List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I dunno, 2011 we lost Tom Scully similar to North losing Horne-Francis while the club was being accused of tanking, and we signed Mark Neeld.
We won 8 games in 2011, we were ok

Wrong. The big clubs would shed their depth players and just sign all the draftees each year at 300k meanwhile the tiny clubs would never get anyone good.

If you are paying all your draftees $300k then you won't have the cash to pay your top 24-30 year old players $1m a year and they are the ones which win games. Some players will take serious unders to try and win a premiership but plenty will go looking for their worth.

The difference we have here is that we pay so much money to kids for potential, the idea that Freo are going to pay Jackson $1m a year is insane, and realistically probably $250k - $300k a year more than what we were offering.

We won 8 games in 2011, we were ok
2 of those wins were against the first year Gold Coast Suns. Only one win in the last 7 games which was against the Gold Coast, losses included 186 points and last game of the year losing to 3-19 64.5% 16th placed Port. Losing our prized number one pick $cully and everyone coming after us with the tanking debacle ramping up I’m not sure we were ok.

2 of those wins were against the first year Gold Coast Suns. Only one win in the last 7 games which was against the Gold Coast, losses included 186 points and last game of the year losing to 3-19 64.5% 16th placed Port. Losing our prized number one pick $cully and everyone coming after us with the tanking debacle ramping up I’m not sure we were ok.
That 186 point loss really destroyed that team. If we lose by 100 bailey keeps his job, we probably win those later season games against Richmond and Port. I'm not saying we were okay, clearly the team sucked, when we loss it was really bad, but that 186 was soul crushing.

The premiership had almost wiped my memory of this.. you've brought up my PTSD. :'(

Not too much new.

• Disappointed about Bedford, but haven't spoken to GWS yet
  • Grundy's coming
  • Hunt to West Coast
  • Sounds like we'll really be playing hardball with Jackson
  • Ruled out trading Weideman :(
  • Tomlinson encouraged to look elsewhere
  • Corbett a no

Mentioned 'options elsewhere on the list with players we already have' regading forward line. Imagine that may have been a hint at Petty swinging forward

Starting to think they are pretty happy with who we have on our list at the moment, I hope that's not the case.

I actually feel sorry for North.

I’ve heard that George Wardlaw (likely number 1 pick after Ashcroft) has also told them he doesn’t want to go there.

Spare me George, interstate are your two next best options - and you can't possibly want to go to Essendon..

You will go where picked.

Honestly, if you are an 18 year old and don't want to go to any football club - you don't have to nominate for the National Draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm all for players moving on for better opportunities, whatever. But the idea of Harmes running out in Essendon colours doesn't sit overly well with me.

Especially since it'll basically confirm Brayshaw's status as a full-time mid, which is just a waste after his year at HB.

Still shitty at the way we use Harmes – he's a damn good tagger who can hit the scoreboard and win his own ball, yet we insist on leaving him in no man's land at HF most of the time.

Hunter honestly isn’t a terrible pickup
from a pure playing sense he isn't, but I just hate the look of that campaigners face

Honestly has a head of some smug preppy campaigner you would like to cave in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back