Autopsy 2022 Rd 20 F*** this. Headline space for rent

Who played poorly for the Blues vs the Crows in Round 20?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bang on the money…
Also,
We are also absolutely horrible at transitioning the ball with any type of method of connecting up through spreading & overlapping once we’ve won the ball, we just don’t take it on or run in numbers like other teams do and do well often…

We are also horrible at defending opposition teams ball transition, one of the worst in the league…

We have serious problems with teams that are capable of opening us up easily by smart quick clever structured methods in exposing our weaknesses, the lack of pressure and effort showed by us on the weekend was pathetic and a little concerning…

When we play well we are very good at moving the ball, its just disappeared lately. Probably due to clubs adjusting to out gameplan which is where Voss needs to step up. Good skills would help, handballs to a teammates feet dont help, so many against the crows.

Well, IMHO, that take by that poster was crap and not shared by Voss and the MC and have continued to pick Plow ahead of other underperforming options at VFL. Which I have backed, with no contradiction and or suggesting another alternative that Voss should consider until either Kemp improves his deficiencies (at that point in time), or Marchbank stays on the park and finds consistent output

So your original claim is still bullshit.

More than happy to address it further if you can find any evidence
As I've often said, who warrants selection ahead of Plowman?

I fail to see how a missed tackle here and there on the 100kg+ Fog and Tex are reason enough to drop him. Especially given last week against the Giants he went at 100% with plenty of disposals.

Marchbank comes in for Newman, who comes in for Plow if he is such an obvious omission? The only I can think of is Kemp but I'm not sure it's an automatic selection like others believe it to be.

Sick of Plowman being the whipping boy and fully support your argument that the MC rate him ahead of underperforming VFL mid-sizers (and rightfully so!)

Bang on the money…
Also,
We are also absolutely horrible at transitioning the ball with any type of method of connecting up through spreading & overlapping once we’ve won the ball, we just don’t take it on or run in numbers like other teams do and do well often…

We are also horrible at defending opposition teams ball transition, one of the worst in the league…

We have serious problems with teams that are capable of opening us up easily by smart quick clever structured methods in exposing our weaknesses, the lack of pressure and effort showed by us on the weekend was pathetic and a little concerning…
“Carlton is the second-best contested ball side in the comp, they’re the second-best clearance side in the comp, they’re the ninth-worst offence, the 11th-worst defence in terms of defending transition."

When we play well we are very good at moving the ball, its just disappeared lately. Probably due to clubs adjusting to out gameplan which is where Voss needs to step up. Good skills would help, handballs to a teammates feet dont help, so many against the crows.
We struggle when it's wet, or windy.
We're missing Hewett, and then when Kennedy and Fisher put in a shockers, we're really up against it. Those 2 seem to be barometers.

Hi all

Question for those who watched the game (i've only seen the highlights), in the highlights Adelaide continually got out the back of our last line.

Why did that seem to happen a lot?

Serious considered answers appreciated.

Hi all

Question for those who watched the game (i've only seen the highlights), in the highlights Adelaide continually got out the back of our last line.

Our mids don't defend which means our defenders need to press up and then you get Ben Keays reaping the rewards

Hi all

Combination of poor turnovers further afield which couldn’t be defended, missed tackles resulting in overlap run or players having to leave their opponent, ball trampolining out of F50 due to lack of forward pressure and our midfield is far too slow to defend in transition.

All pretty fair comments, very hard to understand based on what was at stake, next three weeks are going to be tough, and there is a very real chance we may miss finals if we cannot find one win.
I really think Voss was thinking further ahead. That's the only way to rationalise the selections of Pitto and Owies. And that's not necessarily unreasonable.

Unfortunately, the players didn't rock up witched on.

As I've often said, who warrants selection ahead of Plowman?

I fail to see how a missed tackle here and there on the 100kg+ Fog and Tex are reason enough to drop him. Especially given last week against the Giants he went at 100% with plenty of disposals.

Marchbank comes in for Newman, who comes in for Plow if he is such an obvious omission? The only I can think of is Kemp but I'm not sure it's an automatic selection like others believe it to be.

Sick of Plowman being the whipping boy and fully support your argument that the MC rate him ahead of underperforming VFL mid-sizers (and rightfully so!)
Agree. Also the second part of the question is who comes in for Plowman to play on Charlie Cameron.

Hi all

I noticed the ball going out the back much more than usual. The Crow's forward and our defender looking to spoil would both misjudge the flight of the ball and let the ball fly over the contest. Strange really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bang on the money…
Also,

It was interesting after the game. As the players waited for each other to come off the ground, Cripps, TDK and JSOS were separate from the group having a chat. Probably nothing, but it does make you wonder given that was the prior set up.

I really think Voss was thinking further ahead. That's the only way to rationalise the selections of Pitto and Owies. And that's not necessarily unreasonable.

Unfortunately, the players didn't rock up witched on.
Yes l tend to agree on that, Owies had a month out and Pitto maybe could have done with another week in the reserves, the messaging from Voss re JSOS did not come across very well either to be honest.

This was the sort of performance we had become used to under the previous coaching group.

All pretty fair comments, very hard to understand based on what was at stake, next three weeks are going to be tough, and there is a very real chance we may miss finals if we cannot find one win.
All sounds good until you read:

“For some reason, they decided to give space to their opponents on the weekend and I couldn’t work that out. It has to be between the ears because the four weeks prior they’d been brilliant."

Which just goes to show he hasn't been watching Carlton the last 4 weeks....

Our mids don't defend which means our defenders need to press up and then you get Ben Keays reaping the rewards
Combination of poor turnovers further afield which couldn’t be defended, missed tackles resulting in overlap run or players having to leave their opponent, ball trampolining out of F50 due to lack of forward pressure and our midfield is far too slow to defend in transition.

So ball wasn't kept in our forward line very well with a combo of mids and forwards having to take responsibility for that.

Sounds like Teague era footy.

Will be interested in what Voss thinks our starting forward 6 looks like in the next three games or whether he'll just put the game down to an off day.

Our ball movement has been okay when we have played well, it still isn’t anywhere at a level that challenges through teams defensive setups and zones that benefits us moving the ball quickly and not being so predictable…

All sounds good until you read:

“For some reason, they decided to give space to their opponents on the weekend and I couldn’t work that out. It has to be between the ears because the four weeks prior they’d been brilliant."

Which just goes to show he hasn't been watching Carlton the last 4 weeks....

I read that as a comment about the backline

Back