Resource 2022 Membership - 63,240 as at August 25th

Remove this Banner Ad

Happened upon this Herald Sun article re how clubs are tracking - it says "Port Adelaide is leading the interstate charge with 52,164 members this pre-season", however WCE has declined to provide their figure and as they're not mentioned, it's probably the same for the Camries - if not, wow!
You know they always keep their figures quiet, then ensure they are higher than Port!

I see they have released an ADF membership with a hefty discount.

Why? They are very well paid for what they do.

Struggling veterans maybe, but serving members??

Jesus christ chiwigi this is a bad take

Is it?
Why them and not nurses?
Why not lorry drivers?
Why not fireys?

Because it isn’t as sexy a headline.

Is it?
Why them and not nurses?
Why not lorry drivers?
Why not fireys?

Instead of looking at what's wrong with it, just take it for what it is. A way the club (that does lots of work with the ADF community there is your answer) to thank active servicing members.

Why does maccas give cheap coffee to cops and paramedics but not nurses?

Also what is a lorry driver? Without googling it i want to say a garbage driver or a truck driver at a quarry

Is it?
Why them and not nurses?
Why not lorry drivers?
Why not fireys?

We don't have community programs with them like we do with the ADF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it?
Why them and not nurses?
Why not lorry drivers?
Why not fireys?

That's true, after all, think of all the lorry drivers, nurses & fireys that have played for Port Adelaide over the past decades, the long-standing relationship we have with their organisations, including strategic partnerships, educational programs, and the special game we play in honouring their service each year.

Frankly, I dont know why we bother with the ADF. :drunk:

Also what is a lorry driver? Without googling it i want to say a garbage driver or a truck driver at a quarry

Someone who kills prostitutes.

Jeremy-Clarkson-Laughing-Driving-an-18-Wheeler.gif

Last edited:
Is it?
Why them and not nurses?
Why not lorry drivers?
Why not fireys?

We have a strong connection to the ADF via our previous serving players and our recognition of them as well as our outstanding ANZAC weekend tributes.

Hopefully it is part of a push to wear the bars on ANZAC day eventually too (a long bow I know).

We have a strong connection to the ADF via our previous serving players and our recognition of them as well as our outstanding ANZAC weekend tributes.

Hopefully it is part of a push to wear the bars on ANZAC day eventually too (a long bow I know).
Need to get the chief of the ADF to an ANZAC Rd game, at a pre game function, give him the bars jumper and he asks, why the * can't PAFC players wear the bars in this round? They supplied plenty of players who wore this jumper to our defence forces.

Ok, but why give current members a $45 discount? Why not say something like, we will donate $20 to Legacy for each member that identifies as a serving ADF member.

Give them a nice hat or something, they probably earn more than most of the crowd. Your typical Corporal at 20, with subsidies and having left school in Yr12 etc. will take home over $100k (with allowances) and have discounts from everywhere from accommodation to entry to theme parks.

If they are in the air force, they may never work anywhere other than Edinburgh!

Veteran Card holders discount? * yeah!
Current serving? - *, why?

We have also probably had plenty of truckies, nurses and fireys play for Port.

As for free coffee for cops at Maccas, that is self evident. You want them there patrolling.

Last edited:
Is it?
Why them and not nurses?
Why not lorry drivers?
Why not fireys?

As a nurse I would love cheaper membership. However I would much prefer that people wear their masks correctly. But you can’t fix stupid!

With overlord, commander and ruler of the world Grant Stephens, today saying outdoor seated events have no restrictions, it means no members with reserved seats at AO will need to be moved like last year, except those seats killed by AFL Covid protocol rules, like around interchange area and close to players race and coaches box.

Edit: these rules will be in play, until/if a new Putin variant turns up and the pants pissers lock us up again.

There will be no capacity restrictions on seated outdoor events, meaning near-capacity crowds should be able to return to Adelaide Oval in time for the football season.

But density limits will remain in standing areas of the ground.

The rules come into effect at 12:01am on Saturday and will be the latest in the state's fortnightly gradual easing of restrictions.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back