Game Day 2023 Fantasy Round 5 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2103 2099 (thanks CD).... my best score this year. Hopefully this week I can actually make some tactical trades instead of fixing up injuries.

On another note, when you have a huge advantage in the ruck, and need two goals in two minutes is the best tactic to sit your ruckman on the bench??? More Ross Lyon brilliance...

you beat me and I had only 2 sub 50 scores! HOW??

Oh...because Worpel was my ******* highest scoring mid! WORPEL

I need some good premos fast, starting with English
My other 17 were literally all big or solid. Was prime for a biggie this week but as usual there's always ******* something

Have to start with English. If he's doing that in the driving rain 2 straight weeks you'd hate to think what's coming running around at Marvel

1,938 all out and down 4k places for the week. Six players out in one week hurts. I was expecting about 1,850 with the carnage this round so I'm happy with my score all things considered. It would be nice to have a couple of clear weeks to tidy up my team a bit. Good to see all the 2,100's about.

42 disposals with 6 contested...* me this is a scam
This is a dumb take.

Nick Daicos' role in the Collingwood side is to be the outside distributor. They recruited Tom Mitchell and have Taylor Adams to be the contested bulls.

It would be like saying Harry McKay had a poor game because he didn't get any rebound 50s.

Silly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Won all my cash league matchups and made some progress in the rankings without the little seagull so I'm going all right thanks. Didn't want to win the car by too much so thought I'd handicap myself to start the year and give the rest of you a shot :tongueoutv1:
No shame in cutting your losses and still grabbing him. Can almost hear you crying on the inside from here

2128 and held rank so happy with that.

Real guns & rookies team this week - 17 scores where only LDU & McGrath were sub-90, then 5 between 41 & 54. Need to get them off the ground ASAP.

This is a dumb take.

Nick Daicos' role in the Collingwood side is to be the outside distributor. They recruited Tom Mitchell and have Taylor Adams to be the contested bulls.

It would be like saying Harry McKay had a poor game because he didn't get any rebound 50s.

Silly
My point is how does he get 42 disposals?

Surely someone does some negating. Sit off waiting for him to recieive and tackle?
or sit between him and the pill.

yet they just let him do as he wants.

No shame in cutting your losses and still grabbing him. Can almost hear you crying on the inside from here
Nice attempt at goading me into getting him, but I've promised this board multiple times that I'm not getting him for the year. No way I'm eating humble pie and backflipping on that. Going to have to just keep taking him on with my secret weapon Hayden Young 🥴

2131 all out, but what could have been...

23,000 up to 17,000, up from 38,000 in Round 2, so slowly making progress.

Green out is really gonna put me behind though.

Another meh round.
Which Green & what happened ....I've been out today

My point is how does he get 42 disposals?

Surely someone does some negating. Sit off waiting for him to recieive and tackle?
or sit between him and the pill.

yet they just let him do as he wants.
Tend to agree here. I find it annoying when commentators wax lyrical about what a superstar he is (or is going to be). No doubt he works his guts out and runs to some really good spots to get the ball, but I can't think of many other superstars of the game that have been purely outside players. If he adds some inside stuff to his game - which I have no doubt he's capable of - then I'll enter the chat, but until then he's just a better version of Jake Lloyd.

Can't blame this board for going gaga over him because he does exactly what fantasy players need/want him to do. But in a genuine footballing sense it is frustrating hearing what some pundits are saying about him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back