List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe we could get their pick 37 for Rowe.

We do need to start making calls on a few guys who have played 30-40 games (as we seem to have done with Sholl). With Rachele to return and Rankine possibly coming, it's hard to see Rowe getting meaningful game time in the future.
#37 is about right too ....story is, although WB are chasing, the expectation is the CROWS will offer Rowe a Contract ....that possibility will keep the trade price higher

Trading Rowe is a correct move IMO

Currently we have

3-4 tall AFL defenders: Butts, Murray, Doedee, Worrell
3 tall AFL forwards: Walker, Fogarty, Thilthorpe

2-3 tall SANFL defenders: Borlase, Frampton, McAsey
2-3 tall SANFL forwards: Himmelberg, Gollant, McAsey

We'd be down to 1 SANFL forward and defender if all of those three you listed leave. So we'd need to draft/trade at least one tall defender, one tall forward and probably a forward/ruck as well. (No I don't think we should keep Himmelberg or Frampton if there is no interest, we should delist them and try someone else anyway)
If Freo are interested in Berg, which would make sense if Lobb leaves, then I would trade with them.

If Carlton are keen on McAsey and are willing to give a decent pick then that makes sense.

Trade that pick and Berg to Freo for Cox (if he’s interested).

Sign Frampton to a basement price one year deal for cover for the time being.

Borlase wait and see if there’s a list spot.

Obviously a lot of hypotheticals involved but this could work.

Is Weideman an upgrade on Himmelberg? I doubt he is.

I have a feeling Frampton might find a home somewhere, possibly at the Dogs. Those foot skills and intercepting talents could be very handy if he's used with those features of his game in mind.
He isn’t, but if EH leaves of his own will we might not have a choice

Frampton could well find himself on another list, but I highly doubt he has any meaningful career at his next club. Could be wrong, I guess, but that’s generally how I see it

If Freo are interested in Berg, which would make sense if Lobb leaves, then I would trade with them.

If Carlton are keen on McAsey and are willing to give a decent pick then that makes sense.

Freo's not doing that deal especially with Griffin Logue reported to be on the move?

View attachment 1477941

Adelaide’s James Rowe is again on the radar of the Western Bulldogs.

That is according to SEN SA’s Andrew Hayes who believes the Bulldogs are “set to pounce” on the small forward.

The Dogs were interested in Rowe prior to the 2020 National Draft but essentially could not select the Woodville-West Torrens premiership player after the Crows made a bid on Jamarra Ugle-Hagan at pick 1.

That left Luke Beveridge’s club without the points required to take Rowe in the second round when the Crows snapped him up at pick 38.

However, the Dogs are again keen on the 22-year-old who is out of contract this year and yet to re-sign with the Crows.
Just shows again why it’s always worth making the F/S or academy club pay full price, never know what positive flow in effects it can have in recruiting.

Would be sad to see Jimmy go but if he’s behind Murphy and McHenry in the pecking order it’s hard to see him getting games with Rachele and Rankine in.

And yeah, if you can get 37 for Rowe you do it

It’ll be Michalanney points, but still a fine deal to do, especially with Rankine likely coming through the door

He isn’t, but if EH leaves of his own will we might not have a choice

Frampton could well find himself on another list, but I highly doubt he has any meaningful career at his next club. Could be wrong, I guess, but that’s generally how I see it
100% agree ....Frampton should not be offered a new Contract at the Crows though ....and I doubt he will

We simply have to & IMO will retain McAsey ......Butts is certainly no lock & has been exposed on many occassions
If McAsey was up to speed, he will be a better option to Butts .....on Butts 2022 form

Freo's not doing that deal especially with Griffin Logue reported to be on the move?
That’s based on the assumption that we offer Cox a good deal and he requests a trade.

If he’s asking for a trade and Berg and a second rounder are on the table I’d say they’d think about it. Although you’re right, with two years to run on his deal and Freo in the window they may make him play it out.

Just shows again why it’s always worth making the F/S or academy club pay full price, never know what positive flow in effects it can have in recruiting.

Would be sad to see Jimmy go but if he’s behind Murphy and McHenry in the pecking order it’s hard to see him getting games with Rachele and Rankine in.
That's how I see it as well ....

So now we are adding Rowe and newchurch to the “move on/trade” list too..

So no himm, mcasey, frampton, Rowe or newchurch next year?..

* me.. thats a loss of a lot of depth.. hope we dont have any injuries!
Talk of Newchurch moving on is BF noise ......same with McAsey

Newchurch won't be moved on...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100% agree ....Frampton should not be offered a new Contract at the Crows though ....and I doubt he will

We simply have to & IMO will retain McAsey ......Butts is certainly no lock & has been exposed on many occassions
If McAsey was up to speed, he will be a better option to Butts .....on Butts 2022 form
Agree Butts’ development has been lacking this year, not sure I see it with McAsey, though. At either end of the ground

Again, might be proven wrong as things can change rapidly for a developing player, but I don’t see the consistent physicality needed to succeed at the elite level

Agree Butts’ development has been lacking this year, not sure I see it with McAsey, though. At either end of the ground

Again, might be proven wrong as things can change rapidly for a developing player, but I don’t see the consistent physicality needed to succeed at the elite level
We'll know more definitively next season

I don’t think the clubs would be trading all of these guys, if Rowe does go I’d imagine Newchurch stays, similar with McAsey and Frampton.
Talk of Newchurch moving on is BF noise ......same with McAsey
McAsey talk comes from reports Carlton are into him. I think if the price is right the club would look at it.

Reality is, Rowe is more the Rachele/Rankine style of player than the Murphy/Ned type. Being behind the two most talented small forwards on the list isn’t going to give Jimmy much confidence of cracking into the AFL side

View attachment 1477941

Adelaide’s James Rowe is again on the radar of the Western Bulldogs.

That is according to SEN SA’s Andrew Hayes who believes the Bulldogs are “set to pounce” on the small forward.

The Dogs were interested in Rowe prior to the 2020 National Draft but essentially could not select the Woodville-West Torrens premiership player after the Crows made a bid on Jamarra Ugle-Hagan at pick 1.

That left Luke Beveridge’s club without the points required to take Rowe in the second round when the Crows snapped him up at pick 38.

However, the Dogs are again keen on the 22-year-old who is out of contract this year and yet to re-sign with the Crows.
God no please Re-sign him ASAP

Reality is, Rowe is more the Rachele/Rankine style of player than the Murphy/Ned type. Being behind the two most talented small forwards on the list isn’t going to give Jimmy much confidence of cracking into the AFL side
True, and with his extra speed Newchurch potentially has a better ceiling.

Rowe is a very smart footballer though and has good skills so could find a home at a good side.

God no please Re-sign him ASAP
What, you're not interested in a small forward that doesn't even average a goal a game, can't defend and isn't definitive best 22 in a side that is close to bottom 4?

Borlase is a Cat B rookie, so his list position is completely independent of other changes - he doesn't affect calculations either the Cat A rookie or senior list positions. We don't have any Cat B rookies coming onto the list this year, so there's no need to create any vacancies there. The big question is whether or not they see him having a future at AFL level, and the answer to this is that he's probably too short & slow to make it at the top level... so there really isn't a lot of point in keeping him unless we're completely emptying the shelf of all other KPP backup options.

What you're proposing is essentially this:
OUT: McAsey, Berg
IN: COX

I'm not generally in favour of 2-for-1 trade deals, because they tend to create vacancies that need to be filled very late in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back