2023/24 Melbourne Victory Thread - Farewell Leigh Broxham

Remove this Banner Ad

How good was Bonevacia when he came on? We've been lacking that other quality mid.

I'm not sure Poppa is the issue here. Bruno being yanked away from us was a disaster. He didn't play much and totally destroyed his mojo. We should have signed another striker while he was gone. Instead we got Khelifi who has not been useful. Letting Rai go seems bizarre, why couldn't we have gotten rid of Ikon instead.

How good was Bonevacia when he came on? We've been lacking that other quality mid.

I'm not sure Poppa is the issue here. Bruno being yanked away from us was a disaster. He didn't play much and totally destroyed his mojo. We should have signed another striker while he was gone. Instead we got Khelifi who has not been useful. Letting Rai go seems bizarre, why couldn't we have gotten rid of Ikon instead.
Team is lacking confidence, I Think all them late draws from winning positions in January really knocked the confidence out of this team and doubts started to creep in. Poppas job is now to try and get that confidence back. Yesterday despite the loss we did score two goals away so itā€™s a start and Bonavacia did look good and scored a cracking goal a good sign that heā€™s up for it and it could reassure the rest of the team. Still plenty of time in the season left to get back on track, score a few more goals and a couple of wins and the confidence will be back hopefully at the right time of the season.

Team is lacking confidence, I Think all them late draws from winning positions in January really knocked the confidence out of this team and doubts started to creep in. Poppas job is now to try and get that confidence back. Yesterday despite the loss we did score two goals away so itā€™s a start and Bonavacia did look good and scored a cracking goal a good sign that heā€™s up for it and it could reassure the rest of the team. Still plenty of time in the season left to get back on track, score a few more goals and a couple of wins and the confidence will be back hopefully at the right time of the season.

One striking option really is an issue.

Going forward I want to see this team playing

--------------------------Izzo--------------------------

Geria---------Miranda-------Da Silva--------Adama

-Zizou-----------Teague--------Bonevacia

---Arzani---------Bruno---------Nish

Brimmer to interchange with Bonevacia/Zizou as needed depending on opponent. I want to see Adams being used as the striking alternative. Sick of midfielders playing as a striker when Bruno isn't available.

I reckon we'll get one more season out of Bruno but a class CF is a must in the summer. Expect one more season out of Da Silva too. The bloke was getting forward at RW towards the end!
And poppa one more season? Hearing he wants a pay rise to stay what should the club do? Keep? or tell him thanks for your time but we are going on another ā€œworld wide searchā€?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmmmm. Tough one. We should be able to hire ourselves a class manager though. Not sure Poopa deserves a pay rise. Maybe extend one more season on same terms if we can't find someone in the off season.
Yeah thatā€™s what Iā€™m thinking unless he ends up winning the dunny seat than no pay rise, either extend on the some terms or see ya later.

Bonavacia looked class. But you could see why he hasn't started yet. The guy was only walking around like Messi but still hunched over gasping for breath! Maybe the weather and humidity didn't help, but I'm not sure we'll get a full match from him this season.

Poppa is really difficult to get a read on. Obviously had a pretty good debut season.

Season 22/23 was a shambles but some of that was due to external factors outside of his control.

Season 23/24 was excellent up until late Jan. Has been found out a bit with no Bruno alternative.

Not against a one year extension but don't think he has done enough for a big new mega contract unless he delivers the toilet seat and/or premiers plate (that looks done now).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back