List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twomey has Phillipou in the 10 - 15 range currently doesn't he?
You think he goes that low?
If there's a realistic chance he can become a mid then I think he offers a significant point of difference.
If we beat the pear its possible we finish as high as 13th, so I think pick 5-7 is where it sits.
Ashcroft, Sheezel, Wardlaw, Tstatas, Phillipou, Mackenzie, Clark, Hewett would be my preference and I wonder if GWS take a KPP or stick to there usual BS of taking mids they have no room for.
I don't think he goes past Power.

I pretty staggered that bottoming out for minimum 3 years and not ending up with a top 5 pick invested in a mid.
Laird, Berry, Soligo, Schoenberg with the potential of Cook, Pedlar, Rachele, Phillipou rotating through there and still have Keays and Dawson as options.
Would be hoping one of the 2nd group would become elite.

I wonder what trade hand GWS will finish the trade period with?

Already holding pick 3 and 21, looking to trade Hopper, Taranto, Hill and Bruhn;

Could end up with 2 x Richmond firsts, 1 x Geelong first?

That would be 3, 11, 18, 21 - also a handful of seconds and thirds.

2023 first, Richmond 2023 first.

With that type of hand, they could be tempted to trade up to our pick, 1x high end quality vs 2 x mid end quality would be just the move they would make.

You think he goes that low?
If there's a realistic chance he can become a mid then I think he offers a significant point of difference.
If we beat the pear its possible we finish as high as 13th, so I think pick 5-7 is where it sits.
Ashcroft, Sheezel, Wardlaw, Tstatas, Phillipou, Mackenzie, Clark, Hewett would be my preference and I wonder if GWS take a KPP or stick to there usual BS of taking mids they have no room for.
I don't think he goes past Power.

I pretty staggered that bottoming out for minimum 3 years and not ending up with a top 5 pick invested in a mid.
Laird, Berry, Soligo, Schoenberg with the potential of Cook, Pedlar, Rachele, Phillipou rotating through there and still have Keays and Dawson as options.
Would be hoping one of the 2nd group would become elite.
There's a presumption that all clubs with early picks will go for a mid or mid/forward. West Coast may very well go for a KPD & it's anyone's guess what North will do. If we piss away our early pick as part of the Rankine deal(if it happens) then all our musings become irrelevant.

There's a presumption that all clubs with early picks will go for a mid or mid/forward. West Coast may very well go for a KPD & it's anyone's guess what North will do. If we piss away our early pick as part of the Rankine deal(if it happens) then all our musings become irrelevant.
What ever happened to the "hand on heart" ...."we always take best available"

Its actually not a presumption, history says only 1 person has selected a KPD inside the 1st 3 picks this millennium.
SOS has selected Plowman and Weitering.
WCE midfield is shot.

The original point of the conversation was that I hope we don't use our 1st on Rankine.

They both need to be upgraded to the senior list, having maxxed out their time on the rookie list.
OK

So something like this. May keep Borlase on as Cat B's otherwise delist.

Team ListRookiesDelistUpgradedRetire
JonesParnellFramptonButtsSeedsman
KeaysRowe
McAseyHimmelberg
MurphyBorlase Cat B
CrouchDavis
HatelyTurner
ThilthorpeNewchurch Cat B
Rachele
Sloane
Pedlar
Dawson
Walker
Soligo
Cook
Brown
Hamill
Taylor
Hinge
Berry
McAdam
Worell
McHenry
Schoenberg
Nankervis
Murray
Laird
Milera
Fogarty
Smith
McPherson
Sholl
Doedee
Butts
O'Brien
Gollant

Already holding pick 3 and 21, looking to trade Hopper, Taranto, Hill and Bruhn;

With that type of hand, they could be tempted to trade up to our pick, 1x high end quality vs 2 x mid end quality would be just the move they would make.
GWS have always been a willing trade partner with us prior to the Hately saga. I wonder if they end up with a hand like this if they would be interested in trading 11 and 18/21 for 7?

GWS have always been a willing trade partner with us prior to the Hately saga. I wonder if they end up with a hand like this if they would be interested in trading 11 and 18/21 for 7?
They may want a later 3/4 round pick also

The Blight Philosophy

Good in the 90's .....albeit, it failed more often than succeeded at GEEL

Different game now

1995 Carlton 21.15 141 d Geelong 11.14 80
1994 West Coast 20.23 143 d Geelong 8.15 63
1992 West Coast 16.17 113 d Geelong 12.13 85
1989 Hawthorn 21.18 144 d Geelong 21.12 138

"Blights" Goals philosophy won 100% of the time by the team that executed it better. You are right, it is a different game now, a demonstrably worse game imho. Until the administrators grow some and change the rules that need to be changed it will keep devolving as a spectacle (on average).

The point you make highlights it perfectly - it is the coaches that determine the spectacle, and the code administrators need to make bolder off field rule changes aimed at channeling them back to a goals philosophy. Rule changes to what happens on the field will continue to have little effect whilst the newer team defense shite philosophy is allowed to remain as the best way to keep a coaching role. imho.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS will be also well placed to trade someone in if all these players exit.

Whats the story on Sholl?

Listed as a may be moving in a Fox article.

Also Crows linked to Rotham last year. Wonder if the Crows are still sniffing around. Touted as a Hurn replacement but Hurn looks like going round again.

Cheers. :thumbsu:

Not sure, just seems like Sholl fell out of favour this year.

With Rotham, I can't see us being too interested this year, unless there is an increase to list sizes. We've put ourselves into a rather awkward position list wise.

Whats the story on Sholl?

Listed as a may be moving in a Fox article.

Also Crows linked to Rotham last year. Wonder if the Crows are still sniffing around. Touted as a Hurn replacement but Hurn looks like going round again.

Cheers. :thumbsu:
Didn’t even know we were linked to Rotham last year haha

What’s happened to him this year btw? Seems to have taken a few steps backwards after looking quite promising in ‘21?

Didn’t even know we were linked to Rotham last year haha

What’s happened to him this year btw? Seems to have taken a few steps backwards after looking quite promising in ‘21?

Yep that sums up his 2022. He wasnt alone.

And out of left field wehave started using him as a 2nd ruck and playing forward. Has an incredible leap, not big bodied at all but can jump. Still contracted for two years but with Hurn playing on and Cole coming back hopefully the backline is reasonably solid for next year. Especially if Yeo goes to half back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back