Oppo Camp 2022 Salt Mine thread - the saltening

Remove this Banner Ad

How easy would it be to work in a footy media role. You can just make wild statements in the hope that one of your thousand guesses comes true. They also have zero accountability for the crap they make up.

Or you can just constantly lie and sling sh*t like Karen Cornes.
That was Mike Shehan's strategy when he worked as chief football writer at the HUN.

Once in a blue moon the HUN would publish a full (back) page article screaming about some prediction of Shehan's that had proven correct. The logical conclusion is that their sports reporting was insightful and accurate and we should all buy the HUN.

Of course, they didn't tend to say much about the other 99.999% of predictions that didn't come to pass.

Even with that said, Shehan is a step or three above Cornes who's just the sports media version of a shock jock.

That was Mike Shehan's strategy when he worked as chief football writer at the HUN.

Once in a blue moon the HUN would publish a full (back) page article screaming about some prediction of Shehan's that had proven correct. The logical conclusion is that their sports reporting was insightful and accurate and we should all buy the HUN.

Of course, they didn't tend to say much about the other 99.999% of predictions that didn't come to pass.

Even with that said, Shehan is a step or three above Cornes who's just the sports media version of a shock jock.
Sheehan, was and always will be FOS!

I can't stand the fact the industry actually gave him airtime... SInce when did someone who was meant to provide the news/opinions, become the news/opinions...

Now we are stuck with Slobbo Barret Ralphy who all like the "me me me" time, instead of just giving us the news... And they are opening the path for Tom Browne (Melb Uni), Red Head McClure, Tom Morris who think they have credibility in their opinion because they are a journo... THEY DONT

And Cornes may be an absolute C*ckhead, but to his credit, he played 300 games, says his piece, and then moves on. He is a shock jock, looking for ratings and a lot of Richmond nuffies fall for it everytime.

I can't stand the fact the industry actually gave him airtime... SInce when did someone who was meant to provide the news/opinions, become the news/opinions...

Now we are stuck with Slobbo Barret Ralphy who all like the "me me me" time, instead of just giving us the news... And they are opening the path for Tom Browne (Melb Uni), Red Head McClure, Tom Morris who think they have credibility in their opinion because they are a journo... THEY DONT

And Cornes may be an absolute C*ckhead, but to his credit, he played 300 games, says his piece, and then moves on. He is a shock jock, looking for ratings and a lot of Richmond nuffies fall for it everytime.
I find Cornes to be quite amusing and occasionally hits the mark.
We all know that he’s looking to get a reaction from nuffie supporters…

Let's not forget Matthew Lloyd's "Gold Coast are closer to winning a flag than Richmond" in early 2020 :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mmmmmmmm Kane Salt.

Cornes is the distilled essence of a bellend.

He loves being a smart arse and throwing people under a bus with fake outrage (especially if they play for richmond). You have to ask if it is really a news worthy story with all the other stuff going on.

What a peanut?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RsXtSDis_400x400.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back