Game Day 2023 Fantasy Round 5 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Green sling tackle. Should be nothing like Day but will probably get 2 coz gotta protect the head lol
Thank God. Was starting to get embarrassed not having him in my side

Yeh maybe not from Milo Cyrus (apologies), but am seeing this same s**t take all over twitter and social media from absolute nuffies with no understanding that teams are made up of 22 different players, each with roles.
I'm looking at it purely from a footy perspective. I'm probably a bit too old school in my tactics. Blokes that got too much footy earn't it if you know what I mean. Surely it's coming.

OK ....so ranking went backwards some 800 spots ....but, given I held Day (not by design), I'm pretty happy with the round score

Not much, points wise in this rankings group, so easily caught up .....My premo's, with exception of LDU got a :whitecheck:

Rookie roulette cost me 70 points .....going conservative with taking Olivers 108 instead of my original (C) English, cost me another 15 points .....but taking a Ruckmen in that monsoon was always fraught with danger

DEF Rookies are killing me, gotta start upgrading

1681639499275.png

I'm looking at it purely from a footy perspective. I'm probably a bit too old school in my tactics. Blokes that got too much footy earn't it if you know what I mean. Surely it's coming.
His GPS numbers I imagine would suggest he earnt it.
Criticising him for not filling a stat line that his role doesn't enable him to fill is silly. It would be like criticising Caleb Daniel for not getting hit-outs (don't get any ideas Bevo....)

Player didn't even go off for concussion protocols.
Neither did Day's opponent .....or Pedlar's opponent

They've switched philosophies from outcome back to the action ......my, they must confuse themselves, narrative switches to suit the AFL's agenda

His GPS numbers I imagine would suggest he earnt it.
Criticising him for not filling a stat line that his role doesn't enable him to fill is silly. It would be like criticising Caleb Daniel for not getting hit-outs (don't get any ideas Bevo....)
You are missing my point. I am not talking about Naicos here. I am talking about how the oppo allow him to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neither did Day's opponent .....or Pedlar's opponent

They've switched philosophies from outcome back to the action ......my, they must confuse themselves, narrative switches to suit the AFL's agenda
so frustrating to watch whenever you see a tackle and wonder if they're going to call holding the ball or dangerous tackle, and if the latter, if it means a suspension.

so frustrating to watch whenever you see a tackle and wonder if they're going to call holding the ball or dangerous tackle, and if the latter, if it means a suspension.
And naturally, players will start to take a dive in the tackle .....I still believe that occurred to a degree with Will Day, which made the tackle look worse

And naturally, players will start to take a dive in the tackle .....I still believe that occurred to a degree with Will Day, which made the tackle look worse
Elliott held his head after Stocker's tackle today which was called dangerous tackle as well. Video showed he hit his head on the ground. There were plenty of dangerous tackles calls this weekend. Wonder how many will get the suspension.

Elliott held his head after Stocker's tackle today which was called dangerous tackle as well. Video showed he hit his head on the ground. There were plenty of dangerous tackles calls this weekend. Wonder how many will get the suspension.
Probably rub out a club they don’t like. Green will play next week.

Nice attempt at goading me into getting him, but I've promised this board multiple times that I'm not getting him for the year. No way I'm eating humble pie and backflipping on that. Going to have to just keep taking him on with my secret weapon Hayden Young 🥴
Respect for sticking to your word. Doesn't mean I'm not looking forward to the weekly updates

ezgif-3-e3d4aab0b5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back