Game Day 2023 Fantasy Round 14 Discussion ...The Pain Continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I traded him as soon as he was named. Was worried he would drop in price and with Ashcroft already dropping and missing out on good rookies this week, I felt like I needed every dollar I can scrounge for next week's trades.

Probably the right thing to do, I was thinking the opposite and thought I may as well have 21 this week and trade him. Will lose a few $ but wanted the extra security.

WTF is rowell doing !!!
this bye has rooted my season. Stewart 66, steele 60, johnson 37. Humphrey + rowell both on 22
FML
Amazing how a single game off can envelope some players with that holiday feeling.....

The Blues have next week off and are playing like they are leaving nothing in the tank, wheras GC are casually getting back to it.
Port Adelaide did like Blues are now against Geelong, who are doing like GC are now.
Brisbane / Sydney had the same first bye round
GWS did like the Blues are now, while Freo still getting going again after the Bye
Richmond too left nothing in the tank and have the Bye next week, while Stk got over other 1st Bye rounder in Syd, but fell away a little

So on that basis - a good contest coming given their repsective strength and weaknesses for Doggies and North..........

Is footy all in the head - well some of it is!

Last edited:

Johnson will outscore Ratkins

what a joke

The bigger joke is that I'm gonna have to take whatever Cincotta scores today, with Ratkins, Ward and Johnson absolutely laying down steaming piles of shitness.

Honestly though, it's kinda good in a way. No way I can come back from this, as too many holes/not enough cash gen to fix everything. Too much time spent on Fantasy footy me thinks, haha.

God I'd love if they got rid of rolling lockout next year - so we can spend our weekends not worrying about this dumb crap, lol.

The bigger joke is that I'm gonna have to take whatever Cincotta scores today, with Ratkins, Ward and Johnson absolutely laying down steaming piles of shitness.

Honestly though, it's kinda good in a way. No way I can come back from this, as too many holes/not enough cash gen to fix everything. Too much time spent on Fantasy footy me thinks, haha.

God I'd love if they got rid of rolling lockout next year - so we can spend our weekends not worrying about this dumb crap, lol.
Get rid of rolling lockouts and restrict trades to 20 a year

Bring back the good old days lol

Because this is the first time I've played in forever, this rule really surprised me. Even after my first experience of using a VC loop from a Thursday night game, I thought, gee, that was a lot of work, but at least it's over and we're in full lockout - then I realised rolling lockout was for the whole round. Makes it so much harder to keep up with the pack. To keep an eye out for late changes, emergency picks, looping emergency scores etc. There was so much more to think about than normal.

Steele to anderson/docherty might be an option. Pain is with other outs I need to do I probably need to keep steele and ashcroft for another week.

Nah I f*cked the byes. Think I'm done.

Traded out JZ and Sheez - get their roles back the next week and still score well the week Hall is in the side
Traded out Fiorini over Ratkins - one is on 43, 100% TOG and the highest scorer, and the other is on 10 with 57% TOG, and likely gets subbed
Traded in Ward, who scored well one week and the diabolical the next - over Sheldrick who scored well both weeks
I'm short a defender after Round 15 - meaning I have to play Wilmot

Is what it is.
The byes cooked my side too. Tried to get too creative by trading players like Ziebell out before their price drop whilst I currently have Steele and Walsh (apparently the more reliable players) leaking bucketloads of cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why cant Ratkins have this role all game? he's not a winger!!

24 pts qtr and taking kickouts... lets hope he brings it 4th qtr

Walsh is a terrible footballer. Andy Brayshaw levels of uncontested ball merchant without the ability to actually find space

Just an opinion, but the game is stuffed when a team is denied contesting a Ruck contest even though they have players at the contest. Hating the game these last few years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back