Resource 2023 AFL Draft Discussion...

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't they have to be given two concessions?

Firstly, Sanders added to North's NGA list

Second, a concession they have priority access to NGA players inside the top 40 picks
Just heard an interview with Cal Twomey and he mentioned that they will just need to match the bid for him whenever it comes, but no mention of no access to NGA's in the top 40. So they will still need points to get him but they will just use later picks for that.

So will likely end up with picks 2 and 3 and then Sanders. 3 top 10 picks... what a joke.

Just heard an interview with Cal Twomey and he mentioned that they will just need to match the bid for him whenever it comes, but no mention of no access to NGA's in the top 40. So they will still need points to get him but they will just use later picks for that.

So will likely end up with picks 2 and 3 and then Sanders. 3 top 10 picks... what a joke.
I heard that & to be honest I didn't quite understand when he touched on Sanders. One moment he said that there's no chance of them getting him for nothing as if they did "all hell would break out", but then, as you've pointed out, talks about the NGA nonsense. Is this going to be another AFL predetermined outcome where they try & make it look as if they didn't do North a sweetheart deal. What a pathetic club they are. I applaud West Coast for not sinking so low.

I heard that & to be honest I didn't quite understand when he touched on Sanders. One moment he said that there's no chance of them getting him for nothing as if they did "all hell would break out", but then, as you've pointed out, talks about the NGA nonsense. Is this going to be another AFL predetermined outcome where they try & make it look as if they didn't do North a sweetheart deal. What a pathetic club they are. I applaud West Coast for not sinking so low.
North have Larkey who finished Top 3 in the Coleman and the current rising star Sheezel. LDU could win a Brownlow one day and is someone Id throw the kitchen sink at, their list isn't bad it's their attitude and the development coaches around them.

I'd rather concession picks. They've tended to win premierships.

Caddy dropped a few marks he would normally take, and his set shot kicking was a bit wayward, however this was still an impressive performance. At times he seemed to be waging a one man battle against the Dragons defense, with his teammates targeting him practically every time they went forward.

NAMESURNAMEDOBSTATESTATE LEAGUE CLUBCOMMUNITY CLUB
BoAllan16-02-06WAPeel ThunderHalls Head
LeviAshcroft18-12-06VIC MSandringham DragonsOld Brighton
Grammarians
BenCamporeale21-07-06SAGlenelgBrighton Districts &
Old Scholars
LucasCamporeale21-07-06SAGlenelgBrighton Districts &
Old Scholars
MalakaiChampion17-05-06WASubiacoMines Rovers
JoelCochran28-03-06NSW/ACTSydney Swans AcademyEast Sydney
JesseDattoli07-08-06VIC MNorthern KnightsIvanhoe
ArcherDay-Wicks13-05-06VIC CBendigo PioneersSandhurst
OliverDean16-08-06TASTasmania DevilsNorth Launceston
SidDraper05-07-06SASouth AdelaideWillunga
JontyFaull01-02-06VIC CGWV RebelsRedan
TomGillett09-01-06QLDBrisbane Lions AcademySherwood
LuccaGrego15-09-06VIC MWestern JetsKeilor
TomGross15-09-06VIC MOakleigh ChargersOld Trinity
Grammarians
PhoenixHargrave15-09-06SASouth AdelaideReynella
JoeHarrison20-07-06NSW/ACTSydney Swans AcademyWarners Bay
KadeHerbert03-04-06SAWoodville-West TorrensBute
TajHotton17-06-06VIC MSandringham DragonsOld Haileybury
ZakJohnson24-12-06VIC MNorthern KnightsOld Ivanhoe
Grammarians
IsaacKako07-03-06VIC MCalder CannonsPascoe Vale
NashKing15-03-06VIC MCalder CannonsWallan
SamLalor30-08-06VIC CGWV RebelsBacchus Marsh
HarveyLangford15-03-06VIC CDandenong StingraysMount Martha
XavierLindsay03-08-06VIC CGippsland PowerLeongatha
LeonardoLombard05-10-06QLDGold Coast Suns AcademyBroadbeach
TomLuck06-04-06SAWoodville-West TorrensCentral Yorke
SamMarshall19-01-06QLDBrisbane Lions Academy
Sandringham Dragons
St Bedes/Mentone
RickyMentha04-09-06NTNT Academy
Gippsland Power
Morwell
LouieMontgomery24-04-06SANorth AdelaideGlenunga
ChristianMoraes08-11-06VIC MEastern RangesGlen Waverley
NoahMraz20-02-06VIC CDandenong StingraysNarre North Foxes
JoshuaMurphy28-11-06NSW/ACTMurray BushrangersNorth Albury
HarryO’Farrell03-05-06VIC MCalder CannonsMaribyrnong Park
FinnO’Sullivan30-05-06VIC COakleigh ChargersKoroit
FlynnPenry20-04-06VIC CGWV RebelsCobden
MurphyReid30-07-06VIC MSandringham DragonsSouth Melbourne
Districts
ClayShadforth11-04-06NTNT Academy
South Adelaide
Palmerston
JobeShanahan02-08-06NSW/ACTBendigo PioneersMoama
JoshSmillie17-05-06VIC MEastern RangesPark Orchards
JaggaSmith28-01-06VIC MOakleigh ChargersRichmond
LukeTrainor10-04-06VIC MSandringham DragonsOld Brighton
Grammarians
TobieTravaglia26-10-06VIC CBendigo PioneersSandhurst
Austinvan der Struyf17-03-06WAClaremontClaremont
OliverWarburton13-06-06VIC CMurray BushrangersShepparton Swans
TylerWelsh15-08-06SAWoodville West-TorrensHenley
MitchWoods15-05-06NSW/ACTSydney SwansPenshurst
Some good SA boys there. Apart from the obvious Kade Herbert has impressed me. Playing league at the moment.

Good to see some of my favourite Coates Talent League "bolters" made the Rookie Me Central team of the year in Billy Wilson and Lachie Charleson, neither have hardly rated a mention during the season but they've had stellar seasons both of them and I'd be rapt to have either or both on our list.

2023-CTLB-TOTY.jpg

No Nick Watson? Or am I blind

Or Ryley Sanders

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Way too much

Dangerfield has express straight line pace, Sanders doesn't have that, fair bit of stats padding going on with Sanders with one two give to receive, handball almost always his first instinct rather than disposal by foot. Good player but not great I see as his ceiling. JMO.
Is he a bit of a Matt crouch then?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dangerfield has express straight line pace, Sanders doesn't have that, fair bit of stats padding going on with Sanders with one two give to receive, handball almost always his first instinct rather than disposal by foot. Good player but not great I see as his ceiling. JMO.
Can see him winning rising star but then not being one of the best 6 or 7 from the draft

Of all the Mids in this Draft ....outside the ungettables at the top of the Draft Order ......Caleb Windsor has looked very impressive, has some class and a good footy brain
Yeah look I wouldn’t be against taking him with our first where it currently sits now, would add a lot for us on a wing

Would still prefer D Wilson, though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back