List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubt Dunkley - I think the three people we are targeting is pretty clear Rankine, Cox and JHF.
I reckon JHF is a genuine chance to be traded this year to SA.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
All contracted so that won't be an easy assignment for any of them.

Don't think Cox would be a smart move personally.

Edit: my bad Rankine is not contracted.

Doubt Dunkley - I think the three people we are targeting is pretty clear Rankine, Cox and JHF.
I reckon JHF is a genuine chance to be traded this year to SA.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I reacon there is * all chance of JHF being traded but..

If JHF is to be traded to SA this year it will be on Norths terms and norths terms only.

The kid will have no say at all which club he gets traded to.

So north will pick the team that gives them the best return.

Port will have a better hand than we will given we will be using our first on Rankine.

More likely Godden and the SANFL assistants than Nick's.

When you gonna Tee off on your mate 1970 for having the temerity to suggest that someone other than Hamish likely had some influence in the selection.

C'mon fair's fair...
I explained it, if he showed a total inability to be balanced when it came to Hamish then I would, I don’t agree with what he posted. Find me one post where you’ve been critical of Hamish and I’ll show you the same courtesy. Hell you bag McAsey and can’t even bring yourself to criticise Hamish for the selection.

Hell I don’t think I could find one post of yours where you have been critical of the club, you just lurk disagreeing and laughing at any criticism.

All contracted so that won't be an easy assignment for any of them.

Don't think Cox would be a smart move personally.

Edit: my bad Rankine is not contracted.
I don't see Cox as a need personally, the KPD options are decent with Butts, Murray, Worrell and Doedee down there.

Also, it’s highly likely that a current player on our senior list will be downgraded to the rookie list this offseason to make room for an incoming player or draft pick. Himmelberg and Rowe are the most likely candidates.
Seedsman

On SM-T510 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Probably not..

But the AFL really should step in and say..

“sorry Paul, we’ve undertaken a WHS risk assessment and the risk of you playing on is far too great.. so here’s a payout of your remaining contract and we will look to re-train and re-employ you elsewhere within the organistion where the risk of concussion injury is far less.. and Adelaide, we’ll strike Pauls remaining contract off your Salary Cap”..

Thats what a professional orgainisation would do.. one that actually cares about its staff and has high WHS standards.

But as we have all seen, especially this week with the Cripps decision, the AFL has a very long way to go before it can be classed as a professional organisation. Its standards are little better than those of a cottage industry..
Ahh Idealism is a wonderful thing. Like the sentiment here. Good thinking...

It did make me think though.
Do we have any industrial relations lawyers on this thread? in what way does/should workcover (or interstate equivalent) be involved in workplace accidents and injuries? I'd have thought that any workplace injury, regardless of the likelihood, falls within our workplace laws somewhere.

Anyone have any expertise or "proper" knowledge in this area?

Just don't understand how Crows are going to achieve anything like the press are suggesting we are trying to achieve unless all clubs player list are extended.
Just to get Rankine that looks more likely than unlikely now is going to need a first round and if offering a late first round will need a sweetener.
Whilst all love to see actual small fwd class in team ,I personally think a quality mid is more a long term need than a flashy fwd .
So that basically rules out getting JHF this year as contracted and therefore just wouldn't have picks to offer .
Then we have the Brennan Cox dream ,whilst I more than most think a KPD is a massive need ,again contracted and high picks required.
Of course in minds off fellow posters we could get good draft picks for Crouch , Sholl ,Frampton and Himmelberg and even some want to trade Doedee .
Well the picks we get if we get offers will relate to very little .
The talk of trading Doedee and trading or delisting Frampton, where are KPD is held together by Butts a 22 yrs old who struggled a bit in 2nd year from rookie draft and Murray who is a battler at the best coming from mid season draft 2-3 years ago seems strange unless there is a cheap experienced FPD available .
It is to be noted also we do not currently have a 3rd round pick.
Also still wondering who club going to delist or maybe get peanuts for as obvious delist in Davis keeps getting Medical sub and Rowe selected this week.
Seedsman .Sloane and Brown all have contracts along with Hamill if can't get over concussion problems.

I reacon there is * all chance of JHF being traded but..

If JHF is to be traded to SA this year it will be on Norths terms and norths terms only.

The kid will have no say at all which club he gets traded to.

So north will pick the team that gives them the best return.

Port will have a better hand than we will given we will be using our first on Rankine.
The kid can't even decide for himself when his n*** have frozen off.

Just don't understand how Crows are going to achieve anything like the press are suggesting we are trying to achieve unless all clubs player list are extended.
Just to get Rankine that looks more likely than unlikely now is going to need a first round and if offering a late first round will need a sweetener.
Whilst all love to see actual small fwd class in team ,I personally think a quality mid is more a long term need than a flashy fwd .
So that basically rules out getting JHF this year as contracted and therefore just wouldn't have picks to offer .
Then we have the Brennan Cox dream ,whilst I more than most think a KPD is a massive need ,again contracted and high picks required.
Of course in minds off fellow posters we could get good draft picks for Crouch , Sholl ,Frampton and Himmelberg and even some want to trade Doedee .
Well the picks we get if we get offers will relate to very little .
The talk of trading Doedee and trading or delisting Frampton, where are KPD is held together by Butts a 22 yrs old who struggled a bit in 2nd year from rookie draft and Murray who is a battler at the best coming from mid season draft 2-3 years ago seems strange unless there is a cheap experienced FPD available .
It is to be noted also we do not currently have a 3rd round pick.
Also still wondering who club going to delist or maybe get peanuts for as obvious delist in Davis keeps getting Medical sub and Rowe selected this week.
Seedsman .Sloane and Brown all have contracts along with Hamill if can't get over concussion problems.
Does anyone think any of the current rumblings is just positioning for a serious tilt in the future when the playing field is more our way?

People also write off Borlase but he seems a good decision maker to me. Just needs a few years in the gym.
Not sure I agree with this, Borlase is already quite strongly built so I don't see size (as in solidly built not height) or strength as a weakness in his current game it's more his height for a KPD and lack of any sort of closing speed that is his kryptonite. He's basically a lesser version of Josh Worrell who is equally good at intercepting and way more athletic, quicker and more agile.

For those questioning whether we have cap space, we have only 4 players in the top 100 paid AFL players... & they are nowhere near the highest.

Of the top 50, the number of players with the salary range..

total, club, 0.9-1M+, 0.8-0.9M, 0.7-0.8M
2 Adelaide 0, 0, 2
3 Brisbane 0, 1, 2
4 Carlton 0, 1, 3
3 Collingwood 1, 0, 2
2 Essendon 0, 0, 2
3 Fremantle 1, 0, 2
2 Geelong 1, 0, 1
2 GC 0, 0, 2
4 GWS 1, 2, 1
4 Hawks 0, 0, 4
3 Melbourne 0, 3, 0
0 North Melbourne 0, 0, 0
1 Port 0, 0, 1
2 Richmond 2, 0, 0
2 St Kilda 0, 1, 1
3 Sydney 1, 1, 1
4 W Bulldogs 1, 1, 2
6 West Coast 1, 2, 3

Adelaide's highest paid is Laird (750-850), Sloane (700-800)... along with O'Brien & Dawson who are in the top 100.

If someone has access to the tiser site, they can populate the top 100.

For those questioning whether we have cap space, we have only 4 players in the top 100 paid AFL players... & they are nowhere near the highest.

2 Adelaide 0, 0, 2
3 Brisbane 0, 1, 2
4 Carlton 0, 1, 3
3 Collingwood 1, 0, 2
2 Essendon 0, 0, 2
3 Fremantle 1, 0, 2
2 Geelong 1, 0, 1
2 GC 0, 0, 2
4 GWS 1, 2, 1
4 Hawks 0, 0, 4
3 Melbourne 0, 3, 0
1 Port 0, 0, 1
2 Richmond 2, 0, 0
2 St Kilda 0, 1, 1
3 Sydney 1, 1, 1
4 W Bulldogs 1, 1, 2
6 West Coast 1, 2, 3

Adelaide's highest paid is Laird (750-850), Sloane (700-800)... along with O'Brien & Dawson who are in the top 100.

You do realise whoever wrote that article is only having a calculated guess, no way are they privy to players actual salary deals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 Adelaide 0, 0, 2
3 Brisbane 0, 1, 2
4 Carlton 0, 1, 3
3 Collingwood 1, 0, 2
2 Essendon 0, 0, 2
3 Fremantle 1, 0, 2
2 Geelong 1, 0, 1
2 GC 0, 0, 2
4 GWS 1, 2, 1
4 Hawks 0, 0, 4
3 Melbourne 0, 3, 0
1 Port 0, 0, 1
2 Richmond 2, 0, 0
2 St Kilda 0, 1, 1
3 Sydney 1, 1, 1
4 W Bulldogs 1, 1, 2
6 West Coast 1, 2, 3

ROB, wow.

Now we know why Sloane won’t be retiring, still getting paid a shitload.

You do realise whoever wrote that article is only having a calculated guess, no way are they privy to players actual salary deals.
Salary ranges are published though... so they are guessing the player not the numbers, which remain relevant.

2 Adelaide 0, 0, 2
3 Brisbane 0, 1, 2
4 Carlton 0, 1, 3
3 Collingwood 1, 0, 2
2 Essendon 0, 0, 2
3 Fremantle 1, 0, 2
2 Geelong 1, 0, 1
2 GC 0, 0, 2
4 GWS 1, 2, 1
4 Hawks 0, 0, 4
3 Melbourne 0, 3, 0
1 Port 0, 0, 1
2 Richmond 2, 0, 0
2 St Kilda 0, 1, 1
3 Sydney 1, 1, 1
4 W Bulldogs 1, 1, 2
6 West Coast 1, 2, 3

Doubtful it's O'Brien and Dawson who they are assuming as reports was Dawson signed for $650K last year, more than likely they are Walker and Smith.

Does anyone think any of the current rumblings is just positioning for a serious tilt in the future when the playing field is more our way?
Yep.
Very clear messaging to players and clubs
We targeting SA players to return and have a war chest and we arent paying overs in draft capital.

Hately , Dawson, Rankine next.
JHF next year
Cox the following year

Doubtful it's O'Brien and Dawson who they are assuming as reports was Dawson signed for $650K last year, more than likely they are Walker and Smith.
Dawson is apparently on 3.2M over 5 years, so yes he is one one our top 4 for now.

It’s possible our pick this year could end up at 7 with Brisbane pushing in front and possibly even North Melbourne getting a priority pick which could push our pick out to 9.

If we’re going to target a top line big bodied mid I think realistically we need to be in the top 4 or 5. You can sometimes find them later but not reliably.

May need to get creative or lucky to sort out the midfield.

Forward line looks fantastic moving forward and I think defence looks solid enough although would like to see a Brodie Smith replacement, a ball magnet, run and carry meters gained type half back. Not sure Hamill, Parnell, McPherson quite fit that role. Dawson can do but not sure we want him there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back