Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 14 trades ....ouch !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’ll likely be him and SDK rucking. Got 40 mins to think about it, quite tempting

Good breakeven, too. But with Stanley looming, probably only a one week play before he goes back to being an 80-85 guy.

But also covers ruck next week so doesn't force a Darcy Cameron trade.

Leaning no because of the Thursday game.

Here's how I've got the rookies this week, any disagreements/suggestions/comments?

Name, (Price/priced at/BE)

1. A. Sheldrick
(213k/25/-3)
Heeney out creates the opening to keep his onball time with Parker back. Finals no longer possible, so kids might get a run. Heeney's return is a threat to him. At this price/BE, worth it.

2. D. Robertson (310k/37/49)
Always had low j/s despite the fantasy friendly style. Low TOG. Zorko still being out a red flag. But a few kids playing that would be below him in the pecking order. May get onball time with McCluggage out and no onball replacement.

3. K. Lohmann (209k/25/26)
Strong draft pedigree, and probably the strongest player of the bunch. Zorko out is the biggest flag for him, but also have the most confidence in him 'earning' his spot of the bunch.

4. M. Windhager (344k/41/46)
Paying a bit more, but named on-ball and has a fantasy friendly style. Job security the concern long-term, but should have 4-5 weeks with Clark out.

Gap

5. J. Fletcher
(278k/33/35)
No Zorko means at least one Lions kid will go for him. Breakeven means can wait a week and see the role - VFL form doesn't scream pick me

6. J. Buller (200k/24/25)
Job security a bit lower given Franklin is out and could be like-for-like. No harm waiting.

Gap

7. T. Berry
(307k/37/32)
When not sub, good for 45 odd consistently. Upside not worth the cover.

8. J. Clarke (282k/34/33)
Bad bye, otherwise I'd have a look.

9. J. Sinn (222k/26/33)
Bad bye, plays tonight, no runs on the board.

TBC with Sunday squads - but all probably the same comment: not this week
L. McNeil (230k), M. Hannan (335k), R. McComb (326k), J. Binns (238k), P. Dow (348k), D. Cuningham (307k), A. Sexton (273k), P. Spicer (265k), P. Curtis (300k)

I've been bloody waiting for Lohmann all year, too. I really like him. But ffs, can afford to wait a week I guess and have a look.

Warming on the Lions boys being the play. Really nice run ahead of them.

I've been bloody waiting for Lohmann all year, too. I really like him. But ffs, can afford to wait a week I guess and have a look.

Warming on the Lions boys being the play. Really nice run ahead of them.
Yes, a look this week ....see Lohman's role and trade-in next week for Cincotta

So with Mullin and Fahey out I'm down to 2 playing defenders (Sinclair and Young). Got the full 18 elsewhere, but still need to probably look to trade in a defender this week. Can't say I like a lot of the options.
Mac Andrew?

English is about as uncompetitive a tap ruck as anyone when he decides not to turn up.

One game of Lycett dominance vs a 2 year sample of him being dreadful. Favour the latter. Just hammered Blicavs for the fantasy overs on pointsbet.
That said ....Lycett did what a couple of other RUCKS have done to English ......jump early into the body, he couldn't handle it, and he got rattled

He adapted a bit better in the 2nd half

English is about as uncompetitive a tap ruck as anyone when he decides not to turn up.

One game of Lycett dominance vs a 2 year sample of him being dreadful. Favour the latter. Just hammered Blicavs for the fantasy overs on pointsbet.
Blicavs isnt really a better tap ruck than english though

Here's how I've got the rookies this week, any disagreements/suggestions/comments?

1. A. Sheldrick
(213k/25/-3)
Heeney out creates the opening to keep his onball time with Parker back. Finals no longer possible, so kids might get a run. Heeney's return is a threat to him. At this price/BE, worth it.

Always had low j/s despite the fantasy friendly style. Low TOG. Zorko still being out a red flag. But a few kids playing that would be below him in the pecking order. May get onball time with McCluggage out and no onball replacement.

Strong draft pedigree, and probably the strongest player of the bunch. Zorko out is the biggest flag for him, but also have the most confidence in him 'earning' his spot of the bunch.

Paying a bit more, but named on-ball and has a fantasy friendly style. Job security the concern long-term, but should have 4-5 weeks with Clark out.

Gap

5. J. Fletcher
(278k/33/35)
No Zorko means at least one Lions kid will go for him. Breakeven means can wait a week and see the role - VFL form doesn't scream pick me

Job security a bit lower given Franklin is out and could be like-for-like. No harm waiting.

Gap

7. T. Berry
(307k/37/32)

9. J. Sinn (222k/26/33)

L. McNeil (230k), M. Hannan (335k), R. McComb (326k), J. Binns (238k), P. Dow (348k), D. Cuningham (307k), A. Sexton (273k), P. Spicer (265k), P. Curtis (300k)

Love the summary

I'd have Buller higher personally. If he can hold his spot they have WC next week too. They must really like him, contract extension and straight in after one VFL game.

Def higher than Fletcher given the price and their VFL scores

Absolutely no idea what to do with trades now that Fahey is out, but I need to trade a rook less than 300K in - as I'll have to use Davey Jnr.

Lohmann or Fletcher both possibilities, but honestly don't know which one has the better JS. Fletcher much better Fantasy prospect, but who knows if he's there next week.

Tough, and will have to wait until 5PM tomorrow to make trades. No-one moved around yet, so should be fine.

Absolutely no idea what to do with trades now that Fahey is out, but I need to trade a rook less than 300K in - as I'll have to use Davey Jnr.

Lohmann or Fletcher both possibilities, but honestly don't know which one has the better JS. Fletcher much better Fantasy prospect, but who knows if he's there next week.

Tough, and will have to wait until 5PM tomorrow to make trades. No-one moved around yet, so should be fine.
Would you consider Lewis Melican ? .....scoring a bit iffy, but SYD will play the rest of the byes ....and his short term JS is OK

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Fahey out has done me in too. Was 7k off getting Johnson, Sheldrick and Stewart in so needed a 200k rookie.

Buller it is.. will no doubt be dropped next week and become another red dot. Very low hopes in his scoring potential even if he keeps his spot

1. A. Sheldrick
(213k/25/-3)

Gap

5. J. Fletcher
(278k/33/35)

Gap

7. T. Berry
(307k/37/32)

9. J. Sinn (222k/26/33)

Not often you'd get someone priced at $213k with a Negative Break Even.

That, coupled with Sydney already having their bye, plus a few swans injuries make Sheldrick a must have.
I'd prefer some better scorers like Dev Rob but as it is, even this week I can't field Sheldrick (currently has the E so I'll bench Humphrey if Sheldrick does well)

Can't find anything about the injury. If it's a minor one Buller has to be a no go
Nah disagree, though depends who you get him for. For me it's for Drury so is absolutely the play.

Buddy is probably just a rest but if Buller has an OK game he'll probably stay in.

Nah disagree, though depends who you get him for. For me it's for Drury so is absolutely the play.

Buddy is probably just a rest but if Buller has an OK game he'll probably stay in.

Buddy listed as a knee on the teams

Would think there's no need for them to rush him back for the WC game even if it is minor

Buddy listed as a knee on the teams

Would think there's no need for them to rush him back for the WC game even if it is minor

On the other hand an easy kill at home where he could hopefully kick 3-4 is probably the perfect game to play him. Why play him in the tough ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back