List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I can't work out why everyone saying it's an amazing deal. Bowes ain't that good if he can't get a game for Gold Coast. They were an average side. And talk of pick seven as though it's a certain superstar mustn't realize how hit and miss the draft can be.
Because it's pick 7 and they spread the deal out over more than 2 years. It's an amazing deal.

Surely he would be ahead of Rivers!
Cats get a top 10 draft pick and player and just have to fork out some money over a few years now. We struggle to get a top 10 pick for a player picked up at 3, rising star, prem player

put Jackson through to draft and better for us he is at West Coast

Yeah pick 7 would be nice, but if we'd done this deal we'd be happy for 5 minutes and then furious for 24 months we were paying Bowes $800,000 a year to play for Casey.
Bowes is irrelevant, I dont know what's so hard to wrap your head around, they are getting pick 7, which gives them a chance to draft an A grader for the next 10 years.

Its like a way better version of us trading for Ben Brown from Norf, but instead of us giving up a pick in the 20's Geelong are getting a pick 7. We are both locked into a shitty contract we dont want for another two years, crossing our fingers hoping Bowes/Brown can contribute but realistically thinking they likely wont be.

Bowes is irrelevant, I dont know what so hard to wrap your head around, they are getting pick 7, which gives them a chance to draft an A grader for the next 10 years.

Its like a way better version of us trading for Ben Brown from Norf, but instead of us giving up a pick in the 20's Geelong are getting a pick 7. We are both locked into a shitty contract we dont want for another two years.

He's clearly not irrelevant since he's now on their list for three years being paid what is a reported $1.6 million over that term. That's not irrelevant and if he turns out not to be best 22 it becomes an encumberance you have to deal with in your list management.

I agree it's an overly generous deal the Gold Coast have put forward, I said that earlier. I'm pointing out that it's not without it's risks. If Bowes turns out to be a jet for Geelong and so does their draftee then they've really struck gold. If the draftee is just ok and Bowes is shit they'll regret the deal.

He's clearly not irrelevant since he's now on their list for three years being paid what is a reported $1.6 million over that term. That's not irrelevant and if he turns out not to be best 22 it becomes an encumberance you have to deal with in your list management.

I agree it's an overly generous deal the Gold Coast have put forward, I said that earlier. I'm pointing out that it's not without it's risks. If Bowes turns out to be a jet for Geelong and so does their draftee then they've really struck gold. If the draftee is just ok and Bowes is s**t they'll regret the deal.

They aren't losing anyone to make room so im not sure how they'd regret anything even if neither Bowes or the pick works out.

Grundy and Gawn has a risk factor of blowing up in our face also. If you gave me the option of a top 3 pick or Grundy I think its a pretty easy choice regardless of if we are in a premiership window or not, particularly with JT's draft record with early picks.

I agree it's an overly generous deal the Gold Coast have put forward, I said that earlier. I'm pointing out that it's not without it's risks. If Bowes turns out to be a jet for Geelong and so does their draftee then they've really struck gold. If the draftee is just ok and Bowes is s**t they'll regret the deal.
Can't look at it like that, it's still a great deal. Can't say if we get pick 2 and 3 from Freo for Jackson and then draft duds it was a crap deal. It's still a great deal same as the Bowes trade.

They aren't losing anyone to make room so im not sure how they'd regret anything even if neither Bowes or the pick works out.

Grundy and Gawn has a risk factor of blowing up in our face also. If you gave me the option of a top 3 pick or Grundy I think its a pretty easy choice regardless of if we are in a premiership window or not, particularly with JT's draft record with early picks.

Yeah exactly. If we're paying Grundy and he's no good then that hurts because it's $600k a year we could have been paying someone else.

If Bowes is no good then Geelong wear $400k a year they could've been paying someone else. That's the whole reason Gold Coast are offering this very generous deal in the first place.

Can't say if we get pick 2 and 3 from Freo for Jackson and then draft duds it was a crap deal. It's still a great deal same as the Bowes trade.

That's not the same scenario as Bowes though. It would be like saying you can have pick 2 and 3 for Jackson but have to take Darcy Tucker and Liam Henry and pay their salaries.

ffs, he still has to choose us. He's a midfielder who wants to play in the midfield, it doesn't matter if he's ahead of Rivers, he's had his run in the backline and wants to play his natural position where we have no free spots.

It's not that hard.

Only one I agree with was old mate who said it's annoying that Geelong gets him, which it flipping is.

That's not the same scenario as Bowes though. It would be like saying you can have pick 2 and 3 for Jackson but have to take Darcy Tucker and Liam Henry and pay their salaries.
Instead of picking up an average okay for 500k they're gonna an elite kid in the draft and pay him 100 or whatever it is. It's a steal

Instead of picking up an average okay for 500k they're gonna an elite kid in the draft and pay him 100 or whatever it is. It's a steal

Yes, I said it was a steal yesterday. The only drawback is they have to pay Bowes an overinflated amount of money out of a fixed salary cap and, if he is no good, clog up a list spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS have 3, 12, 15 and 19. They are rebuilding. Could Freo's future first and 13, plus Bedford, go to them for 3 and 12?

I swear if I get hammered for this I won't try and do this again, as I have quite likely royaly ****ed this.

Im glad to hear we want a future first off Freo and not two firsts this year, every chance that pick could be a top 10 pick by this team next year, perhaps even top 5 or 6 if Freo drop right off. I absolutely think that top 10 at least is better than a 50/50 chance given a harder draw and veteran departures

GWS have 3, 12, 15 and 19. They are rebuilding. Could Freo's future first and 13, plus Bedford, go to them for 3 and 12?

I swear if I get hammered for this I won't try and do this again, as I have quite likely royaly *ed this.
You "might" get just three for all that.

You don't trade out a top 5 pick unless you're getting over the top value.

Would we trade 13, Freos F1 and our F2 (maybe F1) to WCE for pick 2?

They'd nearly do it I reckon. Would we?

I swear if I get hammered for this I won't try and do this again, as I have quite likely royaly *ed this.

Not a chance. But nice try all the same.

You "might" get just three for all that.

You don't trade out a top 5 pick unless you're getting over the top value.

Agree, would be pushing our luck just to get pick 3 by itself let alone an additional first

Would we trade 13, Freos F1 and our F2 (maybe F1) to WCE for pick 2?

They'd nearly do it I reckon. Would we?

Would seem West Coast have deal in place to trade pick 2 and Rioli to Port for pick 8 and Port's future first, Port then pass pick 2 on to Norf for JHF

Lol @ Freo courting a player all year and then when it comes time to work a deal through they go all quiet and fail to get the deal done.

Got to wonder what the next player they try to court in the door for unders will be thinking.

Probably why Jackson is so reluctant to nominate Freo.

Lol @ Freo courting a player all year and then when it comes time to work a deal through they go all quiet and fail to get the deal done.

Got to wonder what the next player they try to court in the door for unders will be thinking.

Probably why Jackson is so reluctant to nominate Freo.
Mitch Clarke situation again?

I’m sure it won’t be but boy would it be funny if it was.

Well Freo fans have now gone back to my leaderboard for biggest campaigners. Idiots on the trade board trying to argue Lamb is worse than Dodo, a flog, and difficult to trade with.

Yes, let's ignore years of Melbourne being reasonable to trade with and getting it done simply because this year our guy wants to get fair value for a player.

No doubt the deal is probably already done anyway.

Nobheads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back