Trades 2023 Fantasy Round 14 trades ....ouch !

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on your luck still. There have been many injuries/suspensions to the likes of Doch, Day, Sic, Stewart, etc etc
I focused on def and fwd first and my M4 this week is Ashcroft haha. My team is like a sandwich with great bread and no fillings
I've gone down the POD route, to try and climb the rankings ......Smith, Docherty, Walsh, Redman ect .....has failed

So now, I have to bring in players highly owned, because I'm still carrying the spuds .....makes it impossible to climb rankings

Damn there goes my Zorko trades looks like im back on the Crouch/Berg ins

I've gone down the POD route, to try and climb the rankings ......Smith, Docherty, Walsh, Redman ect .....has failed

So now, I have to bring in players highly owned, because I'm still carrying the spuds .....makes it impossible to climb rankings
Walsh needs to pull out a monster score this week if he’s to stay in my team, or score enough that he doesn’t tank in price too much

Walsh needs to pull out a monster score this week if he’s to stay in my team, or score enough that he doesn’t tank in price too much
I've been saying this for 2 weeks now, with Walsh .....I'll persevere, as he's definitely got the ability to be a Top 8 MID ....plus I still have Steele to contend with as well

Swans fans, McAndrew Emg, will he ever get another game? Deciding if i get him 245k or a basement who will never play? (45k) to get 0-50k end of the year is it even worth it?

Notes from teams:

• Atkins/Humper extended bench, at least one of those two, Ellis, Davies, Andrew misses
  • Cincotta extended bench, Newman in (like-for-like). A couple of omissions already, but depends how brutal Voss is. Unless a defender swings forward, you would think one of Lewis Young/Cincotta is the omission for Newman
  • Windhager named guts
  • Heeney out, which means his 70% CBA from last week can be absorbed by Parker, so Sheldrick should be unchanged in role
  • Sam Taylor in for effectively Fahey, so a defender for a wing. Flag for Himmelberg. 6 defenders as named, plus Keeffe, Perryman, Haynes on the bench - one, potentially two of them will not play defence. My bet is one of Haynes/Himmelberg is a chance to go forward, and Perryman probably plays wing/forward this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve given up trying to play the game and beat the price drops of these big names because it’ll just end in tears when I need to trade them back in for more than they are now. They’re in my side so I’m just going to cop it until they turn it around

So with Mullin and Fahey out I'm down to 2 playing defenders (Sinclair and Young). Got the full 18 elsewhere, but still need to probably look to trade in a defender this week. Can't say I like a lot of the options.

Notes from teams:

• Atkins/Humper extended bench, at least one of those two, Ellis, Davies, Andrew misses
  • Cincotta extended bench, Newman in (like-for-like). A couple of omissions already, but depends how brutal Voss is. Unless a defender swings forward, you would think one of Lewis Young/Cincotta is the omission for Newman
  • Windhager named guts
  • Heeney out, which means his 70% CBA from last week can be absorbed by Parker, so Sheldrick should be unchanged in role
  • Sam Taylor in for effectively Fahey, so a defender for a wing. Flag for Himmelberg. 6 defenders as named, plus Keeffe, Perryman, Haynes on the bench - one, potentially two of them will not play defence. My bet is one of Haynes/Himmelberg is a chance to go forward, and Perryman probably plays wing/forward this week.
Andrew not missing, he is our promo pic.

Atkins/Ellis will be the choice
Humphrey, Andrew & Davies safe

I've been saying this for 2 weeks now, with Walsh .....I'll persevere, as he's definitely got the ability to be a Top 8 MID ....plus I still have Steele to contend with as well
Yeah in most instances I’ll probably hold becuase there’s other issues, but I’ll try and get Callaghan up to someone next week (Titch is my main target) and if I do, Nic Martin will be my M8 which would be pretty good.

Or I swing Hobbs to M8 and get a forward in.

I’ve given up trying to play the game and beat the price drops of these big names because it’ll just end in tears when I need to trade them back in for more than they are now. They’re in my side so I’m just going to cop it until they turn it around
I nearly did that with Bray when he had that tough run. Luckily I didn’t trade him. Hopefully Walsh turns it around

Notes from teams:

• Windhager named guts

Here's how I've got the rookies this week, any disagreements/suggestions/comments?

Name, (Price/priced at/BE)

1. A. Sheldrick
(213k/25/-3)
Heeney out creates the opening to keep his onball time with Parker back. Finals no longer possible, so kids might get a run. Heeney's return is a threat to him. At this price/BE, worth it.

2. D. Robertson (310k/37/49)
Always had low j/s despite the fantasy friendly style. Low TOG. Zorko still being out a red flag. But a few kids playing that would be below him in the pecking order. May get onball time with McCluggage out and no onball replacement.

3. K. Lohmann (209k/25/26)
Strong draft pedigree, and probably the strongest player of the bunch. Zorko out is the biggest flag for him, but also have the most confidence in him 'earning' his spot of the bunch.

4. M. Windhager (344k/41/46)
Paying a bit more, but named on-ball and has a fantasy friendly style. Job security the concern long-term, but should have 4-5 weeks with Clark out.

Gap

5. J. Fletcher
(278k/33/35)
No Zorko means at least one Lions kid will go for him. Breakeven means can wait a week and see the role - VFL form doesn't scream pick me

6. J. Buller (200k/24/25)
Job security a bit lower given Franklin is out and could be like-for-like. No harm waiting.

Gap

7. T. Berry
(307k/37/32)
When not sub, good for 45 odd consistently. Upside not worth the cover.

8. J. Clarke (282k/34/33)
Bad bye, otherwise I'd have a look.

9. J. Sinn (222k/26/33)
Bad bye, plays tonight, no runs on the board.

TBC with Sunday squads - but all probably the same comment: not this week
L. McNeil (230k), M. Hannan (335k), R. McComb (326k), J. Binns (238k), P. Dow (348k), D. Cuningham (307k), A. Sexton (273k), P. Spicer (265k), P. Curtis (300k)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back