List Mgmt. 2022 List Management and trading thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't believe a guy who can't kick, won't get his hands dirty and drops marks is a long term, high paid player
That's AFC list management for you!

As noted, our picks are heading north/south whichever way you look at it, not just our first but also our second, the latter will be impacted even more as there could be two F/S, a PP and even a compo pick pushing it out, even as far as 28/29

Last edited:
All contracted so that won't be an easy assignment for any of them.

Don't think Cox would be a smart move personally.

Edit: my bad Rankine is not contracted.

Undecided with Cox. I do think we fast track our rebuild by getting a 100 game quality key defender and I think Cox is a good player. I do like the way Murray and Butts are developing as well though but feels we are vulnerable down back for a while yet if we keep with those two

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Undecided with Cox. I do think we fast track our rebuild by getting a 100 game quality key defender and I think Cox is a good player. I do like the way Murray and Butts are developing as well though but feels we are vulnerable down back for a while yet if we keep with those two

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Cox would be a great get, but Freo would be asking for way too much which would could interfere with Rankine.

It’s possible our pick this year could end up at 7 with Brisbane pushing in front and possibly even North Melbourne getting a priority pick which could push our pick out to 9.

If we’re going to target a top line big bodied mid I think realistically we need to be in the top 4 or 5. You can sometimes find them later but not reliably.

May need to get creative or lucky to sort out the midfield.

Forward line looks fantastic moving forward and I think defence looks solid enough although would like to see a Brodie Smith replacement, a ball magnet, run and carry meters gained type half back. Not sure Hamill, Parnell, McPherson quite fit that role. Dawson can do but not sure we want him there.

There’s top quality Mids right in our range this year. North won’t get pick 2 as a PP, at best it will be mid first round. Especially if they announce Clarko has signed on. Phillipou, Tsatas, Hewitt all project to be right around where we will be picking, I’ve even come around on Clark despite not being that big bodied mid. I will be pretty disappointed if we trade out our first this year for Rankine. We need to get more high end talent in our midfield.

Not sure I agree with this, Borlase is already quite strongly built so I don't see size (as in solidly built not height) or strength as a weakness in his current game it's more his height for a KPD and lack of any sort of closing speed that is his kryptonite. He's basically a lesser version of Josh Worrell who is equally good at intercepting and way more athletic, quicker and more agile.
You've seen him more than me but I think he's a short Sam Collins

The Vic media pile on.

At least Carlton might actually play him as a defender because he ain't replacing Curnow or McKay up forward any time soon.
The McAsey "speculation" ....simply because he hasn't played for 2 years .....but the VIC clubs can change him around

Typical media BS

I love how the journo says he's "out of favour" - that's inaccurate. His development has been snail-like. I reckon this lad could go either way in terms of an AFL career. It's a crystal ball situation.
Who knows how true this is, but a 2nd rounder would be fair.
Depends what our plans are. If we think he’s still a chance to come good and want to keep him on the list then we can drive a hard bargain and potentially get 29 out of Carlton, as long as we’re happy to potentially get nothing for him next season.

If we need a list spot and want him gone we’re probably going to have to settle for less, don’t know what though as a pick in the 60s feels a bit too low.

Depends what our plans are. If we think he’s still a chance to come good and want to keep him on the list then we can drive a hard bargain and potentially get 29 out of Carlton, as long as we’re happy to potentially get nothing for him next season.

If we need a list spot and want him gone we’re probably going to have to settle for less, don’t know what though as a pick in the 60s feels a bit too low.
I hope we get another season to see how he develops because as I've stated before, I've been to a number of SANFL matches & he definitely is a natural footballer.

I hope we get another season to see how he develops because as I've stated before, I've been to a number of SANFL matches & he definitely is a natural footballer.
Doubt there's any chance McAsey leaves .....the Clubs patience to be rewarded

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair, although I do feel like given we’re playing him as a forward and he’s shown nowhere near as much as Fog, TT and Gollant that pick 29 might be something we can’t say no to given the deals we’re looking to get done. Big if as to whether that’s on the table though.

He could possibly be a "natural" defender because he's certainly not a "natural" forward. He has no tricks or even brute strength to outbody opponents that most forwards need, he has neither at this point after 3years on an AFL list.

1660525817294.png

Adelaide’s James Rowe is again on the radar of the Western Bulldogs.

That is according to SEN SA’s Andrew Hayes who believes the Bulldogs are “set to pounce” on the small forward.

The Dogs were interested in Rowe prior to the 2020 National Draft but essentially could not select the Woodville-West Torrens premiership player after the Crows made a bid on Jamarra Ugle-Hagan at pick 1.

That left Luke Beveridge’s club without the points required to take Rowe in the second round when the Crows snapped him up at pick 38.

However, the Dogs are again keen on the 22-year-old who is out of contract this year and yet to re-sign with the Crows.

He could possibly be a "natural" defender because he's certainly not a "natural" forward. He has no tricks or even brute strength to outbody opponents that most forwards need, he has neither at this point after 3years on an AFL list.
I could not agree more - his only hope to have an AFL career is as a defender.

Fair, although I do feel like given we’re playing him as a forward and he’s shown nowhere near as much as Fog, TT and Gollant that pick 29 might be something we can’t say no to given the deals we’re looking to get done. Big if as to whether that’s on the table though.

Pick 11 please. our second to Carlton

we have 5/6 midfielder and 11 rankine

sholl Carlton their 29 our sa michenbury

easy

I could not agree more - his only hope to have an AFL career is as a defender.
And it's pretty obvious if the Carlton rumour has any legs that's where they see him.

I would have thought if any Vic club would have had interest it would have been the Dogs given his junior football mentor read Matty Boyd and he was a Dogs supporter growing up. A perceived weakness at the Dogs is their KPD department too.

IF we lose all of EH, McAsey and Frampton, I’m guessing we go for Weideman. Hell, we might even grab Francis for the rookie list, I guess

Currently we have

3-4 tall AFL defenders: Butts, Murray, Doedee, Worrell
3 tall AFL forwards: Walker, Fogarty, Thilthorpe

2-3 tall SANFL defenders: Borlase, Frampton, McAsey
2-3 tall SANFL forwards: Himmelberg, Gollant, McAsey

We'd be down to 1 SANFL forward and defender if all of those three you listed leave. So we'd need to draft/trade at least one tall defender, one tall forward and probably a forward/ruck as well. (No I don't think we should keep Himmelberg or Frampton if there is no interest, we should delist them and try someone else anyway)

View attachment 1477941

Adelaide’s James Rowe is again on the radar of the Western Bulldogs.

That is according to SEN SA’s Andrew Hayes who believes the Bulldogs are “set to pounce” on the small forward.

The Dogs were interested in Rowe prior to the 2020 National Draft but essentially could not select the Woodville-West Torrens premiership player after the Crows made a bid on Jamarra Ugle-Hagan at pick 1.

That left Luke Beveridge’s club without the points required to take Rowe in the second round when the Crows snapped him up at pick 38.

However, the Dogs are again keen on the 22-year-old who is out of contract this year and yet to re-sign with the Crows.
Maybe we could get their pick 37 for Rowe.

We do need to start making calls on a few guys who have played 30-40 games (as we seem to have done with Sholl). With Rachele to return and Rankine possibly coming, it's hard to see Rowe getting meaningful game time in the future.

IF we lose all of EH, McAsey and Frampton, I’m guessing we go for Weideman. Hell, we might even grab Francis for the rookie list, I guess
Is Weideman an upgrade on Himmelberg? I doubt he is.

I have a feeling Frampton might find a home somewhere, possibly at the Dogs. Those foot skills and intercepting talents could be very handy if he's used with those features of his game in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back