Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 11 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to replace Kelly

Only other premo mids I have are Laird, Green and Merrett so I think it has to be a mid (although Doc is tempting).

Options:
Brayshaw - flying atm but is near peak price. Bye next week?

Bont - leg issue last week and playing in Darwin? Maybe wait a week or two?

Steele - underpriced for potential output. Hawks this week. Saints style of play? Shoulder? Bye next week.

Trac - No Oliver for 2-3. Does that help or hinder?

Cogs - No Kelly for a month, playing a depleted Cats, then tigers and north?? Floor seems to be 80. Worst bye?

Butters - Flying atm and decent upcoming draw.

Cerra - role? Seems to get shifted. Ceiling is high though.

Warner - cheapest of the lot. 5 tons in last 7 (stinker 50 and a 99 the other two). No Mills. Poised for breaking out? Need to do both trades friday night though and has bye next week. Probably pick up post bye.

Any advice?

Leaning Cogs somewhat as keeps bye structure the same.

Last edited:
My biggest mistakes the last few weeks were trading Ashcroft out and Fiorini in (in consecutive weeks). I expected to be able to hold Fio till the byes, but his BE is shot, so I need to dump him. Also hasn't helped that my stepping stones in Hunt and JJ had shocking games just before I needed to trade them.

JJ -> Warlord
Fio -> Butters

Need some direction - I've got 500k in the bank. Was considering doing Sharp & Ginbey to Wardlaw & Zerret this week leaving me about 80k to take into bye weeks, but wondering if I should go for Humphry over Zerret for cash-gen/bye cover purposes, leaving me with 584k to take into byes. Cincotta, Sharp and Drury red dots this week hurt.
Zerret's points and low BE are tempting, but wondering if it's best to now wait for premo to have their byes.

Looking to replace Kelly

Only other premo mids I have are Laird, Green and Merrett so I think it has to be a mid (although Doc is tempting).

Options:
Brayshaw - flying atm but is near peak price. Bye next week?

Bont - leg issue last week and playing in Darwin? Maybe wait a week or two?

Steele - underpriced for potential output. Hawks this week. Saints style of play? Shoulder? Bye next week.

Trac - No Oliver for 2-3. Does that help or hinder?

Cogs - No Kelly for a month, playing a depleted Cats, then tigers and north?? Floor seems to be 80. Worst bye?

Butters - Flying atm and decent upcoming draw.

Cerra - role? Seems to get shifted. Ceiling is high though.

Warner - cheapest of the lot. 5 tons in last 7 (stinker 50 and a 99 the other two). No Mills. Poised for breaking out? Need to do both trades friday night though and has bye next week. Probably pick up post bye.

Any advice?

Leaning Cogs somewhat as keeps bye structure the same.
I’m tossing up between Laird/Merrett which u have
Out of all of that I would be comfortable with Cogs. Kelly out will not increase cbas as he is maxed
Brayshaw/Steele/Warner after the bye

Considered Trac for bye but don’t trust him or Cerra/Butters despite their bye
Doc is good but my def is full

For rd 14 byes probably not Short (15). Given position doesn’t matter = Sic
I would consider Jaicos with a good run coming and Day which you may have
Depending if you want keepers. Assume you have Merrett he is (921k)
I’d bring Short in on the basis he may get that DEF DPP. Is he inside the threshold still?

For rd 14 byes probably not Short (15). Given position doesn’t matter = Sic
I would consider Jaicos with a good run coming and Day which you may have
Depending if you want keepers. Assume you have Merrett he is (921k)
Yeah have both Merrett and Day, why not Petracca? No Oliver he should be in the mid more right?

I feel Petracca's ceiling is alot higher than Josh Daicos.

From the position changes thread - assume SC uses same data
View attachment 1696712
35% is the threshold, so it looks very likely.
Good stuff. I’m tossing up between him and Libba as ins this week. The fact that the Dogs are playing in Darwin where the conditions won’t be ideal is making me a bit iffy on Libba however, but if the conditions are a bit slippery it could work in his favour as he can rack up the tackles. Both players have been consistent in scoring which is what I need rather than taking a punt on another mid pricer

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Petracca burned me last year but i feel hes the best option out of him, Sicily and Daicos i think.
I wasn’t giving advice - just observation. I’m not even top 1000
They all have warts but short term Jaicos is good. Post bye Sic has good run.
The ceiling order is Trac/Sic/Jaicos for sure. Sic can be a roller coaster too.

GWS drop Fleeton and still don't give us Fahey. Kingsley quickly rising up my list of hated coaches

Gonna enjoy having the defensive bench of Chesser and Fleeton still both on < 280k at the end of the year

As one of the resident North fans what do you think of a Simpkin pick? Last 2 years he seems to have started slow and then avgd 100 from this point.

I need a cheap second "premo" trade in to fit in around 750k and under

Have option of getting in BSmith or Merret this week, means fielding the following:

• Worpel (80), B Smith (110)
  • C Jones (70), Merret (120)
I think they will score collectively the same amount of pts.

Decisions decisions.
You would have to give Worpel the edge of the edges playing StK. Jones against Brisbane, albeit at home is far riskier proposition.

Jones threw a 41 last season against the Lions at home, while Worpel, get this....!!!! threw a 10 pointer last year against the Saints last year at the G, BUT had a 124 the year before at Marvel. We know Worpel is not a 10, but is he now closer to a 124? This game is at Marvel. Food for thought?:think:

Cowan to Hump (who would not be on field for this one week) or

Brouch/Newman up to a premo mid

This is the toss up

I was all for the latter but better coaches than me are suggesting the former for byes/cash

As one of the resident North fans what do you think of a Simpkin pick? Last 2 years he seems to have started slow and then avgd 100 from this point.

I need a cheap second "premo" trade in to fit in around 750k and under
Was a lot of fun owning him and LDU in the last part of last Season. Got quite a few tons

Need some direction - I've got 500k in the bank. Was considering doing Sharp & Ginbey to Wardlaw & Zerret this week leaving me about 80k to take into bye weeks, but wondering if I should go for Humphry over Zerret for cash-gen/bye cover purposes, leaving me with 584k to take into byes. Cincotta, Sharp and Drury red dots this week hurt.
Zerret's points and low BE are tempting, but wondering if it's best to now wait for premo to have their byes.
You get three trades each week of the byes, surely you can get a better bank from trading three rather the usual two and be ahead of the game to boot?

Big issue next week for people with 2 forced trades like me rn and all there bench just got dropped. Who the * do we get next week with our 3 fix ups? I'll be getting Wardlaw. Johnson has bye round 12. Geelong debutant averages less then 50 in vfl..

Good stuff. I’m tossing up between him and Libba as ins this week. The fact that the Dogs are playing in Darwin where the conditions won’t be ideal is making me a bit iffy on Libba however, but if the conditions are a bit slippery it could work in his favour as he can rack up the tackles. Both players have been consistent in scoring which is what I need rather than taking a punt on another mid pricer

AFL avg last year was 110 tackles a match. The Hawks/Suns game had 130, the Hawks/Roos game had 150.

Weirdly the average hitouts was 72, and Hawks/Suns game had 48 and Hawks/Roos 93. So something was different in the stoppage numbers there.

AFL avg last year was 110 tackles a match. The Hawks/Suns game had 130, the Hawks/Roos game had 150.

Weirdly the average hitouts was 72, and Hawks/Suns game had 48 and Hawks/Roos 93. So something was different in the stoppage numbers there.
Good point on the tackles.

It’s really hard to choose becuase bringing Short in will mean upgrading Wilmot will be a lot easier with the DPP next week, but the Tigs play Port this week who aren’t midfielder friendly, BUT Port had a shocker last time at the G

Libba is the second most likely to avoid getting Bevoed behind Bont, but the Darwin conditions do play a part and Bazlenka is getting more CBAs

Both have the pros and cons so will have to decide which of the risks is less

You would have to give Worpel the edge of the edges playing StK. Jones against Brisbane, albeit at home is far riskier proposition.

Jones threw a 41 last season against the Lions at home, while Worpel, get this....!!!! threw a 10 pointer last year against the Saints last year at the G, BUT had a 124 the year before at Marvel. We know Worpel is not a 10, but is he now closer to a 124? This game is at Marvel. Food for thought?:think:
Imagine Worpel will do well at Marvel (under cover?). C Jones was playing more of a lock down small defender role last year vs HB/Wing role this year. Also, Jones has averaged 91.5 at AO, so should score better than 41 (famous last words).

Other consideration is that I can move on Fiorini early and still gett Merret. Just a question of who will score better over the byes / generates $$$.
Worpel: Saints, Power, Lions, Bye, Suns
Fiorini: WBD, Crows, Bye, Blues, Hawks

Still have some time tonight to think about it

Imagine Worpel will do well at Marvel (under cover?). C Jones was playing more of a lock down small defender role last year vs HB/Wing role this year. Also, Jones has averaged 91.5 at AO, so should score better than 41 (famous last words).

Other consideration is that I can move on Fiorini early and still gett Merret. Just a question of who will score better over the byes / generates $$$.
Worpel: Saints, Power, Lions, Bye, Suns
Fiorini: WBD, Crows, Bye, Blues, Hawks

Still have some time tonight to think about it

I'm holding Fiorini not for the byes, but until his bye. Ideally upgrade to a Brisbane or freo player in round 13.

I can't understand why anybody would hold a mid priced player during the byes, that's the week to upgrade.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back