Training 2022 - 2023 Off-Season and Pre-Season training Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I mean in life yeah, but I definitely intended to come on to your board today :tearsofjoy:

Cheers.

Any info on Cooper Stephens would be most welcome.

Unfortunately we cannot reciprocate - the guys you got from us most recently, a certain Mr Smith, is well known by all - 4 premierships and a Norm Smith to boot. Plus Jon Ceglar who is also a known quantity.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to it. No matter where we are on the ladder, it's always a good contest. Sam Mitchell being your coach now, gives me no reason to think that will change one bit - despite our respective disparities in club rebuild status (see last season Round 4 as a perfect example of this).

will be a good hit out. dying for some footy, any footy.

full strength cats?

Still a better sport than Rugby.

Except it’s not a sport at all - that’s like saying opera is a better sport than rugby. Both might be subjectively more entertaining - yes, I’d wager that eating a telephone book would be more fun than watching a game of rugby union. However - pro wrestling is as much a sport as any other scripted entertainment is - i.e. not one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except it’s not a sport at all - that’s like saying opera is a better sport than rugby. Both might be subjectively more entertaining - yes, I’d wager that eating a telephone book would be more fun than watching a game of rugby union. However - pro wrestling is as much a sport as any other scripted entertainment is - i.e. not one.
If you wanted to do some mental gymnastics (also a better sport than rugby), you could say differing American Wrestling broadcasters and showrunners are a "team" with the goal of out-competing other providers of wrestling for views and money. Of course, this opens the door for any sort of industry which has competition, which is every industry, to be called a sport. Acting, Barkeeping, Street-Sweeping. The culmination of this line of thinking is semi-professional tax auditing as a sport, which if broadcast would still be more interesting than a game of rugby.

Wouldn't stress too much, it seems to be a pretty common theme among the more successful clubs. Ours is just as bad, and we constantly crack it over the lack of info too. The only difference is, we at least have the Geelong Advertiser that gives us inside goss before the club releases it, so we have some idea of what's happening.

The amount of times that AFL.com.au has released an injury update, internal news or something related to our club before we have, is a ridiculous number, lol. We've just gotten used to it, as they seem to be improving in certain areas like social media and training photos - but we're still well behind some other clubs too.
You have SEN as well which covers Geelong a lot

Except it’s not a sport at all - that’s like saying opera is a better sport than rugby. Both might be subjectively more entertaining - yes, I’d wager that eating a telephone book would be more fun than watching a game of rugby union.
Better than eating clocks, that's time consuming.

Last edited:
BigFooty Hawk posters are writing a lot of rightfully unhappy comments about the absence of content that we are receiving from the HFC media team.

Why Should We Be Unhappy With This Lack of Content?

The business of the AFL comes down to ONE thing… and it not premierships… it is Entertainment.

Very few of the people employed at the HFC would be there if the entertainment dollar was not behind it.

There is no mistaking this: the AFL and the HFC are in the entertainment business.

If premierships mattered to us : the Australian Women’s Cricket Team is possibly the greatest team (compared to their peers) that has ever existed. They are possibly the most skilled, powerful, and professional team compared to their peers than any other team in history. Yet they get small crowds and only love from watchers from afar (me being one).

Instead: we are historically and PERSONALLY VESTED into the HFC and we want to know, and see, what we should care about.

The HFC story is currently about to embark on the greatest of all stories… my preferred story …the coming from a low point to eventually become the best.

But the beginning of this story is not being told by the club due to the lack of HFC media input. There are so many stories that could be told. Vision of stuff. So many opportunities for vision*
If the HFC lacks resources then use the volunteer track watchers (and others) to provide content. If the coachers want a blackout on the game strategy …then that is ridiculous in a non-premiership chance season…

Doing nothing in the media space is as good as forgetting about the origin story that is being created and pushing aside the core supports that would love to help push the story. If they want a lacklustre interest in the Hawks, They Are Doing a Good Job.

The Media Team needs to understand why they exist.… and do better.

Last edited:
Cheers.

Any info on Cooper Stephens would be most welcome.

Unfortunately we cannot reciprocate - the guys you got from us most recently, a certain Mr Smith, is well known by all - 4 premierships and a Norm Smith to boot. Plus Jon Ceglar who is also a known quantity.
Look at the Cooper Stephens thread . Quite a few Geelong supporters gave really good detailed opinions and thoughts on him .

Hey guys, just popping in to give you a heads up as I don't see it anywhere on the thread yet, that we'll be having a scratch match on the 23rd or 24th Feb, with format to still be decided.

Will be good to see a lot of new faces from both clubs!

"Hawthorn and Geelong are planning to meet for a hitout at GMHBA Stadium, although the format of the scratch match hasn't been finalised just yet, like a lot of these games."
Thanks for the info , much appreciated .

Surely a scratch match will heavily favour the cats though ? 🙂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back