Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 14 trades ....ouch !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Question time. Curious to hear whether this is too crazy...

Round 14 trades:
J Hunt > J Sinclair
M Phillipou > A Sheldrick
JVR > Lohmann
Bank: $529
No other dead reds in my middield and fwd lines, so can sit Sheldrick and Lohmann at M10 and F8 long term if they drop out next week.

This allows...
Round 15 trades:
Sicily > C Oliver
B Hobbs > D Cameron (F6 and covers Briggs at R2 in Rnd 15)
R Atkins > R Laird
Bank: $4k
If SicDog gets off on Monday then Humpa goes and one of Clarry or Rory will be downgraded to a midpricer.

Windy or DevRob?

Windy probably has the better JS and has DPP.

Dev role can often go all over the place, but there are spots in that 22 to nail down if he wants it. hmmm

34k cost difference might be worth it?
I think i'm taking the dev rob risk

No mcluggage... he may get an uptick of cbas.......maybe

After thinking about it long and hard, have decided to continue with my low BE strategy, and bring in Lohmann as a result. Even if he gets dropped, at least he's better than a dead rook this week.

HH down back and a 56 BE, and the other I wanted after the byes, so low risk high reward.

Sheldrick next week if he has another good game. 0K remaining:

Hunt > Himmelberg
JVR > Lohmann
Pedlar > Crouch

21 playing this week now, and 20 next week. Doch should drop further in price/Sic could get off, and I can go from there. Will keep Cogs (who could be better than Doch, Daniel or Sinclair anyway).

Gives me:

DEF: Stewart (uck), Himmelberg, Ratkins, (Cincotta, Wilmot)

MID: Taranto (C), Brayshaw, T. Green, Serong, Cogs, Brouch, Greenwood, M. Johnson

RUC: R. Marshall, Briggs

FWD: Dunks (VC), Gulden, Butters, Rozee, C. Ward (Lohmann)

Not perfect, but best of a bad situation.

Day is interesting, in the sense with Sic likely to be out for 3 weeks suspended, he might spend more time in the back half as he has done the previous two weeks.

Not sure if this helps or hinders his scoring ability. Should mean he can get more +6s as an exit from D50, or for the switch.

I don't think he will, but I get what you mean. I think he's spent time back because he's been tagged out more than anything.

Scrimshaw's a pretty similar player and has enough experience now to be a like-for-like replacement, IMO. And they've had heaps of defenders pushing for spots all year.

I don't mind Scrimshaw next week, actually. Injury games excluded, averaged 85 in '21 and 77 last year. Only 24, so shouldn't have gotten worse. But Sicily out and priced at 58 now. Some serious value there.

I don't think he will, but I get what you mean. I think he's spent time back because he's been tagged out more than anything.

Scrimshaw's a pretty similar player and has enough experience now to be a like-for-like replacement, IMO. And they've had heaps of defenders pushing for spots all year.

I don't mind Scrimshaw next week, actually. Injury games excluded, averaged 85 in '21 and 77 last year. Only 24, so shouldn't have gotten worse. But Sicily out and priced at 58 now. Some serious value there.
Yeah I don't think it would be a permanent move (Frost will replace Sicily), however he shifted back against Bris to help stem the flow at times, would start on ball and then push back.

Scrim could be an option. Has been out of favour/down on form and fitness. Could be a very good selection, hawks do tend to posses the ball around the back half. Impey benefited the last month.

1686907182510.png

23 green dots this week, 21 next week (assuming all players who are best 22 now remain so next week) with 1 trade left this week and 3 more next week.

Will see how Sheldrick/Robertson/Wilmot go tonight before settling on the third trade, suspect it's likely to be Chesser to Windhager (210k carried over) or Fyfe (105k carried over), but may end up being Atkins/Cincotta/Day out too.

Gut says it'd be wise to go Ashcroft to Crouch or Serong, but don't want to lock that in tonight & want the cash for next week to pick off Yeo and Darcy Cameron at a minimum next week.

I think i'm taking the dev rob risk

No mcluggage... he may get an uptick of cbas.......maybe
My understanding is he won't be that heavy in the CBAs tonight.

I think I am leaning to the DPP and JS of Windy. Could get Dev next week if required

In order to take Sheldrick's score, I need to dog Windhager, right? There's no better loop option?

View attachment 1714434

Could you not put Windhager into midfield for Humphrey and bench Humphrey? Depends who you think scores lowest out of those three I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaspa fletcher has recovered from an ACL within seconds according to my group chat

I remember Jimmy Webster doing something similar a few years back and to this day my mate and I still reference it when something like that happens lol.

Could you not put Windhager into midfield for Humphrey and bench Humphrey? Depends who you think scores lowest out of those three I guess.
Yeah guess I gotta toss up who will score better between humph and windy. Was trying to find a better loop option but it just doesn't work with my structure

My decision is between Humphrey or Pou. Pretty confident Humphrey will be the better scorer.

Actually could be Windhager as well. Think I’ll sacrifice Pou

Interesting match, there. Sheldrick, Wilmot and Dev Robertson putting up scores I’d tolerate with for my 18th (in a week I have 23) makes my third trade interesting.

Unlikely to benefit from Fyfe or Windhager’s score, and be good to keep a spot open for Lohmann next week, so no real point chasing it. But the only mid pricer in Ashcroft I could move has already played.

Lohmann especially but Fletcher too looked good and worth downgrading to next week.

Think it might be a Cincotta to a Yeo a week early, or Atkins to Darcy Cameron a week early or I guess Brad Crouch. But feels very weird.

Think I’ll take Dunkley’s 113 ahead of taking on Taranto, too. Not worth the risk.

Sheldrick a bad miss

Can't see any def rooks available that will be decent so kinda forced to get Himmelberg now and trade Day. Would have preferred Himmelberg after the bye....also Kingsley already toning down his HH playing back comments like a coward. Oh well time to get burned by GWS again

Day > Himmelberg
Hunt Kent > Sinclair
Hobbs > Brouch

Spending all my bank to get one less rookie fielded but next week will hurt. Can't afford any unexpected outs for next week now in order to field 18

Sheldrick a bad miss

Can't see any def rooks available that will be decent so kinda forced to get Himmelberg now and trade Day. Would have preferred Himmelberg after the bye....also Kingsley already toning down his HH playing back comments like a coward. Oh well time to get burned by GWS again

Day > Himmelberg
Hunt Kent > Sinclair
Hobbs > Brouch

Spending all my bank to get one less rookie fielded but next week will hurt. Can't afford any unexpected outs for next week now in order to field 18
Hindsight. Wish I got Sheldrick instead of Stewart lol.

Hey everyone, I'm bringing in Serong for Ashcroft but was a bit curious on why so many people have brought in Brad Crouch this week?

Hey everyone, I'm bringing in Serong for Ashcroft but was a bit curious on why so many people have brought in Brad Crouch this week?
Largely on his history of scoring potential and the fact that Steele may be more in the background.
Also he could be underpriced but it is not without risk.
A lowish BE and if he fails in next 2-3 rds he could be upgraded easily.

Okay. Question time. Curious to hear whether this is too crazy...

Round 14 trades:
J Hunt > J Sinclair
M Phillipou > A Sheldrick
JVR > Lohmann
Bank: $529
No other dead reds in my middield and fwd lines, so can sit Sheldrick and Lohmann at M10 and F8 long term if they drop out next week.

This allows...
Round 15 trades:
Sicily > C Oliver
B Hobbs > D Cameron (F6 and covers Briggs at R2 in Rnd 15)
R Atkins > R Laird
Bank: $4k
If SicDog gets off on Monday then Humpa goes and one of Clarry or Rory will be downgraded to a midpricer.

Literally nothing about this is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back