2nds 2022 Lions Reserves and VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please no, that place is a s**t hole.
I don’t think it is at all.
Burpengary itself as a whole may be a s**t place??
But the ground is always in Tip Top Nik and it is basically the size of the MCG which is why they will be playing games there from what I understand.

But the ground is always in Tip Top Nik and it is basically the size of the MCG which is why they will be playing games there from what I understand.
The ground is okay, I'll give them that but the facilities are awful not up to VFL standard at all - Especially the away rooms

McIvor

Club Legend
May 21, 2020
Sunshine Beach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The ground is okay, I'll give them that but the facilities are awful not up to VFL standard at all - Especially the away rooms
They are no worse than Mt Barker in SA which the AFL deems good enough for an AFL match so work that one out.

We often go down to Burpengary but had assumed that since Springfield was built that all reserves games would be played there - seems bloody odd reasoning.

They are no worse than Mt Barker in SA which the AFL deems good enough for an AFL match so work that one out.

We often go down to Burpengary but had assumed that since Springfield was built that all reserves games would be played there - seems bloody odd reasoning.
...and the Mt Barker decision hasn't gone down well, either. I really hope that they just play all VFL games at Springfield.

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Correct from what I am hearing as well. I dont mind watching footy there either. Ground is always perfect even when wet and viewing from anywhere around the ground is easily accessible and parking is OK for the VFL...definitely better than Sandringham and a couple of others I've played &/or watched footy at in Melbourne that's for sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Mt Barker decision is a dumb, stupid crazy call by the AFL.

All you mob still on Mt Barker, take a spoonfull of cement. It is an AFL standard oval 30 minutes from Adelaide. Quite possibly the club prefers that to Alice Springs, or Ballarat. The players may be quite up about playing a country footy match, instead of 4th game in a row at Adelaide oval. Live with it.

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
All you mob still on Mt Barker, take a spoonfull of cement. It is an AFL standard oval 30 minutes from Adelaide. Quite possibly the club prefers that to Alice Springs, or Ballarat. The players may be quite up about playing a country footy match, instead of 4th game in a row at Adelaide oval. Live with it.
I have no doubt Mt Barker is preferable to Alice Springs and Ballarat but given our ranking we certainly warranted a game at AO.

I have no doubt Mt Barker is preferable to Alice Springs and Ballarat but given our ranking we certainly warranted a game at AO.

So? We play at AO every year. Something different. I bet the boys are not having a hissy fit, unlike some on here. it is what it is.

Purpose built ground . If it was not AFL standard, we would be playing somewhere else.

McIvor

Club Legend
May 21, 2020
Sunshine Beach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So? We play at AO every year. Something different. I bet the boys are not having a hissy fit, unlike some on here. it is what it is.

Purpose built ground . If it was not AFL standard, we would be playing somewhere else.
It isn't though. All AFL games should be played at all seater venues with a minimum of 20,000 seats befitting, I don't know, a professional league. Doubt you'd find any of the major sports in the US such as MLB, NFL, NBA, NHL or any of the premier soccer leagues throughout Europe playing at venues with a stand that holds a whole 270 people and max capacity of 5000. Its amatuer hour stuff and isn't fit to hold a VFL game let alone an AFL game. The game should have been at AO as T-Rick said.

That's pretty much self-defining then. If the AFL signed off on the Lions playing at Queenstown Oval, that makes it an AFL standard ground by that definition.

That's pretty much self-defining then. If the AFL signed off on the Lions playing at Queenstown Oval, that makes it an AFL standard ground by that definition.
A dose of reality, please. You are well aware of the standard required for an AFL sanctioned game.

A dose of reality, please. You are well aware of the standard required for an AFL sanctioned game.
Come on - you just made the circular argument that the AFL is fine to play at Mt Barker because the AFL said it is, as if that addresses people's complaints over playing at Mt Barker. The AFL makes plenty of decisions that are worth disagreement - what makes this one special that their decision making is beyond reproach?

Mr Ripper

Pink-cheeked and robust
Dec 21, 1999
Far North Fitzroy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC
So why won't we be playing all of our VFL home games at Springfield - doesn't compute?
Home of the Moreton Bay Lions so maybe the Club made some sort of agreement with them to promote the game in the region

No more AFL games will be played there now, so a few VFL games for the time being
The club may bring that back to zero games in the future
Suspect proximity to the airport may be a factor as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back