Preview 2022 draft prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Cadman’s game was super impressive in my opinion.

I know we don’t agree on him, but I really think North will be considering taking him at Pick 1. He would fill a real area of need for them.

I’d also be scared as hell taking a junior like Wardlaw so highly with such a significant soft tissue injury history.

Jefferson is still a mid teens pick IMO. He is a low possession goal kicker.

Based on Clarko's previous setups....he likes forwards...I think you could be spot on with North taking Cadman.

Harry Sheezel like a lot of Ajax boys seems to wilt a bit when his body is under some sort of physical pressure.
I would very much avoid with a top 5 pick

Jhye Clark is another one I would be very suspect in using a top 10 pick on. I know many will disagree but I think his upside is much less than others around that mark

Last edited:
Other than Ashcroft, the mid that I like in this draft is Cam McKenzie. So poised in traffic. Better skills than Ashcroft. Had the highest S'coach points score in the Sandy Dragons premiership win on fewer possessions. Again, unfortunately he won't get through to our pick.

And how Jefferson got listed as BOG with 2 goals, one of which was a goal out the back when everyone else stopped given a free kick had been awarded to Charlie Clarke, is staggering.

Other than Ashcroft, the mid that I like in this draft is Cam McKenzie. So poised in traffic. Better skills than Ashcroft. Had the highest S'coach points score in the Sandy Dragons premiership win on fewer possessions. Again, unfortunately he won't get through to our pick.

And how Jefferson got listed as BOG with 2 goals, one of which was a goal out the back when everyone else stopped given a free kick had been awarded to Charlie Clarke, is staggering.
Not to mention one of the worst shanks I've ever seen!

I'm with you on Jefferson, has some tricks but he ain't going top 15, and yes, as I've been saying for a while now, his kicking has a touch of Cloke about them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cal Twomey just said on the live stream of the U17 game that Jefferson was touch and go to even play on thursday because he had a leg fracture

Yeah but honestly he didn’t play that differently to the rest of the season.

He’s a first round selection but I’m still wary about us taking him. I don’t like forwards who struggle to be involved apart from goals.

Sure he could be Josh Kennedy. But he could also be a bloke who never plays a game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back