Resource 2023 AFL Draft Discussion...

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes me cry watching the midfield talent in this draft futures game

Pick 9 would get an absolute gun mid next years draft

Best standard futures game I’ve ever seen
Sounds like we need to hold on to our future first.

Sounds like we need to hold on to our future first.
We need talent now.

Not next year. Not in 2025… NOW.

If we dont make the 8 next year then nicksy, roo and half their henchmen are goorrne..

They simply cannot survive yet another year without finals. You could actually argue they shouldnt have survived this year.

If we do make the 8, then our future 1st will be outside the top 10… and Tyler is looking like a top 10 prospect at this stage.

So.. if you are Nicksy and co, what are you thinking right now?..

I know what I’d be thinking..

“All in”

There’s little to no point loading up on next year.. when it could simply have us having to trade back out of it again if tyler has a big year..

Then we end up kicking the can further down the road.

Once again.. we find ourselves in a ****ed position!..

We need talent now.

If we dont make the 8 next year then nicksy, roo and half their henchmen are goorrne..

They simply cannot survive yet another year without finals. You could actually argue they shouldnt have survived this year.

If we do make the 8, then our future 1st will be outside the top 10… and Tyler is looking like a top 10 prospect at this stage.

“All in”

There’s little to no point loading up on next year.. when it could simply have us having to trade back out of it again if tyler has a big year..

It’s probably looking more like key position or ruck talent this year

Could get a decent flanker

If we could get a top 3 pick we could take Mckercher which would be our ideal player this draft , that’s not east but we should try

We need talent now.

“All in”

You're panicking.

steve-coogan-point.gif

We need talent now.

“All in”

Well, if Andrew Capel is to be believed, Western Bulldogs will get GC's pick 4 for Pick 10++, but Crows strongly targetting Pick 10 from GC if/when that trade happens. He said Crows think, like you BC, that they need quality, not quantity right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Campo BOG for mine, he was very good. Incredible midfield depth in next years draft, bats as deep as I've seen, every type of mid you can think of.

Welsh I thought was fairly quiet though kick a solid goal late. It is hard to get a rate on kids in these types of games because they get rotated so hard or miss nearly entire halves etc. No swapping sides though this year like often happens.

I only saw 5 min and I agree with you!

How did Welsh go? Our list strategy is extremely dependent on his rated draft position. I think he should tank next year, like Moir this year. ;)
welsh pretty bad tbh

refused to lead, and no work rate to be displayed.

looked disinterested and late goal didn't do much to improve his day. hopefully it was just a bad day but looked slow. bit worrying not sure what others think.

welsh pretty bad tbh

refused to lead, and no work rate to be displayed.

looked disinterested and late goal didn't do much to improve his day. hopefully it was just a bad day but looked slow. bit worrying not sure what others think.

Has been struggling a bit with a back injury, he’ll be absolutely fine.

Ben Campo BOG for mine, he was very good. Incredible midfield depth in next years draft, bats as deep as I've seen, every type of mid you can think of.

Welsh I thought was fairly quiet though kick a solid goal late. It is hard to get a rate on kids in these types of games because they get rotated so hard or miss nearly entire halves etc. No swapping sides though this year like often happens.

If we can’t get 4 this year using our plethora of seconds & thirds (21, 24, Doedee, McAdam, Himmelberg), I would be using a combo of these to chase Port’s 2024 first.

Welsh did enough

I imagine after a pre season he could spike next year given his back injury

I could name 6-8 pure mids today better than any after Mckercher this year

ok so please tell me if i've got this correct;
next year, we will probably have to match a high bid on a full forward, may have to match on another Michelanney....and the draft is dripping with quality mids...
And this year, we HAVE a decent draft hand, and there's no good mids around our pick and/or they're all from tassie or academy.

next year, we will probably have to match a high bid on a full forward, may have to match on another Michelanney....and the draft is dripping with quality mids...
And this year, we HAVE a decent draft hand, and there's no good mids around our pick and/or they're all from tassie or academy.
It’s been this way forever, our timing is always bad

It’s been this way forever, our timing is always bad
Yep, same as when we had the number 1 pick in 2020 and it was the 1 year when there was no elite mids available.

Walsh, Rowell, Anderson, JHF were available the years before and after our draft. The highest rated mids in our year were Will Phillips and Holland's who are nowhere near the quality of the above guys.

So shouldn't we be trying to get first round picks off clubs that could go very badly next year and get us some high first rounders. Clubs like Richmond, Geelong, Western Bulldogs and Port could go either way. I think Richmond's would be my first priority. After that its a flip of the coin I reckon. Ports might be the only one gettable out of the lot though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back