Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 14 trades ....ouch !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair call. I'm risking it anyway and hope he does enough to hold his spot

Oh yeah I'm grabbing him for Drury. Worst case he doesn't play next week but Drury wasn't going to play anyway. And means I have JVR for next week anyway. So basically JVR (+ potentially Buller) v Windhager.

1686833579429.png

17 pre trades (18 if Cinc is named).

Looking at
JVR to Sheldrick
Sharp to DevRob

Gives 243k.

Options for 3rd trade
Cinc to 645k Def - HH? Not much else on offer
Day to Sinclair/Ryan/Young/Lloyd
SMitchell to 781k or less - Wanganeen-Milera

Hobbs? 3 game average has been quite good and still has good money to make.

Any other ideas?

No Defenders on any other lines so the third trade has to be a defender.
Can loop Sheldrick and Philipou this week.

I now have two choices now that Fahey isn't playing - as I need a defender to get the cash gen from Hunt, and there are no rookie priced defenders:

1. Trade in Lohmann or Buller instead of Sheldrick, along with Brouch and Himmelberg, and trade out Cogs next week (was going to get HH after the byes, but this gets him in earlier but still keeps my trades similar)

2. Trade in Sheldrick, Docherty and Brouch, but trade out Cogs, Hunt and Pedlar this week, to fund what would be my post bye trade (keeps bye structure the same, but allows me to get the defender I need in earlier). Could also trade in Sinclair, but don't want in the long run.

Essentially:

Lohman and Himmelberg but Cogs stays in this week and traded next week

vs

Sheldrick and Docherty, but trade out Cogs this week

Thoughts (leaning towards option 2)?

Last edited:

I now have two choices now that Fahey isn't playing - as I need a defender to get the cash gen from Hunt, and there are no rookie priced defenders:

1. Trade in Lohmann or Buller instead of Sheldrick, along with Brouch and Himmelberg, and trade out Cogs next week (was going to get HH after the byes, but this gets him in earlier but still keeps my trades similar)

2. Trade in Sheldrick, Docherty and Brouch, but trade out Cogs, Hunt and Pedlar this week, to fund what would be my post bye trade (keeps bye structure the same, but allows me to get the defender I need in earlier). Could also trade in Sinclair, but don't want in the long run.

Essentially:

Lohman and Himmelberg but Cogs stays in this week and traded next week

vs

Sheldrick and Docherty, but trade out Cogs this week

Thoughts (leaning towards option 2)?
I like option 2 and considered Doch this week to finish my defence but went Brouch + Sinclair + Sheldrick.
I'll get Doch off his bye.
Only running 4 defenders this week and that includes Stewart's 66, Wilmot and Cincotta.
Not gonna stuff up my side for the sake of another 1 defender though.

I like option 2 and considered Doch this week to finish my defence but went Brouch + Sinclair + Sheldrick.
I'll get Doch off his bye.
Only running 4 defenders this week and that includes Stewart's 66, Wilmot and Cincotta.
Not gonna stuff up my side for the sake of another 1 defender though.

Yep good to see I'm not crazy for considering this, haha

The tricky thing with trades this week is planning ahead for next weeks trades with enough cash to upgrade. I will have 16 players so can get to 19 but to get anyone worthwhile (Darcy Cameron) it means trading someone with value on their head.

For my team that is going to be either Wardlaw (and lose a bunch of cash that he will make) or Humphrey who is closer to maxed but he's playing Hawthorn and that will take me down to 18 players.

The Wardlaw decision is going to be interesting. If you don't trade him next week on the bye I feel like you have to hold for ages. But I don't really want a rookie on field

Last edited:
The tricky thing with trades this week is planning ahead for next weeks trades with enough cash to upgrade. I will have 16 players so can get to 19 but to get anyone worthwhile (Darcy Cameron) it means trading someone with value on their head.

For my team that is going to be either Wardlaw (and lose a bunch of cash that he will make) or Humphrey who is closer to maxed but he's playing Hawthorn and that will take me down to 18 players.

The Wardlaw decision is going to be interesting. If you don't trade him next week on the bye I feel like you have to hold for ages. But I don't really want a rookie on field
My trades for next week barring any BS will be a Callaghan upgrade, and a downgrade of one of Bedford/Humphrey and the upgrade of the one that doesn’t get downgraded. Got $187k prior to those so should be able to get two upgrades done. Should mean that all rookies will be off field.

So that would mean for me (hopefully)

Callaghan to Titch
Humphrey or Bedford to Buller
Humphrey or Bedford to Mitchito

And it should leave enough cash for R16 that I can straight swap a mid pricer for a big dog

Last edited:
Kinda hope atkins or cincotta or both dont get selected to make my trade decisions easier

Aside from the fact that all the value is in the forward/mid line this week, and I'd need to trade at least one, ideally both, for defensive options, I'm in the exact same boat. Can't bring myself to lose a warm body this week, but it'd open up some much clearer doors if I did.

He’s $301k, but I have a feeling it’s gonna end up like Marchbank last year, cheapish trade in gets injured straight away again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think I have locked in
JVR - Sheldrick (can loop with Pou this week)
Sharp - DevRob

Stuck on which option is the best.

1) Day to Sinclair
2) Seamus Mitchell to NWM (or defender 781k or less - just short of Young/Ryan)
3) Cincotta (if not named) to HH (or defender 645k or less)
4) Pou to Owens
5) Hobbs to BCrouch/Warner/Sinclair

Team below with first two trades completed. 18 or 19 playing prior to final trade.
1686888713698.png

Just thinking out loud again, it's annoying for me as I'm strong forward, want Darcy Cameron next week (and already have Keays), and a lot of the value this week is forward.

But why not Mitch Owens? Plays the next two, all the metrics say he's a serious player (as does the eye test), averages 85 (split 85 in his first 5, 85 in his last 5 too) excluding the injury game, Saints have a solid run from here, and he's priced at 76, 9 below his effective average.

Not often you get a not quite premium but not far off it available priced 80k below his average, who's got 2x helpful games left during the byes? It's value, so why not?

Just thinking out loud again, it's annoying for me as I'm strong forward, want Darcy Cameron next week (and already have Keays), and a lot of the value this week is forward.

But why not Mitch Owens? Plays the next two, all the metrics say he's a serious player (as does the eye test), averages 85 (split 85 in his first 5, 85 in his last 5 too) excluding the injury game, Saints have a solid run from here, and he's priced at 76, 9 below his effective average.

Not often you get a not quite premium but not far off it available priced 80k below his average, who's got 2x helpful games left during the byes? It's value, so why not?
He’s my main target next week, wanna get him and Titch in. If he gets some mid time he could score even higher. But Ross the Boss is a bit stubborn to do that

Last edited:

Definitely looking at him (as per post above). I just think my team probably needs a defender this week given green dots in my side and the players who will continue to make $.

DEF - 3 premo, Sheezel, Day and then rookies
MID - 5 premo and rookies (inc Ashcroft)
RUCK - 2 premo
FWD - 5 premo and Hobbs

Think I have locked in
JVR - Sheldrick (can loop with Pou this week)
Sharp - DevRob

Stuck on which option is the best.

1) Day to Sinclair
2) Seamus Mitchell to NWM (or defender 781k or less - just short of Young/Ryan)
3) Cincotta (if not named) to HH (or defender 645k or less)
4) Pou to Owens
5) Hobbs to BCrouch/Warner/Sinclair

Team below with first two trades completed. 18 or 19 playing prior to final trade.
View attachment 1714060

Of your proposed options, I like Hobbs to Sinclair the most. Hobbs to Crouch second, Pou to Owens third. Given it looks like your numbers next week will be strong.

It's the only one where you're losing someone who will definitely not be best 22 post byes, for someone whovery likely will. Day might, Owens only a might, NWM might, HH might, Warner unlikely, Crouch potentially. Owens can wait a week with the BE of 80 & you can figure out how it looks on paper then when prices are fixed in place IMO.

Of your proposed options, I like Hobbs to Sinclair the most. Hobbs to Crouch second, Pou to Owens third. Given it looks like your numbers next week will be strong.

It's the only one where you're losing someone who will definitely not be best 22 post byes, for someone whovery likely will. Day might, Owens only a might, NWM might, HH might, Warner unlikely, Crouch potentially. Owens can wait a week with the BE of 80 & you can figure out how it looks on paper then when prices are fixed in place IMO.
Day is interesting, in the sense with Sic likely to be out for 3 weeks suspended, he might spend more time in the back half as he has done the previous two weeks.

Not sure if this helps or hinders his scoring ability. Should mean he can get more +6s as an exit from D50, or for the switch.

Wardlaw scoring gonna take a hit with simpkin and greenwood back.... he's a lock for trade out next week
Will be a good test to see how he scores this week. He's a jet and has been unreal in the centre square

Windy or DevRob?

Windy probably has the better JS and has DPP.

Dev role can often go all over the place, but there are spots in that 22 to nail down if he wants it. hmmm

34k cost difference might be worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back