Who will win the Victorian election

• Labor

Votes: 128 87.1%
  • Coalition

Votes: 19 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be interesting to see the reaction in the Herald Sun newsroom (as well as 3AW and Sky News Australia) if Daniel Andrews wins this year's state election.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Libs have really jumped the shark.

They're shot. Too busy chasing the cooker vote.

to think this would be based on party research - makes you wonder what their own internal polling is telling them

[edit] worth remembering, party research led them down the path of the safe schools and african gang attack lines in the lead up to 2018 ..... maybe the libs party recruitment isnt attracting the best and brightest

Last edited:
Which link?
The one claiming lockdown hurt more than benefit (I want to look at the assumptions made by the writers my suspicion is they think government needed to have psychic knowledge about risk level of covid when initial reports were SARS like and the hospital CFR for the SARS outbreak in Hong Kong was higher than 10%, so the initial Wuhan 10% was thought to be true.

Link shows that CDC has whole of population case fatality for SARS 2003 at about 9%

to think this would be based on party research - makes you wonder what their own internal polling is telling them
I know I am lying to them for shits and giggles apart from truth re hospital service issues.

[edit] worth remembering, party research led them down the path of the safe schools and african gang attack lines in the lead up to 2018 ..... maybe the libs party recruitment isnt attracting the best and brightest
How bad is thier research?

The one claiming lockdown hurt more than benefit (I want to look at the assumptions made by the writers my suspicion is they think government needed to have psychic knowledge about risk level of covid when initial reports were SARS like and the hospital CFR for the SARS outbreak in Hong Kong was higher than 10%, so the initial Wuhan 10% was thought to be true.

Link shows that CDC has whole of population case fatality for SARS 2003 at about 9%
Ah right. I don’t know. I read a report of it not the paper itself. The report seemed consistent with what was reported to be the government strategy pre pandemic for what to do and what not to do in such circumstances.

But I can’t give you specifics. I’m commenting on this as an observer outside. Not as one claiming in depth knowledge.

Ah right. I don’t know. I read a report of it not the paper itself. The report seemed consistent with what was reported to be the government strategy pre pandemic for what to do and what not to do in such circumstances.

But I can’t give you specifics. I’m commenting on this as an observer outside. Not as one claiming in depth knowledge.
So I will then say such report has no weight then in this discussion.

So I will then say such report has no weight then in this discussion.
Well you can’t quite say that. You haven’t read it. I haven’t read it. So we are but 2 blokes at a pub or coffee shop shooting the s**t.

By that standard, most scientific reports, approvingly referenced by knowledgeable scientists on here, would also be irrelevant.

The Libs have really jumped the shark.

They're shot. Too busy chasing the cooker vote.

They're chasing the cooker vote now? That is absolutely comical! 🤣

They may as well start campaigning on anti-abortion and legalising machine guns and RPGs next.

Yes. We’ve seen that.
Yep which would mean that report isn't "science".

The report doesn't actually do any counterfactual analysis which would be necessary to evaluate whether anything 'caused more harm than good'.

Also, whilst lower level, one of the key references in the lockdown section is also to this website: Home - Collateral Global which appears to be a lobbying website dedicated to how bad lockdowns are, which is pretty awful form for a 'scientific report'. Might as well ask the IPA whether we should tax Gina Rinehart.

Well you can’t quite say that. You haven’t read it. I haven’t read it. So we are but 2 blokes at a pub or coffee shop shooting the s**t.

By that standard, most scientific reports, approvingly referenced by knowledgeable scientists on here, would also be irrelevant.
Not sure you are being serious with us.

Back