Game Day 2023 Fantasy Round 19 Discussion - The Carnage Continues !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
WOW .....another week of carnage .....Laird OUT ....De Goey, with an illness ??? .....even some suggestion Cripps will be rested .....Butters, do we believe all the optimistic news out of PORT ??

Thankfully, this community takes all these hiccups in their stride .....

it's happening don't panic .gif

Good luck this week .....I'd do each games's matchups ...but who the hell knows who's playing and where ?

Drew to Naicos likely ......Matt Crouch in for Laird, likely ..... do FREO act on their threat to bring in a rookie RUCK .....or will they let Luke Jackson to fly like an eagle ?

the-other-guys-mark-wahlberg.gif

Last edited:
Thinking of brining in George Hewett off a 3 round average of two-fifths of f—k all, or perhaps Sam Flanders or Luke Jackson.
And using Rory Laird to loop two rookies in round 19… just as we all expected.

Went with facts over gut feel

Trade in Bont and Vc ffs

This hurts

last week Sicily, this week Parish. I can't believe there was a Parish vs Oliver poll. I'm watching Parish like a hawk and he is so weak in the contest, has no burst from stoppage and is poor defensively. Such an overrated player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bailey Smith finally coming good (ignore the kick on goal)?

To be in the position to trade out a guy who just had 3 90s probably meant your team was killing it early I'm guessing

To be fair I was very close to ditching him too. Was one of those weeks he had an almost 50 point first quarter then limped past 100 at FT.

Merrett poor so far.
Another one of those players that are s**t in my side. (Traded in this week)
Could've had Bont but preferred the cheaper trade in.

To be in the position to trade out a guy who just had 3 90s probably meant your team was killing it early I'm guessing

There was some logic to it I like to tell myself.

A) Bont had his 3 x 90s after each game being on about 70 at half time before a terrible second half. This led me to believe he was either carrying an injury or not fit.

B) I changed last minute to not start with Daicos who started the year with 3 x 100s and ave 110 at the same point.

C) Was tossing between trading either Bont or Macrae to Daicos at this point. At this time, Macrae had scored 2 x 100+ out of 3 games and assumed he was likely to have the better year based on his start and previous seasons.

So i traded Bont to Daicos instead of Macrae to Daicos (Macrae was also priced higher at this point).

Since then (excluding tonight), Bont has averaged 120. While Macrae has averaged 97.

This decision alone has cost me more than 320 points. Definition of this is a trading game and continues to absolutely drive me insane after a complete 50/50 call going the wrong way 😡😡

There was some logic to it I like to tell myself.

A) Bont had his 3 x 90s after each game being on about 70 at half time before a terrible second half. This led me to believe he was either carrying an injury or not fit.

B) I changed last minute to not start with Daicos who started the year with 3 x 100s and ave 110 at the same point.

C) Was tossing between trading either Bont or Macrae to Daicos at this point. At this time, Macrae had scored 2 x 100+ out of 3 games and assumed he was likely to have the better year based on his start and previous seasons.

So i traded Bont to Daicos instead of Macrae to Daicos (Macrae was also priced higher at this point).

Since then (excluding tonight), Bont has averaged 120. While Macrae has averaged 97.

This decision alone has cost me more than 320 points. Definition of this is a trading game and continues to absolutely drive me insane after a complete 50/50 call going the wrong way 😡😡

Love the answer. Don't think you were on your own, was a fair discussion on here from memory about it. Personally thought it was crazy to trade a premo who was going at what he was priced at and had shown signs of exploding, but it's one of a very small amount of calls I've got right this year.

Love the answer. Don't think you were on your own, was a fair discussion on here from memory about it. Personally thought it was crazy to trade a premo who was going at what he was priced at and had shown signs of exploding, but it's one of a very small amount of calls I've got right this year.

The age old rule, never trade out your premos! I will wallow in self pitty in it until next year.

IMG_8261.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back