List Mgmt. 2024 Father Son watch MKIII. Operation Ashcroft jnr. Featuring various academy boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Reading the snippet about young Brain......I am conjuring up images of Tim Notting.

Garry Lyon talking to Cal Twomey today on SEN told the story of an x AFL player who regularly goes to a gym and spotted this young guy in there 3-4 days a week doing weights and was so impressed with his physique and work ethic, went up to him and had a chat and found out it was Will Ashcroft.

Twomey said Ashcroft is a gun and really is setting an example for all draftees when it comes being meticulous with preparation, has kept a diary re his footy since he was 13, right up there with Nick Daicos, Sam Walsh and Hugh McCluggage, Lions in a great position to take him.
Also mentioned that we offer the best chance to play with Levi.

Do you know if it will be open to the public briz? I might stroll down and have a look.
Ring the club and ask.

I would guess so, as the RMC guys are coming up from Melbourne for the U16 and U18 games this weekend.

Lots of recruiters, list managers and player agents up here as well.

Ring the club and ask.

I would guess so, as the RMC guys are coming up from Melbourne for the U16 and U18 games this weekend.

Lots of recruiters, list managers and player agents up here as well.
Yep, Steve Conole was up watching the VFL game today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marc Murphy coaching Will Ashcroft. Yuck!

Ugh, bad omen alert.

Saw that. Showed Murphy talking to him just before the start of the 3rd qtr. My heart skipped a beat.

Wil: So Marc ... any thoughts on the whole F/S nomination thing based on your experience?

Marc: Worst decision of my life - I mean sure the Lions sucked in 2005 (and how the hell would I have known that in 2004!) but did you see what a soul sucking experience the absolute entirety of my career stuck with those morons at Lygon St has been ... and if you think that's bad just try to imagine taking out the MCG, taking out the huge fan base, taking out the loyalty and support of the fans and taking out the positive expectations that one day we will come good again and replacing it with their equivalents at Nor ... Nor ... the Kangaroos.

Wil: So not a good move professionally then?

Marc: You go to Nor ... Nor ... those blue and white idiots and you will be stuck there forever. After two years or three (you know they are going to want to lock you in and if you don't you will be seen as disloyal from day one right?) your heart will either be broken along with your skills and dreams or turned into cynical ice as you blocked off everyone and everything around you just to keep your skills sharp and your professionalism strong - effectively you would lose either your skills or your soul. You go to Brisbane (where I suspect you will fit in fantastically btw) and you will spend the first two (or three ... they will want you to extend as well but they won't be quite as bitchy about it 'cause they aren't quite as scarred as Nor ... Nor ... those other guys) honing your craft in a professional and successful environment where you will be valued as a part of the team not expected to be the messiah for decades of pathetic and utter mediocrity (and believe me when a Carlton man discusses pathos and being average they know of which they speak) and get to learn from the likes of Neale and Fagan. You still want to move after that then you will be worth a lot and will be able to pretty much take your pick of clubs and if you make sure your mates ('cause in Brisbane you will actually have legit mates) are well compensated they won't love it but they won't hate you for it either.

Wil: So should I announce now then?

Marc: Hell no - that would be a total waste of journalistic opportunity! We have months of clickbait and conjecture to go yet and as long as you come across as the noble scion of the club legend focussed on your pre-draft playing and training it will be great publicity for you and the Lions and hell as an added bonus you can add to the pain through the false hope of those losers down at Nor ... Nor ... Norf.

Bombers win today takes them further away from a potential attempt to lure Ashcroft.... looking more and more like it's the Eagles, Kangaroos or Lions for young Will.

A Hawks win over GWS tomorrow would be helpful too.

Ashcroft has three choices now:

The steaming pile of s**t that LDU and Horne Francis want to leave called Norf
Head across the Nullarbor to Weagles
Lions

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

GWS aren’t an issue. If he’s moving it’s Brisbane.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

More so Hawks finishing bottom 3 would be the issue is what he was implying.

So are we rooting for a beginning of draft PP for North?

West Coast fans will probably want Hewett in the draft.

North probably end up trading JHF to Adelaide, so end up with Adelaide’s first round pick as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back