List Mgmt. 2022 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Hilarious reading - our offer to get rid of Clark is apparently a disgrace yet North thought it was too much.

Clearly Clark's not the quality of AFL player some people on here think.

Our saviour could be a very hawks finishing dead last.
Would force north to trade

Regardless backing Damion Carol and Lenny to get Hunter using his talent to play some great games next year.
Clark on the last year of his contract has all the power to step up and produce next year - making his new contract a lot better than many would of thought - so he can really stick it to us if he wants to.

And if he doesn't - well he will be gone anyway.

Doesn't matter how it is dressed up a 2nd and a 3rd for Clark would have blown up big time. Contracted and many still think he is a quality player.

Even 9 and Clark for 3 was way overs imo.

Don't care if we repair our relationship or not. The kent is a professional on probably 400k a year. Do what is required and don't be spoilt over privileged child.
Still want to leave next yrar, fine, off you go, we will easily get a second and a third for him plus another year of football.

We couldn't sell that to our members even though that's probably above market value for an unrealised talent. They couldn't sell to their fans losing pick 3 and had nothing to sell so it was really a bit of a time waster hoping that the other side would crack. The hard work starts for us now as we need to bring him back around to wanting to stay and play his best footy with us.

If he's s**t next year he'll be worth the same amount as guys like Weiderman or Schache. It's in our interest to make the most of him

Geeze how good is it to be a Cats supporter at present. Win the flag AND also restock with young talent. Three ready to play players plus no 7 pick!!! So they have already restocked for any retirees at the end of next season.

Whereas Saints are basically just going to tread water. At the expense of Long we have slightly improved our draft hand. So ok for longterm, but will make us weaker next year. If we cannot resurrect Billings, Clark, Coffield etc in 2023 it is going to be yet another poor year.

GEELONG CATS

GOT Tanner Bruhn - GAVE AWAY first-round pick (currently No.18)

GOT pick No.25 - GAVE AWAY picks No.38, 48 and 55, a future second-round selection and a future fourth-round selection

GOT Jack Bowes and pick No.7 - GAVE AWAY future third-round pick

GOT Ollie Henry - GAVE AWAY Cooper Stephens and pick No.25.

Summary: The Cats keep on getting better even after a premiership win. They’ve brought in Tanner Bruhn, Jack Bowes and pick No.7 — the latter two in the same salary dump deal. Then on deadline day they also locked in Ollie Henry from Collingwood for Pick 25 and Cooper Stephens as Hawthorn got involved in the three-club swap. It means they’ll start 2023 with four new top-20 picks on their list and are clearly in great touch as things stand. Esava Ratugolea ultimately wasn’t traded to Port Adelaide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now that North fans are saying that they'll get him for nothing in 12 months, when was the last time a player left for peanuts a year after a trade request?
Lolnorfies say a lot of things, they are still waiting for Kelly to sign. They were getting Clark for a second and a third DONE DEAL according to there ITK's.
Bulldogs, we'll walk Dunkley to the PSD, Collingwood we'll walk Henry to the PSD. lel.
It doesn't happen.

Lolnorfies say a lot of things, they are still waiting for Kelly to sign. They were getting Clark for a second and a third DONE DEAL according to there ITK's.
Bulldogs, we'll walk Dunkley to the PSD, Collingwood we'll walk Henry to the PSD. lel.
It doesn't happen.
they should probably be concentrating on getting a coach first….

So Geelong downgraded their first and gave away all but their first round picks this year and next year.
Under the rules i think they are obliged to take a player with the last pick in the draft this year.

They got Bruhn, and Bowe.
Not an amazing result, it all hinged on them getting that bullshit pick 7 that came with Bowes.
I hope that Karma smacks them one and their pick goes Trent West on them.

I think it was a great effort to refresh from top spot but I think Richmond have done a better job. Both Hopper and Taranto are young but already look top shelf players and have already done a lot of heavy lifting at the recent drafts to revitalise their list.

Hilarious reading - our offer to get rid of Clark is apparently a disgrace yet North thought it was too much.

Clearly Clark's not the quality of AFL player some people on here think.
Given the points calculator Clark and 23 would have been a small win for us
Clark and 9 would have been a small loss for us
Clark and 9 and the future first would have been a big loss for us

You’re always gonna value your guy higher than oppo does for what they wanted to give up for him in extremely happy to retain him and I think most saints supporters feel the same way.

Saints In: pick 4, 22

Essendon In: pick 9, F1

Take 4 (Tsatas), 22 and 26 to the draft

Trade 32 for a future 2nd and 47 for a future 3rd

Hit next years draft with two 2nds, two 3rds

Hope like hell we don't bottom out next year

Would seriously consider. Mahoney suggested today we are open to something like this.

I think it was a great effort to refresh from top spot but I think Richmond have done a better job. Both Hopper and Taranto are young but already look top shelf players and have already done a lot of heavy lifting at the recent drafts to revitalise their list.

Most of the good sides seem to have got better.

Melbourne have got Grundy and Hunter for not much, as well as Schache who will probably thrive playing in a taller forward line.

We threw everything in the de Goey basket and didn't really improve our draft hand.

I don't really see us getting any better.

Not terribly surprised with the outcome.
We aimed for quality with FA and missed.
We aimed for quality with an early draft pick and also missed.
We seemed to be very specific in that aspect this year, I wonder if this focus on quality is function of the review or the input from guys like Noble and Walsh.
Seems to me that what we tried to do was consistent with Walsh’s observations on his appointment.
Seems that we are prepared to walk away too.
We end up with a good FRDP, and two good SRDPS and a useful TRDP this year, plus 2023 FR, SR, & TR DPs are still intact.
Plus we know there’s another $800k spare in the SC.
Meaning we absolutely retain our flexibility going forward, and that’s worth something. Who knows what the future might bring?
Another Bowes, but one who is from Bayside?

I think this should be enough to move him on

List boss James Gallagher said supporters, who would have to be in their late 50s to have seen the club’s only premiership in 1966, wouldn’t mind waiting another 12 months to ensure the Saints spiked sharply.

“There’s a real sense of urgency at our footy club to get better and go up the ladder. But we’re not trying to go up the ladder to finish sixth,” Gallagher said.

“We want to be a team that plays at the real pointy end of the year. If that takes a year longer, that’s OK.

“Our supporters are unbelievably patient. They’re passionate, they are loyal and they are patient.”

One of the first steps towards negativity towards the club was being at a club event and hearing them going on about how little the Saints fans care about success. I nearly walked out. The people that work for the club have no idea about the fan's motivations and think that our patience is acceptance.

If Gags actually had some kind of plan for how this magical spike will occur you might actually have some faith in it. It sounds more like we are at the start of another rebuild if we are going to be doing it all through the draft. It probably means a step back for 4+ years realistically because you are going to have to trade guys out to get picks.

If that’s the case so be it.

But he was seen as the forward/ruck.

So that’s an issue as it stands.
It seems we went into this deciding everyone had a ceiling - in price and trade value - and we weren't willing to go beyond our limit. Whether that was the correct decision, we won't know for many years.

Thats the biggest positional hole on the list. What are our options now?
  • Delisted Bin. Any notable talls get cut?
  • Another SANFL punt
  • Draft
  • Convince Ryder to come back? (this one is only 1% serious)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back