List Mgmt. 2022 Trade and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

We need another midfielder so so bad. If that means Darcy and/or Dan get squeezed out so be it. It’s fast becoming obvious we aren’t winning a flag with this midfield group we currently got. Would we be willing to let both go to save some cash to throw at another mid is the question.

We will only lose Dan if he decides to leave. Very important player.

Ashcroft and Fletcher and a fast improving Rayner will bring our mid field up to flag worthy
I don’t believe Ashcroft and Fletcher will make a significant impact in their first couple of years.

By year 3, I’m more positive Ashcroft and Fletcher will be key contributors.

I don’t believe Ashcroft and Fletcher will make a significant impact in their first couple of years.

Definitely agree on Fletcher just because of his size and we have a lot of guys playing on the outside already. Ashcroft I think is someone who given the right opportunity could really help us next season.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ashcroft have an impact in his first year. Given the club felt he'd be in our 22 this year, I can only imagine he'll be even better once he's with us full time.

If Ashcroft can have a Selwood 2007 like impact, that'll give a fresh look to our midfield. Based on all the vision seen so far, he seems to be pretty confident and can hold his own amongst our midfield group.

If Ashcroft can have a Selwood 2007 like impact, that'll give a fresh look to our midfield. Based on all the vision seen so far, he seems to be pretty confident and can hold his own amongst our midfield group.
So he should be too, with how active he is around a stoppage he’d run rings around a few of our guys.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ashcroft have an impact in his first year. Given the club felt he'd be in our 22 this year, I can only imagine he'll be even better once he's with us full time.
What I think Ashcroft is very good at, is bringing others into the game which is something that our current midfield is not very good at doing.

I personally think we were a better midfield unit when Neale used to handball a bit more to players running past which is something he doesn’t do as much these days.

That is what Ashcroft will add.

Do you guys have any info on Darcy Gardiner's injury please.

I think Ashcroft plays every game he is fit for next year and averages about 20 disposals a game and close to a goal a game. I am expecting him to find space going forward better than a lot of our players and ease the pressure we currently have moving the ball. I am also expecting some semi regular highlight bursts from clearances.

So not a dominant player but a very good contributor from the start. He is a lot more ready already than most kids his age.

I think Ashcroft plays every game he is fit for next year and averages about 20 disposals a game and close to a goal a game. I am expecting him to find space going forward better than a lot of our players and ease the pressure we currently have moving the ball. I am also expecting some semi regular highlight bursts from clearances.

So not a dominant player but a very good contributor from the start. He is a lot more ready already than most kids his age.
Who would he replace then in our current lineup if you had to predict for next year, would it be someone like Lyons / Robertson in the centre or one of the wingers or speed players in Prior / Ah Chee / Zorko / etc with J.Berry or Bailey then having to play full-time minutes on the wing until Fletcher / Sharp comes on?

If McStay goes, I wonder if we'll be able to attract someone like Dunkley. He seems to be exactly the type we're currently missing, a big bull to win the contested ball. I like what Rayner is starting to do, but Dunkley will elevate us to a whole new level in the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's an extermely good chance he'll play and an equally good chance he won't.
Interested GIF by reactionseditor

I cant see Dan staying now - Ive also thought he doesnt seem as happy or relaxed on field in recent games. Maybe hes struggling with this decision.

Speaking of Collingwood- how could they afford him after they got rid players are paying Treloars salary and have to resign Degoey to a big deal. I dont get it or why Dan would go to Dockers. Again, how does Demons fit him in or why when they just got Ben Brown.

I cant see Dan staying now - Ive also thought he doesnt seem as happy or relaxed on field in recent games. Maybe hes struggling with this decision.

Speaking of Collingwood- how could they afford him after they got rid players are paying Treloars salary and have to resign Degoey to a big deal. I dont get it or why Dan would go to Dockers. Again, how does Demons fit him in or why when they just got Ben Brown.
Maybe DeGoey is DeGoneski?

I think you are reading into things far too much.

I have been hearing differently as of late. Nothing directly from Mcstay, but those not too far removed!

Just looked at the inbed video on that page and it showed the laziness of some/a lot of our players. Pretty bad, McCluggage seems to be one of the main culprits showing no respect to his opponents.

Edit: already a conversation about it in preview thread.

Last edited:
What I think Ashcroft is very good at, is bringing others into the game which is something that our current midfield is not very good at doing.

I personally think we were a better midfield unit when Neale used to handball a bit more to players running past which is something he doesn’t do as much these days.

That is what Ashcroft will add.
I've noticed that myself about Neale.

But you got to have players running past to handball it to them.

He's usually going back to get it because no one else can and there's no one moving offensively to handball it too. So he runs around in circles a bit until he sees an option.

He's desperate for some help in that inside mid see ball get ball position.

I've noticed that myself about Neale.

But you got to have players running past to handball it to them.

He's usually going back to get it because no one else can and there's no one moving offensively to handball it too. So he runs around in circles a bit until he sees an option.

He's desperate for some help in that inside mid see ball get ball position.

Isn't what you are saying the oposite of what ls happening. We are very good at offensive running so Neale has plenty of choice to handball to passing runners. The problem is because everyone is ahead of the ball when Neale does not get it we are exposed because no midfielder is capable of running back at warp speed to cover and help the defence.

Certainly it is very easy to be selective when a team loses and experts pick and choose their narrative.

Nah that he is sticking around. Nothing concrete but it’s sounding pretty positive. Obviously things can change if other drastically up their offers. It’s sitting in a rather positive position currently
It would have to be a quite ridiculous offer from another club I would think. Everything we hear suggests he is settled up here. Now the Lions have offered 5 years, I just can't see a team offering enough per year to make it worth risking it. If he plays for a big Melbourne club and is expected to lead a forward pack as the premium key forward he would be under enormous pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back