A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins
A-League finals are here and to kick off we have two Derby Elimination finals! On Saturday night we start with Sydney FC V Macarthur FC. Than Sunday evening the anticipated Melbourne Derby between Melbourne Victory V Melbourne City. Winners playing either CCM or Wellington in a two leg semi final. Should be another exciting finals series.

A-League Men Finals Week One - Elimination Finals

Saturday 4th May
2nd Elimination Final

Sydney F.C V Macarthur F.C
7:45pm EST, Allianz Stadium (live on 10 Bold, check local guides, streaming on 10 Play and Paramount Plus)

Sunday 5th May
1st Elimination Final

Melbourne Victory V Melbourne City
5:00pm EST, AAMI Park (live on 10 Bold, check local guides, streaming on 10 Play and Paramount Plus)

Predictions: Syd 3-1 City 2-1

Enjoy the final series

Finals format and structurer

BRACKET-V5-1.png

A-League finals are here and to kick off we have two Derby Elimination finals! On Saturday night we start with Sydney FC V Macarthur FC. Than Sunday evening the anticipated Melbourne Derby between Melbourne Victory V Melbourne City. Winners playing either CCM or Wellington in A two leg semi final. Should be another exciting finals series.

A-League Men Finals Week One - Elimination Finals

Saturday 4th May
Elimination Final 2

Sydney F.C V Macarthur F.C
7:45pm EST, Allianz Stadium (live on 10 Bold, check local guides, streaming on 10 Play paramount plus)

Sunday 5th May
Elimination 1

Melbourne Victory V Melbourne City
5:00pm EST, AAMI Park (live on 10 Bold, check local guides, streaming on 10 Play paramount plus)

Predictions: Syd 3-1 City 2-1

Enjoy the final series

Finals format and structurer

BRACKET-V5-1.png

Who gets to host again? Would like to see the "Nix get the hosting rights.

Think the Mariners won’t be hosting in Gosford through if they win hosting rights. it’ll be at Allianz. Unless it’s against Sydney than it might be played at Commbank.
I'd say it would be the other way around.

CommBank vs Macarthur/Wellington
Allianz vs Sydney

But really it should be in Melbourne as payback for last season 🙄

Finals series is really open, any of the 6 have had some recent results to point at to have some belief (and some questionable moments).

It a bonus derby round this weekend.

Macarthur did the business a fortnight ago, can they repeat at the home of Sydney? They've played some good football, but now is the one that matters for the Bulls, their biggest game since the FFA Cup final a few seasons ago. Bulls also won all 3 games against Sydney this season and a cumulative 6-0 scorelines.

A 4th Melbourne Derby is on the cards, with 2 x 0-0 draws and a 2-1 win for Victory. Since that last game City won 3 on the trot to scrape in to the finals whereas Victory only added one more point.

Bulls and City for me to make the next round.

Last edited:
I'd say it would be the other way around.

CommBank vs Macarthur/Wellington
Allianz vs Sydney

But really it should be in Melbourne as payback for last season 🙄
Doubt the Mariners will be happy or the rest of the league tbh playing a home GF against Sydney at Sydney’s home ground.

Finals series is really open, any of the 6 have had some recent results to point at to have some belief (and some questionable moments).

It a bonus derby round this weekend.

Macarthur did the business a fortnight ago, can they repeat at the home of Sydney? They've played some good football, but now is the one that matters for the Bulls, their biggest game since the FFA Cup final a few seasons ago. Bulls also won all 3 games against Sydney this season and a cumulative 6-0 scorelines.

A 4th Melbourne Derby is on the cards, with 2 x 0-0 draws and a 2-1 win for Victory. Since that last game City won 3 on the trot to scrape in to the finals whereas Victory only added one more point.

Bulls and City for me to make the next round.

Last round was a bit of a muck around game it felt for us. 3rd spot secured, gave Broxy a token trot out with 20 minutes to go which ended up going greatly lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welp, now I'm worried. We play Victory in the two legged semis... A team we have been very fortunate against, to say the least 🥲
We’re coming off playing 90mins plus with 10 men in a Derby final while you guys had a week off! should hand you guys a major advantage, but it’s never easy for the Nix coming to Melbourne. You probably would have wished the first leg was at home all considering. In any case should be a cracking two legs if the regular season is anything to go by.

We’re coming off playing 90mins plus with 10 men in a Derby final while you guys had a week off! should hand you guys a major advantage, but it’s never easy for the Nix coming to Melbourne. You probably would have wished the first leg was at home all considering. In any case should be a cracking two legs if the regular season is anything to go by.
Also.. Farkin Paul Izzo in goals!
We'll see if the week off hinders us because we didn't play 😅 AAMI Park is an absolute graveyard for us. I guess what helps is Machach is out, but we shall see. I'm still pretty happy that we have the second leg at the Cake Tin but it'll be a tough watch for me next week 😆

A-League Men Finals Week Two - Semi Finals Leg 1

2nd Semi Final
Friday 10th May

Sydney F.C V Central Coast Mariners
7:45pm EST, Allianz Stadium (live on 10 Bold, check local guides, streaming on 10 Play and Paramount Plus)

1st Semi Final
Sunday 12th May

Melbourne Victory V Wellington Phoenix
4:00pm EST, 6:00pm NZLT, AAMI Park (live on 10 Bold, check local guides, streaming on 10 Play and Paramount Plus)

Predictions:
CCM 2-1 Vic V Nix 1-1

enjoy the first legs of the semi finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back