Injury 2022 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We've been banging on about poor player management all season, but the Fantasia situation deserves so much more heat than what the club has copped so far this season.

This is a perennially injured player, who has skipped training for many, many months, has a few good weeks on the track and then out of nowhere the coaching staff risked him as a sub in Tassie. 1 week later, he can't even get through training to finally get an SANFL game under his belt.

If that doesn't scream poorly conditioned, poorly managed, I don't know what does.

Last edited:

We've been banging on about poor player management all season, but the Fantasia situation deserves so much more heat than what the club has copped so far this season.

This is a perennially injured player, who has skipped training for many, many months, has a few good weeks on the track and then out of nowhere the coaching staff risked him as a sub in Tassie. 1 week later, he can't even get through training to finally get an AFL game under his belt.

If that doesn't scream poorly conditioned, poorly managed, I don't know what does.
I said it last week it's cowboy stuff.

This is a perennially injured player, who has skipped training for many, many months, has a few good weeks on the track and then out of nowhere the coaching staff risked him as a sub in Tassie. 1 week later, he can't even get through training to finally get an AFL game under his belt.

Anyone and everyone to be thrown under the bus, if there's the slightest chance it will save Hinkley's arse. I don't know why the players can't see this and still cover him at all.

He was perennially injured at Essendon.

Maybe he has a body that just can't handle the stresses of AFL football.

Have a year off and he probably becomes a dominate SANFL player who plays each week.

He was perennially injured at Essendon.

Maybe he has a body that just can't handle the stresses of AFL football.

Have a year off and he probably becomes a dominate SANFL player who plays each week.
No doubt. I guess there's a couple things here though, how many mis-handled, late surgeries, generally unfit and injured players have we seen this year. This feels like our poorest year for management in a long time. Rushing players and re-injuring also a feature. If there was ever a player you were not going to rush, and you were going to put a heck of a lot extra into, then it'd surely be Fantasia. I'd want him doing 4-5 weeks of full intensity heavy training before he came in after the time he has had out. So to see us rush him back, then him tweak it a week later is a huge sign that he was definitely rushed back for that North game and we're lucky we didn't play him.

Anyone and everyone to be thrown under the bus, if there's the slightest chance it will save Hinkley's arse. I don't know why the players can't see this and still cover him at all.
This is because the club has made a feel good place to be where mate ship, fun and happiness is more important than be professional and winning footy games.

Every one at the club atm are way to comfortable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Orazio, he pulled up a little bit sore from training throughout the week (so was not selected as planned for the AFL game against Geelong)," Cornes explained of Fantasia's surprising absence from the AFL 23 at the weekend. "It is nothing to do with his previous injury. I would anticipate he will need to go back to play some time in the SANFL now. I am not sure we would be able to pick him confidently by the amount of time he has missed now.
"He is running today, moving well, so there is nothing serious. He just didn't pull up the way he needed to be able to play an AFL game. But nothing serious.

Yeah right Chad, sounds like Fantasia cannot train without pulling up sore. He needs a stint in the SANFL to get himself right. He has not played a game since last September so I am not sure why he was even considered for last Saturday's game.

I think Orazio is very very soft. Wont play through any type of pain or niggle. Absolute bust of a recruit to date. Hopefully he comes good, but I do not see it.
Have also heard that if he isnt 99.98% or higher he doesnt like playing or training

Hope this can change over time with confidence

Have also heard that if he isnt 99.98% or higher he doesnt like playing or training

Hope this can change over time with Clarkson
ftfy :p

Hope this can change over time with confidence

Not really a surprise. You don't end up with 0 muscle definition through hard work in the gym or on the track.

Not really a surprise. You don't end up with 0 muscle definition through hard work in the gym or on the track.

Maybe%2BI%2Bshould%2Bhave%2Btrained%2Bfor%2Bthis%2Bcontest.jpg

Injury list
Riley Bonner – ankle (assess)
Orazio Fantasia – quad (assess)
Scott Lycett – shoulder (7-8 weeks)
Trent McKenzie – knee (2 weeks)
Jake Pasini – knee (season)
Josh Sinn – groin (8-10 weeks)
Sam Skinner – concussion (1-2 weeks)

Injury list
Riley Bonner – ankle (assess)
Orazio Fantasia – quad (assess)
Scott Lycett – shoulder (7-8 weeks)
Trent McKenzie – knee (2 weeks)
Jake Pasini – knee (season)
Sam Skinner – concussion (1-2 weeks)
That is one serious groin injury. Was it a groin that kept him out of footy in his draft year?

I think Orazio is very very soft. Wont play through any type of pain or niggle. Absolute bust of a recruit to date. Hopefully he comes good, but I do not see it.
I have zero basis for this, but I just have this gut feeling that the concept of playing SANFL all the way out at Loxton was of zero interest to him.

That is one serious groin injury. Was it a groin that kept him out of footy in his draft year?
Bone stress in his pelvis is a very strange injury. At least the club has finally released some info on whatever is happening there. His season is basically over with 8-10 though. Might get 2-3 SANFL games at best for the rest of the year based on those figures.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back