Review 2022 Mid Season Draft - Wednesday June 1 @ 6.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Few mid season draft prospect stats from today / yesterday

Josh Carmichael - 27 disposals (23k, 4 hb), 1 goal, 4m, 3t
Hugo Hall - Kahan - 21 disposals (16k, 5hb) 1.3, 3m
Max Ramadan - 11 disposals (5k, 6hb), 2.1, 4m, 2t, 11ho
Joe Menzie - 16 disposals (14k, 2 hb), 7m, 8t, 3 goals

Not on the radar but former Carlton rookie Angus Schumacher had a MASSIVE payout for East Perth today. 38 and 2. 5 marks too

Jamieson Ballantyne very good for the GWV Rebels today in their big win over the Western Jets playing a lot more inside the midfield contest than he did last year. Highly skilled outside player with great endurance now proving he's also got an inside game.

Few mid season draft prospect stats from today / yesterday

Josh Carmichael - 27 disposals (23k, 4 hb), 1 goal, 4m, 3t
Hugo Hall - Kahan - 21 disposals (16k, 5hb) 1.3, 3m
Max Ramadan - 11 disposals (5k, 6hb), 2.1, 4m, 2t, 11ho
Joe Menzie - 16 disposals (14k, 2 hb), 7m, 8t, 3 goals

Not on the radar but former Carlton rookie Angus Schumacher had a MASSIVE payout for East Perth today. 38 and 2. 5 marks too

Teakle pretty solid again too with 2 goals 17 touches 8 marks and 10 hitouts. Would love us to pick him but reckon he is gone before our pick.

Chances of Tom Downie ex Giant being picked up by the Hawks in the MSD?

How bad was Flynns concussion? And how far off are Mcevoy and Reeves?
McEvoy is probably 3-4 weeks away. Reeves could either be back within the next 2 weeks, or they could bite the bullet and put him in for surgery. Lynch still coming through concussion protocols so we’ve got zero rucks atm.

Brockman also has gone in for surgery, so there’s 2, maybe 3 spots if they really want.

I’d think we take 2 picks at this stage.

McEvoy is probably 3-4 weeks away. Reeves could either be back within the next 2 weeks, or they could bite the bullet and put him in for surgery. Lynch still coming through concussion protocols so we’ve got zero rucks atm.

Brockman also has gone in for surgery, so there’s 2, maybe 3 spots if they really want.

I’d think we take 2 picks at this stage.

Interesting how clubs manage this MSD as with multiple picks it does push an issue to the end of year draft with creating list spots unless you see the MSD player available as not just short term option
What would work for the Hawks would be the ability to have a 4 week player contract and then that player returns to the original club, a similar option to the covid top up player rule although these are the challenges for list managers, 3 or 4 rucks on the list or how many tall defenders is enough cover

Its fascinating to hypothesise who goes where, especially as far as Geelongs pick.

We have been linked to a few...i am personally desperate for a ruck as we need onebadly but we also need kpds and have been linked to some runners including faulkhead. And theres one player from our vfl team im intrigued to see if we take. Will be an interesting selection.

We have been linked to a few...i am personally desperate for a ruck as we need onebadly but we also need kpds and have been linked to some runners including faulkhead. And theres one player from our vfl team im intrigued to see if we take. Will be an interesting selection.
Isn't Ballantyne on your VFL top up list?
Pretty sure he was training down there over summer?

Isn't Ballantyne on your VFL top up list?
Pretty sure he was training down there over summer?

No he may have trained with the vfl guys over the summer but didnt make the squad.

Ling did who theres been some noise about and im keen on fiore despite him being injured all year and theres a few others. We used faulkead as 23rd player last week and again today and weve been linked to him although weve been linked to a lot of players for the msd.

No he may have trained with the vfl guys over the summer but didnt make the squad.

Ling did who theres been some noise about and im keen on fiore despite him being injured all year and theres a few others. We used faulkead as 23rd player last week and again today and weve been linked to him although weve been linked to a lot of players for the msd.
My mistake it was the Doggies.

Anyone been watching zavier maher this year ?

What’s his form like if so and is he likely to be picked up on Wednesday ?

Liked him in his draft year before injuries.

Seems to be in and out of our vfl team. Hasn't been mentioned by any of our vfl watchers as catching their eye. He may have been our leading tackler last week?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hes been solid without being spectacular. Id be surprised if he gets picked up. Hes an inside mid with average disposal so you would think he really needs to be dominating the lower level to get a look in.

Hes been solid without being spectacular. Id be surprised if he gets picked up. Hes an inside mid with average disposal so you would think he really needs to be dominating the lower level to get a look in.
Whats Trudgeon been like?

Seen the article recently where his coach talked him up as an ultimate team man.

Nobody asked for it, but my (quick) top 20 for the MSD...

1. Massimo D'Ambrosio
2. Casey Voss
3. Wade Derksen
4. Mutaz El Nour
5. Josh Carmichael
6. Kim Kantilla
7. Jai Culley
8. Jacob Bauer
9. Jamieson Ballantyne
10. Brynn Teakle
11. Oskar Faulkhead
12. Jye Menzie
13. Max Ramsden
14. Lachlan Carrigan
15. Jake Florenca
16. Hugo Hall-Kahan
17. Will Reinhold
18. Zane Williams
19. Zac Strom
20. Josh Browne

I will add the disclaimer that I don't watch as much state league as I do juniors, and my SANFL/WAFL exposure is greater than VFL.

I've added the draft picks spreadsheet for Wednesday to the sticky post ^

I still need to remove the picks for teams that don't have enough spots. They're easier to remove than they are to put back so I'll wait for a final number of picks for each club from the AFL before I remove anything, but yeah.

I'm planning to fill in the names as they're selected, as I usually do, however the embed in the forum sometimes doesn't update as quickly as I edit it so can't do much about that if it happens.

Carlton very likely to pick up Sam Durdin with one of our picks, unless another club swoops in first.

You think he's worth a shot?

I think he can fill a number of roles, and not be a liability. That’s all you need sometimes from a backup tall. Could even find a semi permanent spot like Sam Rowe did at Carlton. Certainly not all teams would consider him because of his age.

Also I think there’s a good chance Fremantle take him, so I had to slot him into the 20.

I think he can fill a number of roles, and not be a liability. That’s all you need sometimes from a backup tall. Could even find a semi permanent spot like Sam Rowe did at Carlton. Certainly not all teams would consider him because of his age.

Also I think there’s a good chance Fremantle take him, so I had to slot him into the 20.
Is your order based on club order and need or purely your rankings?

Is your order based on club order and need or purely your rankings?

Just my rankings. I’m sure Culley will go top 3 at absolute worse, but I think there’s better prospects for example.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back