He has smarts and vision. I reckon there will be a few eating their words on Bramble

Bramble was better than average by foot in 2020 when he was fit and one of the better players when we were getting beaten badly. I saw him as a link man similar to a steel sidebottom role. He has smarts and vision. I reckon there will be a few eating their words on Bramble
Completely agree withhis ball use but that was when he was playing on a wing. That position suited him much better than HB and find he's under more immediate pressure at HB than he did on the wing which seems to hurt him a little.

Damn guess I have been extremely staunch with Scrimshaw and overlooking a lot of things being said about him basically all off-season hence why the coaches get paid the big bucks and I don't. Appears better decision making on when to defend and when to get involved in the play is the forefront of the issue. I must admit this is one of the times I will have to bite the bullet and admit I was wrong, I am confident he will work it out though. Furthermore will be interesting to see what the line up is v Collingwood. As much as I can see some similarities between Bramble and Kade Simpson, one of the things Bramble will need to work on is some of those dingy kicks he can occasionally do ( which alot of our player need to get out of their system tbh )

You’re a better person than most to admit this. I was pretty amazed how a number of people jumped on top of a few of us who have been critical of Scrim and predicting him not to be best 22 since the first scratch match.

I think it’s quite clear what he need to improve to be back in the 1sts. He has SO much talent, but is not deploying it in ways that align with our game plan. I hope he can get there, as he would make us a better team if he can.

How far off is Serong from returning from injury?
Interview from Burge during the week said he would be available this weekend. Hopefully sees some minutes in the VFL game (is there one after the main game?)

Before expansion as in the 70's?

Outside of the expansion clubs themselves, there have been 7 afl/vfl squads with an average age of less than 23 years in the past 45 years

That includes Fitzroy in their last year, and Port in the first year.

Half the teams in 2009 for example

Interesting to note and it comes as no surprise to me but might deflate a few about their opinions on Morrison. He is going to play every game if fit. He is a consistent and mature performer on that wing. Knows the game plan and provides on field leadership especially at stoppages organising our midfield.
I know the cats game last week was an anomaly but if Harry was out there he would have showed his worth. Dependable. Clean with possession. Wins it enough. I get the young leader label. In a super young side he provides stability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not wrong there either. Generally coaches that embark on a rebuild get sacked before the teams come good.
Pretty sure i misunderstood his point behind it, but still think it's quite an eh remark if it was how i took it.

There’s no guarantees of anything in footy. He’s just complimenting Sam for playing the long game and being willing to cop a few years of pain when there are no guarantees he’ll get the pay off.
Sounds worse than that, however would've just misunderstood what he had meant.

The forwards. what everyone expected.
Expecting a big year from Chad tbh. If we can get 3+ goals from Breust, Moorey and Chad in a fair few games it'll hold us in good stead.

Can this thread now officially close?
We've finished preseason and are now getting ready for Rd 1.
You think they just sit on the couch for 2 weeks?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back