2023 AFL Draft General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gets a debut before D’Aloia and Phillipou
Phillipou sprained his ankle badly last Friday night at training hence his absence. Thought D'Aloia might have been a chance this weekend after a clear BOG in the reserves for WWT last weekend. Weckert's promotion was more based on need up forward for the Eagles and him being available for all of next season. Weckert is a natural instinctive footballer, great hands and huge kick. Also in SACA's U19 state cricket squad, a very, very good cricketer.

Very big Weckert fan, he stood out last year in that Futures game, clean and fluid, one touch player and looked dangerous back or forward. Great hands and very impressive kick. Deserves a league berth but I'd also definitely have given one to Phillipou and D'Aloia over some of the players they have blooded this year.

u17 Squad announcement - 2022 NAB AFL Futures match Grand Final Day

NAMESURNAMESTATESTATE LEAGUE CLUBCOMMUNITY CLUB
KynanBrownVIC MOakleigh ChargersBlackburn
LachlanCaborNSWSydney Swans AcademyShellharbour Swans
NateCaddyVIC MNorthern KnightsYarrambat
CaidenClearyNSW/ACTSydney SwansSydney University
DanielCurtinWAClaremontWest Coast
JackDeleanSASouth AdelaideReynella
ZaneDuursmaVIC CGippsland PowerFoster
MitchellEdwardsWAPeel ThunderSouth Mandurah
HarrisonFrancisSAGlenelgPhantoms
WillGrahamQLDGold Coast Suns AcademyPalm Beach Currumbin
ClayHallWAPeel ThunderHarvey Brunswick Leschenault
RileyHardemanWASwan DistrictsCaversham
AlexHoltSASturtGlenunga
CoenLivingstoneWAPerthHigh Wycombe
EthanLoganWAPeel ThunderCentrals
WillLorenzVIC MOakleigh ChargersBoroondara Hawks
LuamonLualVIC CGWV RebelsSouth Warrnambool
KaneMcAuliffeSANorth AdelaideCentral Augusta
WillMcCabeSACentral DistrictTanunda
BradleyMcDonaldQLDBrisbane Lions AcademyMaroochydore
ColbyMcKercherTASTasmania DevilsLaunceston
AshtonMoirSAGlenelgPlympton
LoganMorrisVIC MWestern JetsWerribee Districts
CamNykoVIC MEastern RangesHealesville
ConnorO'SullivanNSW/ACTMurray BushrangersAlbury
WillPattonSAWest AdelaideMitcham
NathanPhilactidesVIC MOakleigh ChargersBlackburn
JoePikeVIC CGeelong FalconsBarwon Heads
EthanReadQLDGold Coast Suns AcademyPalm Beach Currumbin
ArcherReidVIC CGippsland PowerInverloch-Kongwak
HarleyReidVIC CBendigo PioneersTongala
BillyRichardsonQLDBrisbane Lions AcademyWilston Grange
BenRidgwaySAGlenelgBrighton Districts & Old Scholars
ArchieRobertsVIC MSandringham DragonsHampton Rovers
JakeRogersQLDGold Coast Suns AcademyBroadbeach
WillRowlandsNTNT Thunder / NorwoodSouthern Districts
MichaelRuddVIC CGeelong FalconsSt Mary's
KoenSanchezWAEast FremantleApplecross Mount Pleasant
RyleySandersTASSandringham Dragons / Tasmania DevilsNorth Launceston
ArieSchoenmakerTASTasmania DevilsLaunceston
CooperSimpsonVIC CDandenong StingraysMt Martha
LucaSladeSASturtGlenunga
MahmoudTahaVIC MCalder CannonsPascoe Vale
KoltynTholstrupWASubiacoCunderdin
OrlandoTurnerNTNorwoodSouth Alice Springs
JedWalterQLDGold Coast Suns AcademyPalm Beach Currumbin
NickWatsonVIC MEastern RangesEast Ringwood
DarcyWilsonVIC CMurray BushrangersWangaratta Rovers

No man beast Stevens there nor Windsor.

Not knocking those selected but the WA players are simply the ones picked in the 18's squad 4/5 months ago without even a single change.

Since then a bunch of other players have emerged and in some cases overtaken those selected.

Ok, I get it - the incumbents have first digs but I still find it a bit frustrating that whoever selects this hasn't noticed that some have slipped and others have stepped up as you would expect at this age over a period of 4 months..

Last edited:
Not knocking those selected but the WA players are simply the ones picked in the 18's squad 4/5 months ago without even a single change.

Since then a bunch of other players have emerged and in some cases overtaken those selected.

Ok, I get it - the incumbents have first digs but I still find it a bit frustrating that whoever selects this hasn't noticed that some have slipped and others have stepped up as you would expect at this age over a period of 4 months..
..Some may not be able to play due to WAFL colts final commitments and injury

Too bad I play for a bush league cause Ik 4 kids on my team who can play at a NAB league level but they won't get noticed by the Pionners or the Rebels

Names! We want names.

Does anyone know anything about Bradley McDonald from the Lions academy?

Can genuinely say I have not noticed him in the few Lions academy games I have watched.

I know he’s a KPP, but other than that, I know nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know anything about Bradley McDonald from the Lions academy?

Can genuinely say I have not noticed him in the few Lions academy games I have watched.

I know he’s a KPP, but other than that, I know nothing.
I recall the name from the VM vs QLD u17 game. I think he played ok. He's a tall, 202cm I think

Mate, I have an entire WA 2023 thread up and running with a current top 50.
It is a very strong 48, unfortunately you can't please everyone. No doubt there are some late bloomers this year and they will get their chance in 2023 if continue to showcase their ability. Being selected in the 48 doesn't guarantee you get drafted so tell your boy/s be patient, keep playing well and their time will come.

It is a very strong 48, unfortunately you can't please everyone. No doubt there are some late bloomers this year and they will get their chance in 2023 if continue to showcase their ability. Being selected in the 48 doesn't guarantee you get drafted so tell your boy/s be patient, keep playing well and their time will come.
Yeah fair call.

I don't know any of the players personally. I just needed a hobby to give me something to do.

Watching four games of colts each week certainly fills in a weekend.

The top 50 never looks quite right but I'll keep working on it and see how it evolves next season.

Up and coming Forward Patrick Weckert on debut at SANFL League level for Woodville-West Torrens on the weekend after blitzing the Reserves and school footy in recent weeks..
Broke his thumb in the first couple of minutes in the SANFL reserves first semi final today.

Yeah fair call.

I don't know any of the players personally. I just needed a hobby to give me something to do.

Watching four games of colts each week certainly fills in a weekend.

The top 50 never looks quite right but I'll keep working on it and see how it evolves next season.
You've hidden it very well if you did have any relation to a prospect, most others just have no subtlety whatsoever

Yeah.

Not so subtle digs by your fellow draft prospect watchers.
I prefer that stuff, makes the board interesting in a sea of the exact same questions being asked every week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back