List Mgmt. 2023 Draft Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Croft and Rogers are ranked inside the top 12 which probably pushes a few out. Tholstrup, DeMattia and Hardeman suit needs. James Leake is meant to be a pretty decent running HB so is Archie Roberts. Charlie Edwards could go a bit earlier to a side needing mids like Geelong and St Kilda. Heaps of KPs, rucks and general forwards around the mark with our picks too.
Arie Shoemaker an interesting one for our second pick…great kick and strongly built defender

I am thinking we will look to improve our midfield depth at this years draft.

You would think that SOS and Gubby have attempted to get higher up the draft in recent days without luck. So unless we can work something on the draft night we are looking like having picks #13, #21 and possibly two later picks. With that in mind my draft wish list would be as follows -

#13 Darcy Wilson Darcy 185cm 73kg - Murray (hope he slides to get through to us if not Caleb Windsor)
#21 Charlie Edwards 190cms 82kgs - Sandringham
#? Harvey Johnston 184cms 76kgs - Sandringham

Late pick if used -
Taylor Goad - Sth Adel - 205cm 90kg (ruckman)

Last edited:

You would think that SOS and Gubby have attempted to get higher up the draft in recent days without luck. So unless we can work something on the draft night we are looking like having picks #13, #21 and possibly two later picks. With that in mind my draft wish list would be as follows -

#13 Darcy Wilson Darcy 185cm 73kg - Murray (hope he slides to get through to us if not Caleb Windsor)

Late pick if used -
Very much like this, however, I think Wilson will be gone by our first pick that will likely be #18 on draft night. I would prefer Windsor, but I think he will be gone as well. I really do like Charlie Edwards! I also like James Leake, who will be thereabouts.

Late pick if used -
Gold Coast will trade anything for a points upgrade. I think we'll try and snag another pick inside 30..

Doubt we’d go stevens with our first two picks. A slow big midfielder is probably not a need I’d say for our current group. Potentially too good to pass up if he makes our third?
It'll be a 100% suck it and see scenario with our picks.
They've said they want another KPD and l doubt they'd pass on Olli Murphy at 21 too readily.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I could see us taking Ollie Murphy with our first pick.
#Me too, though I've not seen him play.
If they deem he's the best at that pick then who are we to argue, though I'd hope Stevens is still in the mix at p21.

(I'd love to know why PMBangers doesn't rate him??)

Last year we were forced to sit back and the cards fell our way.
We'll probably be in the same position this year but that p40 and/or those 2x future 3rds will be thrown around if another Olli Hotton type slips through.

Last edited:
#Me too, though I've not seen him play.
If they deem he's the best at that pick then who are we to argue, though I'd hope Stevens is still in the mix at p21.

(I'd love to know why PMBangers doesn't rate him??)

Last year we were forced to sit back and the cards fell our way.
We'll probably be in the same position this year but that p40 and/or those 2x future 3rds will be thrown around if another Olli Hotton type slips through.
Relies too heavily on strength advantage currently, slow for a midfielder, poor disposal from the inside.

If he's making it at the next level, it's as a defender, and that's a big IF. For reference, he's shorter and heavier than Will Gould at draft time (although Gould lost a bit of weight between the combine and draft night) with similar to slightly worse athletic testing, and Gould had better AFL traits imo.

I'm not saying he can't make it, but there's a lot of challenges to overcome that others haven't in the past that just make it too high a risk for ms

Arie Shoemaker an interesting one for our second pick…great kick and strongly built defender

I really like the look of him. Think he could be an absolute monster at halfback and help with the rotation of Windy and Sinc from HBF to midfield.

Can 100% see SOS trading our Future First out to draft Sanders when / if he is available on draft night.

Would others be happy with this?

Yep.

2nd best mid in the draft after Reid IMO.

If he somehow slides through to the 7-10 range then we should be all over it.

Can 100% see SOS trading our Future First out to draft Sanders when / if he is available on draft night.

Would others be happy with this?
No.
It all sounds good now but in a years time many much regrets.

I really like the look of him. Think he could be an absolute monster at halfback and help with the rotation of Windy and Sinc from HBF to midfield.

Got some Sam Gilbert vibes but a better kick.

Yep.

2nd best mid in the draft after Reid IMO.

If he somehow slides through to the 7-10 range then we should be all over it.

Third best. McKercher looks a top 4 pick. Reid is probably more multifaceted type. Not necessarily a pure mid.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back