Player Watch 2023 AFL Draft Pool Discussion Thread

Who would you prefer we pick with our first pick?

• Nick Watson

Votes: 147 36.2%
  • Zane Duursma

Votes: 136 33.5%
  • Colby McKercher

Votes: 50 12.3%
  • Daniel Curtin

Votes: 51 12.6%
  • Nate Caddy

Votes: 10 2.5%
  • Conor O'Sullivan

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Ryley Sanders

Votes: 4 1.0%
  • Darcy Wilson

Votes: 2 0.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Same rule applies to this thread as other years, keep it on topic about the kids.
Don’t get bogged down on what other teams might do or where they will finish.

Trade speculation belongs here.

That's also where you can discuss your mock drafts or pick trades.

Any McCabe, Dear or Maginness talk belongs here.

Last edited by a moderator:

I find it incredibly hard to believe that you are privy to info from the club about our player rankings. This stuff is as tightly held as it gets. So either you are being fed false info, are misinterpreting discussions with staff as gospel or eavesdropping/reading emails that you shouldn’t be. Maybe you are the cleaner and get a peek at the whiteboard. Or it’s all BS.

I really hope you are not doing the wrong thing because as a hawks supporter you should know putting the club ahead of a few hits on a website is more important. I hope you aren’t the kid of a staff member as that would put them in an unbelievably difficult position.
Opposing recruiting staff are not scouring fan forums and relying on posts from anonymous accounts. Even if the information is 100% accurate it will have 0% impact on what any other club does.

Opposing recruiting staff are not scouring fan forums and relying on posts from anonymous accounts. Even if the information is 100% accurate it will have 0% impact on what any other club does.
You’d be amazed. We’ve literally got posters here employed by other AFL clubs. I’ve met some of them personally.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that you are privy to info from the club about our player rankings. This stuff is as tightly held as it gets. So either you are being fed false info, are misinterpreting discussions with staff as gospel or eavesdropping/reading emails that you shouldn’t be. Maybe you are the cleaner and get a peek at the whiteboard. Or it’s all BS.

I really hope you are not doing the wrong thing because as a hawks supporter you should know putting the club ahead of a few hits on a website is more important. I hope you aren’t the kid of a staff member as that would put them in an unbelievably difficult position.
Melting Climate Change GIF by Travis

You’d be amazed. We’ve literally got posters here employed by other AFL clubs. I’ve met them personally.
No club is basing anything they do off what an anonymous person online says.

Twomey will probably know and report who goes where for most of the top 10 by the night before the draft like he usually does anyway.

I don’t know what you’re loll’ing at in my post.

Bigfooty isn’t some hidden private board. We have club scouts, medicos, and all sorts of staff on all the club boards who try to keep their identity hidden.

The idea that there’s no consequence to what is written here is also a fallacy.

I can tell you a former player of the HFC was once summoned to an office at the club, sat down in front of an open laptop and asked to explain what their father had written here.

No club is basing anything they do off what an anonymous person online says.

Twomey will probably know and report who goes where for most of the top 10 by the night before the draft like he usually does anyway.
You’re most likely right, but the idea that what’s being written here isn’t being read by staff of other clubs is incorrect.

Huh?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Warms my cockles that North could be aware of the shinbeggars name.
One of their scouts posts on Bigfooty, so they’d know.

Bigfooty isn’t some hidden private board. We have club scouts, medicos, and all sorts of staff on all the club boards who try to keep their identity hidden.

I can tell you a former player of the HFC was once summoned to an office at the club, sat down in front of an open laptop and asked to explain what their father had written here.
I can reaffirm the club does not like such open and blatant admissions. Theirs consequences for such an overabundance of leaks. You can be compromising people's positions and livelihoods.

I'm not sure who KL is, but no Hawthorn employee is sharing such private information. If they are, they are quickly silenced.

I didn't mean to upset anyone, I was so pissed off.

Not sure about opposition recruiters, but I've spoken to a pretty well known footy journalist who scours BigFooty and vets information here with club contacts in the recruitment space. This means asking opposition recruiters about other teams plans as reported here by posters, sharing info to get info back and the like.

Half the job of a journo can be done if you know how to properly vet information off this site.

Scouts and employees of clubs are people at the end of the day, and they probably enjoy discussing football related matters just like the rest of us.

I don't believe for a second that an opposition scout that posts on BigFooty is taking anything that people say seriously, never mind letting it impact decisions they make back at the club they are employed by.

Back