List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like rowe as a player. He has natural footy talent. As the side gets better he is the sort of player who will thrive imo. If he heads to a team like geelong or tge dogs with quality midfield, he might do quite well
It’s interesting because he’s clearly a natural footballer, but he’s got very clear physical deficiencies at AFL level that hold him back. Personally I think if we’re bringing Rankine in then he’s worth putting up for trade.

I like rowe as a player. He has natural footy talent. As the side gets better he is the sort of player who will thrive imo. If he heads to a team like geelong or tge dogs with quality midfield, he might do quite well
Our smalls all have deficiencies yet they give their all and have had patches of solid contribution at different times . Ned and Murphy have definitely improved this last 6 weeks .

As our team evolves and players like Taylor and Cook with Rankine * come in it will be good for the squad to have those 3 to fight it out for a spot .

Billy Frampton
Elliot Himmelberg
Mitch Hinge
James Rowe
Brett Turner
James Borlase
Tariek Newchurch
Ben Davis

So it's now 3 senior list players that aren't contracted. Fair to say none of them have trade value now given they all must be delisted anyway to use minimum draft picks. Even if Crouch goes, that's still 2 of 3 that must be delisted, value won't be increasing at all.

edit - forgot SANFL stalwart Turner is on senior list. What a joke.

Brown is cooked, but contracted. Hard to see another club being interested, so we're probably stuck with him.

I think Seedsman will be moved to the rookie list, thence to the inactive list, replaced via the PSSP or MSD. Agree that Sholl, Crouch and (apparently) Berg are all likely to be traded (though I'm struggling to think of a club which would have interest in Crouch).
We lost the centre clearances today 19-7.
There might well be Crouch rumblings for selection next week.

Wait for the epic melts on Thursday night if it happens.

Our smalls all have deficiencies yet they give their all and have had patches of solid contribution at different times . Ned and Murphy have definitely improved this last 6 weeks .

As our team evolves and players like Taylor and Cook with Rankine * come in it will be good for the squad to have those 3 to fight it out for a spot .
Prefer to stick with the development of Newchurch and trade Murphy who will have trade currency and if Rankine comes then trade or delist Rowe.

So it's now 3 senior list players that aren't contracted. Fair to say none of them have trade value now given they all must be delisted anyway to use minimum draft picks. Even if Crouch goes, that's still 2 of 3 that must be delisted, value won't be increasing at all.

edit - forgot SANFL stalwart Turner is on senior list. What a joke.

Nah, Turner (and all midseason draftees) are Cat A rookies.

Also, it’s highly likely that a current player on our senior list will be downgraded to the rookie list this offseason to make room for an incoming player or draft pick. Himmelberg and Rowe are the most likely candidates.

Assuming list sizes remain the same (which they might not), I think our senior list changes will be as follows:

Out:
Crouch (trade)
Sholl (trade)
Frampton (trade / delist)
Rowe (delist or send to rookie list)
Himmelberg (trade or send to rookie list)
** note: NEITHER of Rowe or Himmelberg will be on our senior list next year IMO, but I think ONE (not both) will be on our rookie list

In:
3x draft picks including Michalanney
Rankine
One more player acquired via trade

Cat A Rookie list changes will be as follows:

Out:
Davis (delisted)

In:
One of Himmelberg or Rowe (with the other one leaving the club)

Turner’s position on the rookie list will depend on whether we have someone in mind after the end of the National Draft who we prefer over Turner. If someone is there who we like enough, Turner gets dumped to make way. If no one is there, Brett sticks around.

Also, it’s highly likely that a current player on our senior list will be downgraded to the rookie list this offseason to make room for an incoming player or draft pick. Himmelberg and Rowe are the most likely candidates.

Assuming list sizes remain the same (which they might not), I think our senior list changes will be as follows:

Out:
Crouch (trade)
Sholl (trade)
** note: NEITHER of Rowe or Himmelberg will be on our senior list next year IMO, but I think ONE (not both) will be on our rookie list

In:
Rankine

Out:
Davis (delisted)

In:

Turner’s position on the rookie list will depend on whether we have someone in mind after the end of the National Draft who we prefer over Turner. If someone is there who we like enough, Turner gets dumped to make way. If no one is there, Brett sticks around.
Rather give Davis another year than keep Turner.

Seedsman could retire too with his concussion issue or be delisted and moved to the rookie list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree would be dominant in a good team. People forget he is considered elite for effective possessions suggesting a elite decision maker.

We lost the centre clearances today 19-7.
There might well be Crouch rumblings for selection next week.

Wait for the epic melts on Thursday night if it happens.
Doubt it, though could be from the media.

Berry changed the game forn us with the job he did in the 2nd half on LDU at CBAs.

Last edited:

Out:
Crouch (trade)
Sholl (trade)

In:
Rankine

Out:
Davis (delisted)

In:

I think we move Seedsman to the rookie list, so we can pay him and bring in someone as a DFA, similar to Gibbs.

We also need to move Butts and Strachan from Cat A to Main List.

Yeah I wasn't aware Berry had the job on LDU in second half but you'd have to say he did a decent job, the impact come off the match in a big way.

Did a great job. LDU only had 9-10 touches second half after 24-25 at half time

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Reeks of list management silencing talent ID.
When I suggested something similar along those lines I got howled down..

All I got was Hamish Hamish Hamish by the usual suspects.

You must be be very special because they haven't teed off on you for suggesting very similar.

I've got no doubt Turner's stellar Glenelg game against us early in the season was a factor in us selecting him and I'd be very surprised if Hamish or Justin who are both Victorian based would have been in attendance.

What will be most interesting will be whether he's offered a rookie spot for 2023.

When I suggested something similar along those lines I got howled down..

All I got was Hamish Hamish Hamish by the usual suspects.

You must be be very special because they haven't teed off on you for suggesting very similar.

I've got no doubt Turner's stellar Glenelg game against us early in the season was a factor in us selecting him and I'd be very surprised if Hamish or Justin who are both Victorian based would have been in attendance.

What will be most interesting will be whether he's offered a rookie spot for 2023.
You said Nicks influenced us selecting him and that Ogilvie shouldn’t be held responsible because he wouldn’t have seen him much.

That is just bullshit.

As for 1970crow post, he’s not always right but he has a bit more credibility than you when it comes to assessing Hamish’s drafting

That does worry me a little bit, sounds like the club feels like they’ve done their stint at the pointy end of the draft and wants to push up the ladder next year. From a list management perspective that shouldn’t be our goal, if they young group improves and that’s what gets us there next year fantastic, but we should be willing to cop another year out of finals and a high draft pick.

Happy to spend first rounders bringing in Rankine and JHF types, but if the club is looking at someone like Dunkley that would be a mistake IMO.

Doubt Dunkley - I think the three people we are targeting is pretty clear Rankine, Cox and JHF.
I reckon JHF is a genuine chance to be traded this year to SA.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You said Nicks influenced us selecting him and that Ogilvie shouldn’t be held responsible because he wouldn’t have seen him much.

That is just bullshit.

As for 1970crow post, he’s not always right but he has a bit more credibility than you when it comes to assessing Hamish’s drafting
More likely Godden and the SANFL assistants than Nick's.

When you gonna Tee off on your mate 1970 for having the temerity to suggest that someone other than Hamish likely had some influence in the selection.

C'mon fair's fair...

If Seeds and the club decide he needs to call it quits can we still pay his contract out and not have it count towards salary cap?
Probably not..

But the AFL really should step in and say..

“sorry Paul, we’ve undertaken a WHS risk assessment and the risk of you playing on is far too great.. so here’s a payout of your remaining contract and we will look to re-train and re-employ you elsewhere within the organistion where the risk of concussion injury is far less.. and Adelaide, we’ll strike Pauls remaining contract off your Salary Cap”..

Thats what a professional orgainisation would do.. one that actually cares about its staff and has high WHS standards.

But as we have all seen, especially this week with the Cripps decision, the AFL has a very long way to go before it can be classed as a professional organisation. Its standards are little better than those of a cottage industry..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back